BOL Conferences
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options Tools
#44702 - 11/22/02 05:59 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I found the article - from Lucy Griffin's Compliance Action Newsletter (which I highly recommend!)

Paraphrasing the article:

The award was the Federal National Mortgage Assocation (FNMA) presented the first "Community Impact Awards" to two recipients.

One of them was Dawn Coursey and the First National Bank of Alaska. They were recognized for the special effort to reach rural villages in teh Alaskan Arctic with housing and banking opportunities.

The article goes on to briefly describe the programs and activities.

Congrats Dawnie!!!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#44703 - 11/22/02 06:03 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Miss the office just one day and you miss your chance to tag on to these great posts!!

Just had to add my THANK YOU to all these great MVPs (including those additional nominations). I am one of those COs who is doing it all and doing it on a part time basis and I absolutely could not do it without you. Some days I can answer questions or give another view, other days I need a quick answer myself. Thank you for being there and thank you BOL for bringing this site to us.

dpersfull ( me too on the name thing. sorry):
Since your so good at this agency stuff, what is your guess for Anon Reg--OCC or FDIC? I read one post today on FDIC exams and thought "OK, since this is the latest buzz for FDIC and he is on top of it, must be FDIC." Then I read about Fair Lending exams and it seemed to be the OCC buzz. Maybe we should start a new poll--"Guess the Agency". Seriously, AR, we really appreciate your input and you definitely give value added to these threads.

Return to Top
#44704 - 11/22/02 06:23 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
On the name thing, are you talking about the "diapers full" (I got a chuckle out of that, I have a 2 year old grandson that I simply adore, and I do get "diapers full" more often than I care to) or the "purse full".

As for AR, since I'm regulator by the FDIC I would like to think he's with them, but my gut feeling is he's OCC.

Anyway, based on his comments I think he'd be a good examiner. He'd be thorough, tough and most importantly fair. He would not just say "because that's the way I think it should be." He'd give you a site to back up his reasoning and take the time to listen to your reasoning.

Return to Top
#44705 - 11/22/02 06:39 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the idea, Andy! Hope Ken appreciates his patriotic attire.

If we were there in person to help him celebrate, you and Jim and I could do a magic show.

Return to Top
#44706 - 11/22/02 07:02 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Magicians in the crowd will appreciate this -

For about 7 years I lived in the little town of Colon, Mich. (which is near the top of the list of 'places with unfortunate names'). Immediately behind my property was Abbott's Magic Manufacturing, one of the world's largest producers of magic-related items.

Abbott's was founded in the early 20th century by Harry Blackstone Sr. and Percy Abbott, and every year they host the Magic Get-Together - the population of the town would double for a week, and we'd get people in from all over the world. Two shows a day, with Blackstone Jr. headlining on Saturday night.

It's something to experience - once. Still, if you're into magic, a pilgrimage to Colon is probably in order.

By the way, the local newspaper is called the 'Colon Express'. Fill in your own punchline...

Return to Top
#44707 - 11/22/02 07:19 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
You like me, you really like me! Thanks so much for the mentioning a pot stirrer like me. I think that I am adding frivolity and controversy as often as substantive comment. I feel very honored to be mentioned since I am not trully a compliance person.

Return to Top
#44708 - 11/22/02 07:26 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Tina A Sweet Offline
Diamond Poster
Tina A Sweet
Marysville, Ca.
I agree HATS OFF TO THEM!

Return to Top
#44709 - 11/22/02 07:27 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Oh Bonnie you sweetie! I'm honored. Sure I claim to be the Queen of CRA but thats just an excuse to wear a tiara to the office

Anyhoo...Thanks! I really enjoy this forum and it's been fun to help those who've had questions. I have some pretty detailed email conversations going with banks out there all stemming from BOL. It's enjoyable to lend a hand, but also to see whats happening outside of my white world!

BTW It was the Community Impact Award...and the only reason I know is because the danged trophy is on my desk (sure the strobe lights might be over the top but we're pretty proud of it). Unfortunately.....I forget the name on a regular basis myself LOL I did in an interview the other day

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#44710 - 11/22/02 08:35 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I would go home right now and have a toast to you all, MVPs, Birthday Boy, and Soon to be Mommy, to wish you all the best. But, tommorrow's the start of hunting season, and I can't have a hangover while holding a firearm!

So, I will just have to settle with sending my best wishes to you all!

Return to Top
#44711 - 11/22/02 09:05 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT Offline
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
Mary: Following is the consensus Most Valuable Posters (MVP) list. Please see if something can be done to acknowledge the ongoing contributions of this fine group of mentors and BOL citizens. Seventeen of the finest people in cyberspace!
  • Andy Z
  • John Burnett
  • Richard Insley
  • David Dickinson
  • Ken/Pegasus
  • jbedsole
  • rlcarey
  • Bonnie M
  • zaibatsu
  • JacFSB
  • dpersfull
  • Lucy Griffin
  • AnonRegulator
  • ExGovtBabe
  • Dawnie
  • Al Miller
  • mbguard

Return to Top
#44712 - 11/22/02 09:31 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
See, that makes me pant almost as much as a wireless broadband connection.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#44713 - 11/22/02 09:39 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
LiL Bit Moore Offline
Platinum Poster
LiL Bit Moore
Texas
Grist...you're name is not one the list

Your unorthodox ways of sparking in depth discussions within these threads has been of great value and contribution. IMO, Whether we like the poster or the methods of the poster is not necessarily the qualifying factor. It should be the value of the posts, the posters willingness to share and their ability to communicate to all level of users.

Therefore, I would like to nominate Grist for a BOL MVP candidate.

And a befitting comment....

We must love them both...those whose opinions we share and those whose opinions we reject. For both have labored in the search for truth, and both have helped us in finding it.

Thanks Grist!

Return to Top
#44714 - 11/22/02 09:44 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Hmm, could this just be a ruse to get ExGovtBabe, Anon, and me to reveal our true identities? It won't work, I will have a Native American accept my award and make a lengthy speech while a streaker reveals his shortcomings to a startled presenter. Oh, nevermind, that has been done to death. All kidding aside, I appreciate the nod.

Return to Top
#44715 - 11/22/02 09:46 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
In reply to:

a streaker reveals his shortcomings to a startled presenter

The powerpoint discussion is on another thread.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#44716 - 11/22/02 09:52 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Actually, I tried to find it, butt it was thread bare.

Return to Top
#44717 - 11/22/02 09:58 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Wow - an attorney with a sense of humor - how refreshing!!

Return to Top
#44718 - 11/22/02 10:15 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
Thanks, but I have to decline as I'm a little too unconventional to be in this group of fine BOL citizens. I like to play the devils’ advocate on issues, being reasonably careful not to cross the line, but I also love to push the envelope. Creating chaos to produce the best result interests me.

I don't want to just escape the box of inertia into the bigger box of imitation. So, the box cutter question isn't "How can I do this better," it's "How can I do this better than anyone has ever done it? Not just imitation, you don't reason with imitation, you cut a hole in it.

I've gotten two original ideas from BOL posters in the past few weeks. That's awesome and special thanks to the identified MVP's.

Return to Top
#44719 - 11/22/02 10:17 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
May I quote you, say, 60 Minutes style:

In response to my post, rlcarey said, "Wow - an attorney...how refreshing!! "

Return to Top
#44720 - 12/12/02 10:47 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
I just wanted to provide posters one last opportunity to thank the BOL MVP's prior to year-end, if you have not already done so. I'm still hoping for something to happen to acknowledge this group, as we would be lost without them.

Following is the consensus 2002 Most Valuable Posters (MVP) list.

Andy Z
John Burnett
Richard Insley
David Dickinson
Ken/Pegasus
jbedsole
rlcarey
Bonnie M
zaibatsu
JacFSB
dpersfull
Lucy Griffin
AnonRegulator
ExGovtBabe
Dawnie
Al Miller
mbguard

Return to Top
#44721 - 12/12/02 10:48 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Mucho Gracias!

Return to Top
#44722 - 12/12/02 10:49 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I think I can speak for all...that we're flattered etc...and that booze is always a nice thank you

LOL I'll take exgovbabes..the babe won't like it!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#44723 - 12/12/02 10:54 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
In reply to:

Muchas Gracias

Grist-thank you for all of your help to BOL, you deserve to be a part of the group also! Thank you once again to all of the MVP's, I know that I have learned far more with all of you on BOL!

Return to Top
#44724 - 12/13/02 02:56 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
I appreciate the kind words and that wonderful smile!

Return to Top
#44725 - 12/13/02 03:29 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
Anonymous
Unregistered

...and cute too...

Return to Top
#44726 - 12/13/02 03:42 PM Re: 2002 BOL MVP AWARDS
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
Thanks to all of the MVP's...I appreciate your expertise and your wit!

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4