BOL Conferences
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options Tools
#44299 - 11/22/02 03:42 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
A Designated Tree City in OK, ...
Are congratulations in order? Sounds like you will have an addition to your family?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#44300 - 11/22/02 03:51 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
Ice Man Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Well...Congratulations sound in order to my favorite BOL poster "exgovtbabe"

Maybe you could change your BOL name to:

"mom2be"babe
"exgovtmombabe"
"baberhamlinclon"
"lullabybabe" - my favorite

Congrats and Best Wishes...

Return to Top
#44301 - 11/22/02 03:58 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT Offline
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
Yes, that was funny, in a more than passingly strange way, so frivolity continues to seep into Friday Frivolity, but think about the fact that that makes you a great utopian, but your utopia is tiny.

Return to Top
#44302 - 11/22/02 04:00 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Congratulations Exgovtbabe! How exciting! Is this a first child for you?

Return to Top
#44303 - 11/22/02 04:04 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Thanks, y'all!! Yes, it is our first baby, and I'm very excited about it and could babble on for hours (but I will try not to.) LOL on the new name - let's see how I handle motherhood.

Oh yeah, and technically we're not telling people yet (1 week shy of the magic 12 week mark) so shhhhhh, keep it under your hats.

And I apologize to those who think (rightly) that this has very little to do with BOL's purpose. I'll be quiet now.

Return to Top
#44304 - 11/22/02 04:17 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
BOL = Baby On-Line?

Congrats.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#44305 - 11/22/02 04:35 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
Anonymous
Unregistered

AND most CO's, who happen to be "bankers" too, don't like "non-compliance" idots either. Obviously you don't like CO's very much or have some serious issues with "bankers" who know banking better than you do. AND in case you hadn't realized it by now this website is mostly dedicated to compliance types or people who appreciate the info they have to have to offer. Go blow off your "non-compliance banker" steam somewhere else. Yeah, I really liked your post lots. I'd like it even better it would just disapper.

Return to Top
#44306 - 11/22/02 04:43 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
Anonymous
Unregistered

You did make a good point J and I, as most of us who value this website and your opinions, appreciate all that you contribute, and that includes all your comments and humor.
Gigi

Return to Top
#44307 - 11/22/02 04:48 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wound a little tight today, aren't we GiGi. The angry compliance officer thread is two doors down. Have drink or something.

Or read the entire thread before responding. An apology has already been issued. It was meant as a joke--after all this is the Frivolity Thread, but I have now learned that does not mean anything. I apologized for the joke...maybe it was a little too realistic...it was not meant to be mean spirited. I guess sarcasm is dead after all.

Return to Top
#44308 - 11/22/02 04:55 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
LiL Bit Moore Offline
Platinum Poster
LiL Bit Moore
Texas
How about some frivolous quotes...

Instead of complaining that the rosebush is full of thorns, be happy that the thornbush has roses...

or

The scary thing about absolute freedom of speech is that it includes freedom of speech you do not like. The flip side is, you'd better support the freedom of speech you do not like because if you don't, the speech that is not liked may well be yours!

Return to Top
#44309 - 11/22/02 05:01 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, I did come in the right door anon, however, I was interrupted three or four times by non-compliance bankers before I finished writing the post. Yeah, I get it (the joke, hmmm?)and yeah, I see your apology. Wound up, you bet. I have had a baaaaaad week dealing with non-compliance bankers.

Return to Top
#44310 - 11/22/02 05:12 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Every time I want to throw my clients down a dark well, I just remember that they are my job security. While it doesn't make the frustration completely disappear, it helps.

Return to Top
#44311 - 11/22/02 05:16 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
William Offline
Gold Star
William
In a location
Maybe the Chinese Water Torture is needed for those bad non-compliance bankers? Who are those non-compliance bankers anyway… commercial loan officers? Oops I’ve made enemies now.

Return to Top
#44312 - 11/22/02 05:18 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep! they do make me feel needed, and even appreciated sometimes. I have a copy of one of the BOL cards on my desk that says:
MY JOB IS SECURE, NOBODY WANTS IT.....

Return to Top
#44313 - 11/22/02 05:24 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
RGS Offline
Platinum Poster
RGS
Home of the 8 time NCAA Champ ...
A guaranteed Friday every two weeks to play golf? Zaibatsu, do you need an assistant that could double as a member of your foursome?

Return to Top
#44314 - 11/22/02 05:26 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nope, believe it or not, not the commercial lenders this week. This week it was operaions and techs. Oh well, makes my job quite interesting and an absolute challenge. That's why FF is a good thing. It brings me back down when I stop for a while to enjoy the great posts and the humor.

Return to Top
#44315 - 11/22/02 06:09 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
Ann Offline
Platinum Poster
South Carolina
UTOPIA
An imaginary and indefinitely remote place; a place of ideal perfection especially in laws, government and social conditions. An ideal commonwealth whose inhabitants exist under seemingly perfect conditions. Hence "utopia" and "utopianism" are words to denote visionary reform that tends to be impossibly idealistic.

Yes, my kingdom is tiny, indeed.

Return to Top
#44316 - 11/22/02 06:24 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Congrats ExGovtBabe!! Don't worry, we won't tell anyone. Do we get to have a baby-naming contest?

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#44317 - 11/22/02 06:29 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
There is no guarantee, but if the weather is right and there is nothing that can't wait until Monday or be handled over the phone--I am out a here.

Return to Top
#44318 - 11/22/02 06:31 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Congrats ExGovtBabe!! I'm not good at coming up with names, other than a few choice ones for some of my lenders , but unitl the little one gets here, how about PreGovtBabe or PreGovtHunk, whatever the case may be.

Return to Top
#44319 - 11/22/02 06:40 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
SecretPoster Offline
New Poster
Reply to "who are non-compliance bankers?" Funny you should ask, a similar phrase was used in a topic of discussion among compliance officers and was answered -

Non-compliance bankers - Those who provide compliance officers ongoing job security by creating situations, circumstances or activities through communication (written and oral), transactions or actions, that are in violation of state and/or federal regulations. May be done willingly, however, is usually through just plain ignorance. Hence "non-compliance" (Examples may include but not be limited to loan officers, CEO's and marketing)

These comments should be taken lightly and are probably not my employers opinion, given the stated definition

Return to Top
#44320 - 11/22/02 06:51 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT Offline
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
Sounds like BOL is UTOPIA!

Interviewer: "So, you would really like the job. Well now, do you ever tell lies?"

Applicant: "No Sir, but I can learn!"

Return to Top
#44321 - 11/22/02 06:53 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Fantastic! You realize, of course, that with your profile info, anyone who looks at the site and knows you knows?

Here's to a happy, healthy, child with enough sense not to get into the family business!

Return to Top
#44322 - 11/22/02 07:20 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
LOL. Forgot about that. Well, as long as neither my parents nor my inlaws find out, I'll be happy. I want to tell my parents myself and I guess I'll be forced to tell the inlaws (although I've threatened to just wait until the baby is entering kindergarten....)

We've got names already but I could sponsor a game for the person who guesses it correctly, or comes up with the best nickname? (JCrump is ineligible from playing though.) Or how about a pool on when the baby is born? I'll have to see what kind of First Horizon gear I can scam for the winner.

Again, thanks to everyone for the good wishes, y'all give me warm fuzzies.

Return to Top
#44323 - 11/22/02 07:29 PM Re: Friday Frivolity
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Congratulations!! New babies are so much fun! Thanks for letting us be a part of it all.

My brother has a new baby daughter. His seven-year-old was very disappointed - he wanted a baby brother. But mostly because he wanted a bunk bed. When we convinced him that you could have a bunk bed without a brother, he decided the sister was pretty cool.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5