Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#451575 - 11/10/05 05:30 PM Re: Question for parents!!!
KAT Offline
Platinum Poster
Massachusetts
I have two girls who are now 28 & 30. One of them was pregnant at 19. When she came home with her boyfriend (now here husband) they chose to sleep in separate rooms until the week before the birth of the baby. She discussed why she wanted to have the same room. We never forced them to have separate rooms but they were trying to be considerate of our feelings. As she was already pregnant it wouldn't have bothered me at that time. My other daughter lived with her boyfriend after she got engaged.

My husband and I felt that they were adults and had to live with the consequences of their actions. We had raised them with morals and they made their decision.

I think what I am trying to say is you are an adult. Don't flaunt an action that upsets your mother but as long as you think about the consequences and try to lessen them you have to live your life. Good luck.

Return to Top
#451576 - 11/10/05 09:44 PM Re: Question for parents!!!
Cathy P Offline
Gold Star
Cathy P
NE
After my husband and I had been engaged for 6 months (6 months more til the wedding), we decided to buy a house together. I was 23 and he was 25. When we told my mother-in-law (more religious than my family) that we bought the house, she asked which one of us was going to live there. Of course we informed her that both of us were (as it was silly to keep paying rent at one place in addition to a house payment). She asked the same question 3 different times in about 2 months. Finally, she let it drop. For crying out loud, we were already engaged! We now have been married 5 years and have 2 beautiful children (ages 2 and newborn).

Return to Top
#451577 - 11/17/05 06:55 PM Re: Question for parents!!!
02bonne Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

When am I old enough do this without upseting my family?)

Wait until you have kids, you'll understand. Here is a comparison.....say you had a son that was 25 and was dating a girl who was cheating and only wanted your kids money. Same thing for fathers when their daughters start dating....most guys only want one thing at that age.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett