Could someone define this for me?

Return to Top
Human Resources
#443269 - 10/19/05 03:40 PM Re: Bottleneck employees
~Special K~ Offline
Power Poster
~Special K~
RRFCG PM
I would take it as nosy employees always trying to find out what's going on with others.

go figure tho

Return to Top
#443270 - 10/19/05 03:50 PM Re: Bottleneck employees
#12 Online
Diamond Poster
When I think of bottleneck, I think of the point on an assembly line where the work is slower than everywhere else. So a bottleneck employee would be someone who can't keep up with all the work that's coming their way, and therefore slows everybody else down. Just my opinion!

Return to Top
#443271 - 10/19/05 04:14 PM Re: Bottleneck employees
Anonymous
Unregistered

An employee who causes a bottleneck. In our bank, it's usually someone who dwells on something, can't make a decision, e.g., a loan officer who has 40 files on his/her desk with others in the department who can't do any work until the loan officer makes some kind of decision on the files.

Return to Top
#443272 - 10/19/05 04:31 PM Re: Bottleneck employees
Dream Dancer Offline
Texas
Quote:

I would take it as nosy employees always trying to find out what's going on with others.

go figure tho

I think you are thinking of "rubberneck", a term used frequently to describe people who slow or block traffic (and rescue efforts) by slowing down or stopping to look at a traffic accident, fire or other emergency situation. They have no personal stake in the situation, they are just curious.
Of course, those type of people are usually bottleneck employees at work also.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry