Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#450767 - 11/02/05 03:46 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Quote:

I thankfully have a kid that is well disciplined and behaves well at 4. I had to set the line when he was younger but he now is pretty good. He even turned down candy before dinner last night, however, it bothers me when I go to pick him up from daycare and he has been hit by one of the forementioned children.

It shows that YOU are the reason your child is the way he is (woo hoo for a responcible adult ). Most likely the kid that hit yours at daycare doen't have parents that either are lazy about discipline or just not educated about effective disipline. It truly is sad that our caregivers and teachers have to teacher children of today how to behave.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#450768 - 11/02/05 06:25 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Quote:

Quote:

I thankfully have a kid that is well disciplined and behaves well at 4. I had to set the line when he was younger but he now is pretty good. He even turned down candy before dinner last night, however, it bothers me when I go to pick him up from daycare and he has been hit by one of the forementioned children.

It shows that YOU are the reason your child is the way he is (woo hoo for a responcible adult ). Most likely the kid that hit yours at daycare doen't have parents that either are lazy about discipline or just not educated about effective disipline. It truly is sad that our caregivers and teachers have to teacher children of today how to behave.

Builder Chick, you are one of the people that makes offensive comments to pi$$ people off. Unfortunately, I have over active children. They are the type to hit other children at daycare. I am NOT lazy about discipline, and I don't lack in the education of effective discipline either. I am a single mom. You have to look at each situation to understand why a child is the way he or she is. My daughter, sadly doesn't have a dad. My boys are with their dad every other week, and me every other week. This attributes to the behavior of each child. You negatively put parents like me on the front line to take negative remarks, when in reality we do the best we can and are good parents. Yes, there are parents in the categories that you described, however, not all parents are there. You describe it as such. In the future, please be careful how you word your comments and feelings.

Return to Top
#450769 - 11/02/05 07:25 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Builder Chick, you are one of the people that makes offensive comments to pi$$ people off. Unfortunately, I have over active children. They are the type to hit other children at daycare. I am NOT lazy about discipline, and I don't lack in the education of effective discipline either. I am a single mom. You have to look at each situation to understand why a child is the way he or she is. My daughter, sadly doesn't have a dad. My boys are with their dad every other week, and me every other week. This attributes to the behavior of each child. You negatively put parents like me on the front line to take negative remarks, when in reality we do the best we can and are good parents. Yes, there are parents in the categories that you described, however, not all parents are there. You describe it as such. In the future, please be careful how you word your comments and feelings.

Holly cow! I wasn't referring to you personally so take frickin' pill. I go out of my way to NOT offend people. I too was a single mom for quite a while and know how hard that can be and I am not taking anything away from your parenting skills. When I posted I was thinking a few particular people that I have encountered the past 11 years in the school system and daycare. When I say uneducated in the process...I mean that people that yell at their kids in pubic to disipline them may not be the most effective process.

....And this is why I don't usually respond to any posts that have any frinkin' content!

Return to Top
#450770 - 11/02/05 07:42 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
BC, I know you weren't referring to me personally. I'm just saying that the way it was worded seemed to refer to "every" parent that had children that weren't well behaved. I take offense to anyone that refers to parents as bad when they have children that misbehave. Not just you. Sorry, that you took it so hard, but so did I, even though I know it wasn't directed to me personally.

Return to Top
#450771 - 11/02/05 09:14 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
You can get as mad at me as you want, but children's behavior does stem from the way the parent handles it. That isn't to say that anyone is always a bad parent, but it does mean you haven't found the appropriate way to teach your children to behave with others.

Return to Top
#450772 - 11/02/05 09:21 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
How many perfect little angels do you have MD??
There are kids that have actual problems... There is more to it then parenting. My daughter has anxiety, yes it has been medically diagnosed. This causes a lot of her behavior. My 3 year old has a learning diability due to being very sick the first year of his life. This causes a lot of his behavior. My 1 year old is just a normal toddler. Other then learning behavior from his older siblings, he is a great child... It's NOT ALWAYS the parents.

Return to Top
#450773 - 11/02/05 09:25 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
If you would have read the whole post before you got all bent out of shape you would have seen I said behavior comes from the way the parent handles it. Not that the parent is responsible for it. If you are as easily frustrated and reactionary at home as you are in here then it feeds physical problems.

Return to Top
#450774 - 11/02/05 09:32 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I read it all the way through. I am very patient with my kids at home and in public, yet I am firm and consistent with my discipline. It's the way the child takes the punishment. NOT ALWAYS the parenting or the parents reaction...

Return to Top
#450775 - 11/02/05 09:37 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
You guys need to hug and make up...

Return to Top
#450776 - 11/02/05 10:12 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Quote:

My daughter has anxiety, yes it has been medically diagnosed.

Have you looked into Big Brothers/Big Sisters for your daughter? You would be surprised how much having a "Big Sis" helps...not to say it will solve her anxiety, but it might be something she could enjoy. (My husband mentors boys and I have really seen a change in his boys)

Return to Top
#450777 - 11/02/05 10:21 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Quote:

There you go again, Guy. You just love it when girls hug dont you? Sick, sick, sick

Return to Top
#450778 - 11/02/05 10:23 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Quote:

Quote:

My daughter has anxiety, yes it has been medically diagnosed.

Have you looked into Big Brothers/Big Sisters for your daughter? You would be surprised how much having a "Big Sis" helps...not to say it will solve her anxiety, but it might be something she could enjoy. (My husband mentors boys and I have really seen a change in his boys)

I don't know, I'm a big brother... seems they'll let just about anyone do it these days... (I'm just kidding, I take my "little brother" very seriously)

Return to Top
#450779 - 11/02/05 10:24 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Quote:

Quote:

There you go again, Guy. You just love it when girls hug dont you? Sick, sick, sick

Guilty as charged.

Return to Top
#450780 - 11/02/05 10:27 PM Re: Young and hard to control [Preschoolers]
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Hey, maybe I should try that line!? but I definitely dont want to see a bunch of guys hugging....gross!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2