Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#44652 - 11/21/02 04:27 PM 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT Offline
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
I’m proposing that as we close out fiscal 2002, we stop to thank BOL’s Most Valuable Posters (MVP’s). I’ve been posting for a short period of time, but it’s easy to round up the MVP suspects. I would like to formally thank each of the following posters for their responses to me and responses to others that were also helpful to me.

Andy Z
John Burnett
Richard Insley
David Dickinson
Ken/Pegasus
jbedsole
rlcarey
Bonnie M
zaibatsu
JacFSB
dpersfull

So much time and information is given by this group - nothing is asked in return. Perhaps you have additional names to add to this list.

I’m thinking that perhaps BOL management can come up with an award, for example a little flag next to the names of our MVP’s – similar to the icon that is next to BOL management names. “MVP” is suggested.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#44653 - 11/21/02 04:32 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
BankerMama Offline
Diamond Poster
BankerMama
Great idea!

Return to Top
#44654 - 11/21/02 04:32 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
I agree, the information that I have learned from the MVP's and everyone else, has been invaluable to me. It is so nice to know that there is a place to go when I can't find the answer. Thank you all so much!

Return to Top
#44655 - 11/21/02 04:38 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Bravo, bravo, to all those listed and those who aren't, but still take the time to help when they can. You can't see me, but I am giving you all a standing ovation!

Return to Top
#44656 - 11/21/02 04:50 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
My thanks to everyone as well, and I am very flattered, and honored, to be associated with the names listed above. They are all great! Thank you.

Return to Top
#44657 - 11/21/02 04:56 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
This is, indeed, an honorable group of which to be a part. Thank you.

I know we all appreciate the information we read here. From a personal perspective, responding to BOL postings has been as much an education for me as a contribution to anyone out there who gets something from my attempts.

Thanks, "Grist," and please know that I think you belong in the group, too. You may not have been here as long as some of us, but your additions to the Fora have all been pluses.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#44658 - 11/21/02 05:11 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Ann Offline
Platinum Poster
South Carolina
At this time of year, I am most thankful for all the blessings in my life. And you are ALL a blessing to me! Thank you! Bravo! Applause! Applause! Break a leg in 2003!

Return to Top
#44659 - 11/21/02 05:47 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I appreciate the recognition and would hope that those who get help here, will also provide help here to the next person. As an industry, and as good people, that is how we progress and improve. I've learned so much from others here whether it is from their posts or something I see when I research an answer. This is just a great collaborative effort and I am thankful to be a part of it and associated with so many of you.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#44660 - 11/21/02 05:50 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Thank you Grist, and let me say that I am truly humbled. And let me add that I would like to raise my virtual umbrella drink in a toast to all the contributors here.

Return to Top
#44661 - 11/21/02 06:10 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
NMB Offline
Gold Star
Southeast Michigan
Since tuning in to this forum about five months ago, I have been able to shed the feeling of being alone in the compliance wilderness. I have learned a lot, bolstered my own self-confidence, and even felt confident enough to offer advise instead of just asking for it.

Initially, it was so time consuming to get through the threads that I begrudged every post that took up valuable time to just said "thank you". However, I have since realized that it is the least I can do for all of the valuable knowledge that others are generous enough to share.

(I now try to catch up on the threads during lunch and after work.)

Return to Top
#44662 - 11/21/02 06:13 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
Ditto! Thanks to Lucy also.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ unknown

Return to Top
#44663 - 11/21/02 06:20 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
What a wonderful and thoughtful idea! I have sure appreciated the wealth of knowledge, information, support, etc. that they have all given! This site it GREAT!
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#44664 - 11/21/02 06:35 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I think AnonRegulator should be on that list too. He/She always has good information, and I appreciate his/her willingness to participate in this forum. (And no, I don't have a clue who it is.)

Return to Top
#44665 - 11/21/02 06:52 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Wasn't there a movie like that, called "Pay It Forward"? When someone does you a good turn, like helps you solve a problem, it behooves you to pass it on and help another. This kind of attitude makes the world a better place. We need to try and remember that when we turn on the nightly news.

Return to Top
#44666 - 11/21/02 07:21 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Ice Man Offline
Gold Star
Texas
Very awesome idea Grist...Your list of MVPs is absolutely on the money.

I would like to thank all the MVPs as well...Their valuable contribution and words of wisdom let us all know that we are not alone in this crazy compliance world. I truly consider the MVPs as my personal "Board of Directors"...because who else, and where else can we go and bounce off our ideas and have this elite group of friends, come to our aid in times of need. They are AWESOME!!

Thanks you MVPs and all of the valuable "BOL Users"...

Return to Top
#44667 - 11/21/02 07:29 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excellent idea, Grist! We'll figure out if the software will allow it. If not, we'll find another way to accomplish the designation.

Return to Top
#44668 - 11/21/02 07:45 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Ann Offline
Platinum Poster
South Carolina
I also vote for AnonRegulator. He/she provides valuable insight to the examiner's interpretation of the issues.

My opinions are my own and not those of my employer.

Return to Top
#44669 - 11/21/02 08:13 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I have to agree with most nominations, third the nomination for Anon, second the nomination for Lucy and First a nomination (or would that be just nominate?) Ex Gov Babe.

You all rock!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#44670 - 11/21/02 08:25 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Thank you so much for including me in your list, Grist. Boy did I have you pegged wrong on the Audit thread, huh? I'm honored to be included with such an esteemed group of colleagues. But I do ask for something in return for what I give to this group. I ask that all who post questions also be willing to give back to the group when they have opportunity. I ask that all be sensitive to differing opinions. I ask that we try to see other possible tones to messages (difficult to sometimes do with online messages) other that our initial reaction - that we take time to think "Maybe they only meant to say..." I ask that we all support the advertisers on this site so that it remains a free and valuable resource for us all - c'mon, folks, click on some of those ad links. And finally, I ask that we all have a little bit of fun here too (but only on Fridays, of course ).

Return to Top
#44671 - 11/21/02 09:24 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like to nominate exgovtbabe too...

from your friendly neighborhood, BOL User (who forgot to sign in)

Return to Top
#44672 - 11/21/02 09:29 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
I second that and would love to know what exgovtbabe means...

Return to Top
#44673 - 11/21/02 09:31 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
If I'm not mistaken, she's an ex FDIC Examiner.

Return to Top
#44674 - 11/21/02 09:32 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
In reply to:

would love to know what exgovtbabe means

I'd bet in her prior life as a regulator, many bankers asked that same question. "What do you mean...".
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#44675 - 11/21/02 09:44 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
LiL Bit Moore Offline
Platinum Poster
LiL Bit Moore
Texas
I'm a new, already addicted, user of the threads but have been a long time BOL user. All of the information presented in this format is excellent and very helpful. What I most enjoy about the format is the acceptance and responses to even the simplest of questions without a condesending tone. Or at least you can't hear the "everyone knows that" snickers! Sometimes we just simply need reassurance and reinforcement when we are made to question what we think we know. I think the guys/gals on the list presented by GRIST and some of the other posters are qualified as MVP's not only becuase of their knowledge and willingness to share but also for the attitude with which they share it! Thanks to all of you!

Not that I don't enjoy a hard time every now and then... Grist

Return to Top
#44676 - 11/21/02 09:44 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Now quit, y'all are going to make me cry! I am certainly not in the class of the MVP gang. But I am so touched to have been nominated.

Dan's right, I'm a former FDIC examiner (very recently left.) Came up with the name ExGovtBabe from a friend of mine, who audits for GM and he tells me that they are called Factory Studs (since they are corporate). Just kind of evolved from that.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4