Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#450956 - 11/02/05 04:46 PM Re: Have you noticed
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Quote:

At the onset, it was definitely more intimate, less sexual, less tense, less confrontational, and more adult-oriented, with very few anon posters participating.

Yes, I would have to agree with that... I posted as an Anon (not very often, but did like to read everyone else's posts as an anon) for quite some time before actually registering. I for one am partially to blame for this. I openly admit that sometimes I can take the flirting and stuff too far. But if you look at the whole picture I think that it is more than BOL or the W/C that is changing. The whole banking world is changing. When I was a kid, I never thought anyone would catch me working at a bank. Banks were very conservative, and the people working there always looked too serious. (Not to mention that my personality would have clashed with that kind of environment.) Now days though, Banks have become more "people friendly" where newer more casual outfits are worn, the employees are more cheerful, and the over all look is less intimidating. I don't know if to call it a decline in society or to call it a revolution, but it is defiantly a change. I guess only time will tell...
That's my $.02 anyway.

Return to Top
#450957 - 11/02/05 04:57 PM Re: Have you noticed
ZGuy20 Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

Quote:

At the onset, it was definitely more intimate, less sexual, less tense, less confrontational, and more adult-oriented, with very few anon posters participating.

Yes, I would have to agree with that... I posted as an Anon (not very often, but did like to read everyone else's posts as an anon) for quite some time before actually registering. I for one am partially to blame for this. I openly admit that sometimes I can take the flirting and stuff too far. But if you look at the whole picture I think that it is more than BOL or the W/C that is changing. The whole banking world is changing. When I was a kid, I never thought anyone would catch me working at a bank. Banks were very conservative, and the people working there always looked too serious. (Not to mention that my personality would have clashed with that kind of environment.) Now days though, Banks have become more "people friendly" where newer more casual outfits are worn, the employees are more cheerful, and the over all look is less intimidating. I don't know if to call it a decline in society or to call it a revolution, but it is defiantly a change. I guess only time will tell...
That's my $.02 anyway.

I whole heartedly agree with every word you have just spoken. I never thought I'd be a banker either.

Return to Top
#450958 - 11/02/05 04:58 PM Re: Have you noticed
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
You know, its all about respect for each others thoughts and opinions, whether you agree with it or not.

Return to Top
#450959 - 11/02/05 04:58 PM Re: Have you noticed
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Thanks and thanks to Viking Princess.

By the way, I've been around for awhile and I find the changes refreshing and fun. A younger crowd has taken over the cooler, a very opinionated crowd that has a lot of interesting things to say about non-banking issues. I really don't like all of the hugs and kisses stuff, but I'm always interesting in what people have to say on the issues of the day.

Also, banking is really boring - most of the time, so why not have a little fun.

Return to Top
#450960 - 11/02/05 05:02 PM Re: Have you noticed
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
X - dammit...I can never see your avatars...stupid firewalls.

Return to Top
#450961 - 11/02/05 05:06 PM Re: Have you noticed
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Quote:

Quote:

... I for one am partially to blame for this...

I whole heartedly agree with every word you have just spoken.

Oh, Gee, Thanks.

Return to Top
#450962 - 11/02/05 05:08 PM Re: Have you noticed
ZGuy20 Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

... I for one am partially to blame for this...

I whole heartedly agree with every word you have just spoken.

Oh, Gee, Thanks.

I didn't mean to imply that it was your fault, I mean i take a chunk of the blame as well
Sorry Guy
-From ZGUY

Return to Top
#450963 - 11/02/05 05:09 PM Re: Have you noticed
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
lol... I was just playing.

Return to Top
#450964 - 11/02/05 05:10 PM Re: Have you noticed
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
<--- another one of the 20 year olds who has recently come to help take over BOL

Return to Top
#450965 - 11/02/05 05:33 PM Re: Have you noticed
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Quote:

X - dammit...I can never see your avatars...stupid firewalls.

Well, you are missing the show, so here's something just for you. With all the whining within this thread, we had all better get back to Politically Correct Terms.

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1. She is not a BABE or a CHICK - She is a BREASTED AMERICAN.

2. She is not a SCREAMER or MOANER - She is VOCALLY APPRECIATIVE.

3. She is not EASY - She is HORIZONTALLY ACCESSIBLE.

4. She is not DUMB - She is a DETOUR OFF THE INFORMATIONSUPERHIGHWAY.

5. She has not BEEN AROUND - She is a PREVIOUSLY ENJOYED COMPANION.

6. She is not an AIRHEAD - She is REALITY IMPAIRED.

7. She does not get DRUNK or TIPSY - She gets CHEMICALLY INCONVENIENCED.

8. She does not have BREAST IMPLANTS - She is MEDICALLY ENHANCED.

9. She does not NAG YOU - She becomes VERBALLY REPETITIVE.

10.She is not a [censored] - She is SEXUALLY EXTROVERTED.

11.She does not have MAJOR LEAGUE HOOTERS - She is PECTORALLYSUPERIOR.

12.She is not a TWO-BIT [censored] - She is a LOW COST PROVIDER.

