Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#443383 - 10/19/05 05:21 PM The Biggest Loser
bankerboy252 Offline
New Poster
bankerboy252
Has anyone been watching the Biggest Loser? I think it's a great show.

Return to Top
#443384 - 10/25/05 05:46 AM Re: The Biggest Loser
Anonymous
Unregistered

NO.

Return to Top
#443385 - 10/26/05 08:05 PM Re: The Biggest Loser
Cat Woman Offline
Diamond Poster
Cat Woman
New England
I watched it last night. I think it's good too. I can't believe how good Pete looked when they showed his update.

Return to Top
#443386 - 10/26/05 08:09 PM Re: The Biggest Loser
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I watch the show. I had to miss last night to unplanned circumstances. I think it is a good show.

Return to Top
#443387 - 10/26/05 08:15 PM Re: The Biggest Loser
file queen Offline
Gold Star
file queen
Nevada
Before last night, I had never seen it. Normally, I hate reality tv, but it was really good. I was surprised that everyone seemed really supportive of eachother-you don't see that often anymore.

Return to Top
#443388 - 10/27/05 02:56 AM Re: The Biggest Loser
flaire Offline
100 Club
flaire
sw us
No because it reminds me that i haven't been to the gym in over a year...

Return to Top
#443389 - 10/27/05 06:19 PM Re: The Biggest Loser
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am about 100 lbs, 5'5". When I was pregnant I went up to 227lbs (that's right! )Never had complications either. Not that anyone noticed. All that was commented on is how FAT I had gotten.

Never had any body image issues, and thankfully I am with a husband who has never judged me by my exterior. But for the first time I got to experience how people who are heavy are either ignored or have every part of their body gets to be public discussion. "You're really gaining in your thighs.", "Wow...your arms got big.", "When are you going to lose all that FAT?"

After my son was about a year the weight naturally went away. (I have always had a good diet of vegetables, home cooked meals, and sweets when desired.)

People are NOT naturally supportive of others most of the time. It is very refreshing to see this show with their brand of healthy competition and empathy.

I know that my colleagues think it's odd that I am so into watching a show about people losing weight because all they see is the 100lb woman that I am right now.

No matter what your weight I think the show demonstrates that we should all go easier on ourselves, whether it's with second helpings, going to the gym, or judging how we look.

Return to Top
#443390 - 10/27/05 08:08 PM Re: The Biggest Loser
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
I liked the first season of the show but not this one. I was so motivated when I watched the first season but this one lost me after their first week they lost 15 lbs in a week. Some people lost more than that.
In my opinion, I think they're losing way too much weight weekly to be considered "normal" and it has been a de-movitator in a way for me. It makes my 2 lbs a week seem small potatoes.

That's just me I guess.

Return to Top
#443391 - 10/27/05 08:32 PM Re: The Biggest Loser
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Ah, but Chef, your 2 pounds a week are more likely to stay off than their 15 pounds. Keep up the good work, and don't give up! Weight reduction is a tough thing to do, and takes a lot of life changes. But the healthy rewards are worth it.

I am confident you will reach you goal! Woo hoo!

Return to Top
#443392 - 10/28/05 06:40 PM Re: The Biggest Loser
Anonymous
Unregistered

I liked the first season of the show but not this one. I was so motivated when I watched the first season but this one lost me after their first week they lost 15 lbs in a week. Some people lost more than that.

But you need to realize that exercise and diet are the ONLY thing that these people are doing while at the ranch. If any of us had that kind of environment at home we would be losing that much as well. I for one love the show and would love to go on it(but I only need to lose sixty or so pounds, so i am probably out of the running, by the way, i'm a male.)

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett