Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#448153 - 10/27/05 04:10 PM employee account language
regwhy Offline
100 Club
Midwest
Trying to come up with language for a deposit account for employees that says when they are an employee they don't have to pay the fee, but will be charged if they cease employement.

Anyone care to critique or share what they use?

"The maintenance fee will be waived for employeees of NAMEOFBANK, however upon employee termination, a maintenance fee of $3.50 (plus applicable tax) will be imposed for each statement cycle."

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#448154 - 10/27/05 05:20 PM Re: employee account language
Anonymous
Unregistered

I prefer the term "termination of employment" rather than employee termination. Other than that, I think your verbiage if fine.

Return to Top
#448155 - 10/27/05 06:13 PM Re: employee account language
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Why don't you just give them a disclosure that includes the fee, but waive it as long as they are an employee?

Return to Top
#448156 - 10/27/05 07:10 PM Re: employee account language
Anonymous
Unregistered

We do what jokerman says. No one ever complains after termination that they didn't receive a proper disclosure. Examiners haven't commented on it, I'm not sure they've ever asked about it.

Return to Top
#448157 - 10/27/05 09:21 PM Re: employee account language
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Ditto Jokerman. In your employee handbook it should outline those fee waivers as a benefit, etc, etc

Return to Top
#448158 - 10/28/05 01:18 AM Re: employee account language
Banker Boy Offline
Banker Boy
Florida
We give employees an addendum to the standard disclosure that states something to the effect that while they are an employee, the terms in the addendum are in effect and when they are no longer employed by the bank, the standard disclosure takes effect.

Return to Top
#448159 - 10/28/05 01:02 PM Re: employee account language
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Which for us is in the employee handbook - easiest place to put it, they all get it, no one has to remember anytime they open an account.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett