Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#448712 - 10/28/05 12:40 PM Harry Potter
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Hey- it's not too long now for the new Harry Potter movie to come out. It looks good- they had a pic of the kids in the paper the other night- they have grown up some but they are still really cute! November 18, 2005- the fun starts again.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#448713 - 10/28/05 12:42 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm looking forward to it! The book was excellent!

Return to Top
#448714 - 10/28/05 01:15 PM Re: Harry Potter
Chi Offline
Platinum Poster
Chi
New England
Goblet of Fire was my favorite book in the series as it was chock-full of sub-plot and action. I actually just started reading the series at the end of Summer and I'm already on Half-Blood Prince. The books are easy page turners and I would recommend them to anybody who enjoys fiction.

I will miss Richard Harris as Dumbledore. I simply don't like Michael Gambon's delivery.

Return to Top
#448715 - 10/28/05 02:07 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can't go wrong with Dragons either!

I've seen a couple commercials and the dragons look awesome. i can't wait to see it.

Msnbc.com had nice little story on it.

Return to Top
#448716 - 10/28/05 02:13 PM Re: Harry Potter
Neytiri Offline
Platinum Poster
Neytiri
Pandora
Counting down the days. Since Star Wars and LOTR series are finished, don't have much else to look forward to moviewise. (Well more Batman - love Christian Bale as Batman - and Indiana Jones but these are different.)

Goblet of Fire is my favorite so far too. And the previews look awesome. I can't understand some people already complaining about the PG-13 rating. Well, the action is more intense, the kids are growing up and learning more skills. They have to learn a higher level of Defense Against the Dark Arts skills to be able to fight Voldemort in the last book.

Return to Top
#448717 - 10/28/05 02:27 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Counting down the days. Since Star Wars and LOTR series are finished, don't have much else to look forward to moviewise.

I don't know, The Chronicles of Narnia are starting this Christmas with "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" I think these are going to be good.

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of the Xanth novels made into movies. I loved them when I was a pup.

Return to Top
#448718 - 10/28/05 02:30 PM Re: Harry Potter
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
FBH - agree. The Chronicles of Narnia look great from the trailers so far. I hope they do the books justice.

As for GoF, it will be interesting to see how much of the book makes the movie. So much took place before they even got to school in the book. There is just so much material there to work with. I hope they do the book justice.

Return to Top
#448719 - 10/28/05 02:32 PM Re: Harry Potter
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
The campground scenes at the Quidditch World Cup look awesome too. You can definately see how the movie has changed. It looks awesome!
20 days, and counting. Then its The Chronicles of Narnia and King Kong.

Return to Top
#448720 - 10/28/05 02:52 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

peter jackson's king kong comes out before christmas also. just on his name alone, i will see it.
the new superman could be good; kevin spacey as lex luther. he has to be great in that part. they did change superman's costume though. it is more of a burgundy color with a smaller "S" on his chest.

Return to Top
#448721 - 10/28/05 03:13 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't wait to see Goblet of Fire. It was my favorite book because it was so action packed. I think I will have to read it again before the movie, just as a refresher. I can't wait for the final book. How does everybody think it will end?

Return to Top
#448722 - 10/28/05 03:18 PM Re: Harry Potter
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

I don't know, The Chronicles of Narnia are starting this Christmas with "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" I think these are going to be good.

I agree with you... I read the book for the first time in my life last year for my Children's Lit class and I think this is gonna' be worth seeing..

Return to Top
#448723 - 10/28/05 04:02 PM Re: Harry Potter
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
My parents go to church at Hogwarts every Sunday!

Return to Top
#448724 - 10/28/05 04:02 PM Re: Harry Potter
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Did you see in the news that the flying car was stolen?

Return to Top
#448725 - 10/28/05 04:29 PM Re: Harry Potter
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Is it just me or does anyone else see something wrong with Harry's appearance?

Return to Top
#448726 - 10/28/05 09:45 PM Re: Harry Potter
Neytiri Offline
Platinum Poster
Neytiri
Pandora
What do you mean by wrong?

And I forgot about Narnia. It does look awesome and hope the movie is good and they make these a series.

Return to Top
#448727 - 10/29/05 09:00 PM Re: Harry Potter
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
Quote:

Counting down the days. Since Star Wars and LOTR series are finished, don't have much else to look forward to moviewise. (Well more Batman - love Christian Bale as Batman - and Indiana Jones but these are different.)

Goblet of Fire is my favorite so far too. And the previews look awesome. I can't understand some people already complaining about the PG-13 rating. Well, the action is more intense, the kids are growing up and learning more skills. They have to learn a higher level of Defense Against the Dark Arts skills to be able to fight Voldemort in the last book.

The movie HAS to have this rating. this kids who are growing up with HP aren't kids anymore and they wouldn't want the moviemakers to sugarcoat anything for them. I think the majority of these complaints come from those who really don't understand what is happening to the characters at this stage of the story...any bets on what the final movie will be rated?

Anywho, I for one am STOKED and anxiously awaiting the release. My friends and I are making plans to see the midnight release showing at our local IMAX. I won't tell you where though, cause I don't want you stealing our tickets.

Return to Top
#448728 - 11/17/05 07:56 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just one more day.........

Return to Top
#448729 - 11/17/05 08:00 PM Re: Harry Potter
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Heard on the radio today that this is the best one yet. Over 2 hours. Although the host also saw I Walk the Line and said it is excellant, she thought the Harry would be the weekend winner.

Return to Top
#448730 - 11/17/05 08:02 PM Re: Harry Potter
DeeQ Offline
10K Club
DeeQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Can't wait, we are going to see it on Saturday.

Return to Top
#448731 - 11/17/05 08:12 PM Re: Harry Potter
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
It is 2 hours and 37 minutes. I have my tickets already for tomorrow. I bought them on Monday. I would have gone to the midnight showing, but that theatre is about 50 minutes away, and I have to work tomorrow.

Can you tell I'm a little excited? lol

Return to Top
#448732 - 11/17/05 08:56 PM Re: Harry Potter
Neytiri Offline
Platinum Poster
Neytiri
Pandora
Going Sunday. And probably seeing it more than once, if the previews are any indication of how the movie will be. CAN'T WAIT!! Love the holiday movie season!!

Return to Top
#448733 - 11/17/05 09:00 PM Re: Harry Potter
Peacock Offline
Iowa
I can't wait to see the movie either! The previews look so good. I'm dragging my husband along even though he hasn't seen any of the movies or read the books. I think he'll enjoy it.

Return to Top
#448734 - 11/18/05 12:58 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm looking forward to this one! I read Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince over a 3 week span this summer. I'm all caught up and ready for the movies! WhooHoo!

I want to see "I walk the Line." I've only recently discovered Johnny Cash. I bought his American IV album and really liked it - so I starting at the end and working my up to the beginning. Great music though!

Return to Top
#448735 - 11/18/05 01:21 PM Re: Harry Potter
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
It looks really good- I probably won't see it until next weekend though- maybe I can drag my hubby to it too.

Return to Top
#448736 - 11/18/05 02:25 PM Re: Harry Potter
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
We are all brainwashed into the need for new Harry Potter! New Books, gotta read them. New Movies, got to see them. (And yes I am too!)

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2