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT MEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT

1. He does not have a BEER GUT - He has developed a LIQUID GRAIN STORAGE FACILITY.

2. He is not a BAD DANCER - He is OVERLY CAUCASIAN.

3. He does not GET LOST ALL THE TIME - He INVESTIGATES ALTERNATIVE DESTINATIONS.

4. He is not BALDING - He is in FOLLICLE REGRESSION.

5. He is not a CRADLE ROBBER - He prefers GENERATIONALLY DIFFERENTIAL RELATIONSHIPS

6. He does not get FALLING-DOWN DRUNK -He becomes ACCIDENTALLY HORIZONTAL.

7. He does not act like a TOTAL @SS - He develops a case of RECTAL-CRANIAL INVERSION.

8. He is not a MALE CHAUVINIST PIG - He has SWINE EMPATHY.

9. He is not afraid of COMMITMENT - He is MONOGAMOUSLY CHALLENGED

10.He is not HORNY - he is SEXUALLY FOCUSED.

Return to Top
#450966 - 11/02/05 05:35 PM Re: Have you noticed
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
I dont think it has much to do with age, the paul. I'm in my 40's and according to some people, I am the troublemaker. Go figure that one!? What difference does age matter anyway? I can be 40, or 52 or 18 if I want to be.

Return to Top
#450967 - 11/02/05 05:48 PM Re: Have you noticed
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
Quote:

Quote:

I think Patrice and the original Anon. are saying there are fewer and fewer posts they would like reading/partipating in. I've noticed a change too. It's interesting. I noticed a major change during the elections for the last presidential race. Almost every thread was political or would end up that way eventually. Then recently thanks to a few I will not name everything has turned to sexual flirting. It's very high school. I do still find some thread interesting and I will still participate but not to the level I used to. I suppose that makes my employer happy.

Maybe it's because those doing the flirting are not far removed from high school either by age, intellect, or maturity.

ThatGirl, I was just playing along to this anon's post

Return to Top
#450968 - 11/02/05 05:54 PM Re: Have you noticed
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
X - those are great! Still too bad that I can't see the avatar.

Return to Top
#450969 - 11/02/05 06:23 PM Re: Have you noticed
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
oh, Im just thinkin out loud, thats all.

Return to Top
#450970 - 11/02/05 06:45 PM Re: Have you noticed
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
Well I would definately agree with you, to call flirting "high school" would hint that people become asexual and stop talking to the opposite sex when they turn 18. I can understand if someone said it was unprofessional in one of the other forums that is business related, but that doesn't apply here. Not to say that every thread should just be lots of flirting (which they arent), but a little here and there isn't exactly a matter of national security.

Return to Top
#450971 - 11/02/05 07:06 PM Re: Have you noticed
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Have you noticed:

1. Some people like to start trouble no matter what.
2. Some people feel its their job to fuel the fire.
3. BOL has opened a private cooler for those that think the public cooler has gone to pot.
4. Everyone is free to choose which Forum and thread they want to view and participate in.
5. Everyone has opinions, thoughts, ideas, feelings, etc. after all we are in the USA.
6. Not everyone is going to be happy with everything they read or think they've read.
7. No matter what... someone will find some way to twist these words.
8. Fun here lately has turned into personal attacks, and lashing out against one another.
9. If we continue to argue and such they could very well revoke the cooler/couch all together.
10. Most of us have never heeded to the golden rule: "Treat others the way you want to be treated."
11. How the younger generation gets blamed for the "immature" things that are started in the couch/cooler.
12. That it is impossible to please everyone at the same time.

LOL... oh the list could go on and on... but honestly, the cooler/couch is just a place to hang out and exchange thoughts, ideas, opinions or whatever, meet other bankers, meet people with similar or identical interest as you, and mostly an escape from the hetic days in the real workplace. At least this is how I view it.

Return to Top
#450972 - 11/02/05 07:15 PM Re: Have you noticed
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Quote:

3. BOL has opened a private cooler for those that think the public cooler has gone to pot.

Where is this secret cooler? I can't see it anywhere...

Return to Top
#450973 - 11/02/05 07:18 PM Re: Have you noticed
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
We're not invited Gatto! No wonder your gatto is so angry.

Return to Top
#450974 - 11/02/05 07:27 PM Re: Have you noticed
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Funny! Seriously, what gives with the secret cooler?

Return to Top
#450975 - 11/02/05 07:35 PM Re: Have you noticed
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
You gotta email the administrater and ask to be added to the "secret threads"...
I tried once but never heard back, I think that is their nice way of saying get lost...

Return to Top
#450976 - 11/02/05 07:36 PM Re: Have you noticed
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
There is a forum for registered bankers (your ISP and email need to be confirmed to be allowed to enter the forum). Included are a few threads that are for the viewing pleasure of bankers only (no consultants or examiners) so that we can ask questions in private that we might not want to ask in an open forum. If you do not see this forum when you sign onto BOL than you should pm management (that's not me!) and ask how to get registered to use it (if you have a wish to do so).

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#450977 - 11/02/05 07:37 PM Re: Have you noticed
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
I once saw a "private" thread, when they were reorganizing the thread list. I clicked on it, but I got an "access denied" message.

Return to Top
#450978 - 11/02/05 07:39 PM Re: Have you noticed
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Well said, Search Me! I could add to the list too but I figure it best not to.

Return to Top
#450979 - 11/02/05 07:40 PM Re: Have you noticed
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
Quote:

LOL... oh the list could go on and on... but honestly, the cooler/couch is just a place to hang out and exchange thoughts, ideas, opinions or whatever, meet other bankers, meet people with similar or identical interest as you, and mostly an escape from the hetic days in the real workplace. At least this is how I view it.

You could have made that shorter - "I view the cooler as a place to talk about shoes and find other people who like shoes as much as I do"

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4