BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#453429 - 11/07/05 08:13 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
only ten years Ron? these girls are starting at 12, I need 18 years back!!!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#453430 - 11/07/05 08:19 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
I see. Maybe a little too young for me even if I was to go back in time. Isn't that like 6th grade age?

Return to Top
#453431 - 11/07/05 08:22 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
well i graduated in o5' and the views of these "younger" people are the views of people around my age and that was considered normal in high school and yes i have seen the teen pregnancies, it was considered ok at our school and the girls would just go to a special program school called program 6 so you can finish school in like half the time, my best friend was pregnant at 17 and it sucks now b/c she can't be 19, but you know i'm there for her no matter what and i don't think anything different of her, i just wish she would have protected herself, but I think it has a lot to do with the parents, my parents told me to tell them as soon as i needed to go get on BC, and she lived with just her dad and little sister, and he was more like don't see it it's not happening

Return to Top
#453432 - 11/07/05 08:29 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Quote:

I see. Maybe a little too young for me even if I was to go back in time. Isn't that like 6th grade age?

yep 6th grade.

Return to Top
#453433 - 11/07/05 08:34 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
ZGuy20 Offline
Platinum Poster
I've known a few girls in my hs that got pregnant. I personally think hs is too young to have kids, but that's probably because I was a "late" learner when it came to sexual escapades, but I've always been ready to accept the consequences of my actions, hence my feelings towards sex, and one-nighters and that crap. Basically don't do it if you're not willing to accept the responsibility (both physical and mental)

Return to Top
#453434 - 11/07/05 08:39 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
The problem for many of these girls is that they don't have any idea what the extent of those responsibilities are until they already have baby.

I'm 37 and I still need my parents for things. When I had my spinal surgery I needed a ride to and from the hospital and someone to stay with me for the first week. The responsibility doesn't turn off at 18. It's a life-long commitment. And if you want to do it right then it's very hard work.

Return to Top
#453435 - 11/07/05 08:46 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Better education is what is needed and if the parents won't do it I believe the schools should. In drivers ed they show you a movie of a drunk driving accident. They should also show some of the consequences that come with this. Including real photos of diseases and such. I confess I don't know exactly what they show in health these days but the little sketches in our books really didn't bring it home. I know many will disagree and say the schools have no business teaching this but obviously if it is on the rise the parents are not doing a very good job.

Return to Top
#453436 - 11/07/05 08:51 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Some parents and religious organizations have issues with teaching sex in schools, but I think it's important. Screaming for abstaining is not the answer.

Return to Top
#453437 - 11/07/05 08:51 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
People were having oral sex prior to Clinton, but it appears that high school students are now having oral sex parties and the level of 'acceptance' has dramatically changed since Clinton decided to be serviced in the oval office, etc.

Return to Top
#453438 - 11/07/05 08:53 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Just keep telling yourself that X. And I agree, your avatar is in poor taste.

Return to Top
#453439 - 11/07/05 08:56 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

Some parents and religious organizations have issues with teaching sex in schools, but I think it's important. Screaming for abstaining is not the answer.

AGREED

Return to Top
#453440 - 11/07/05 08:58 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Screaming for abstaining is not the answer. {/quote]

Actually, abstaining is the only answer. If girls would just say no - they could change the world: no more abortions, no more welfare problems, no more food stamps. Sex at a young age is behind all the ills on earth - starvation, low-income or no income over generations, etc.

So, young ladies - just say no.

Return to Top
#453441 - 11/07/05 09:00 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Exactly! Abstainence would be great but we have to be realists. Some kids will wait, others will not. By not educating them about the consequences and the ways to "protect" themselves is a fools game. If I saw real pictures of genetalia with puss filled sores I would think twice about doing any of it.

Return to Top
#453442 - 11/07/05 09:03 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

Quote:

Exactly! Abstainence would be great but we have to be realists. Some kids will wait, others will not. By not educating them about the consequences and the ways to "protect" themselves is a fools game. If I saw real pictures of genetalia with puss filled sores I would think twice about doing any of it.

or at least be REALLY drunk

Return to Top
#453443 - 11/07/05 09:04 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

i totally agree, they are going to do it anyway, so at least be preventative, or like they did at my school have the parents sign a waiver if they which they're children not to participate in the sex teachings. Just like in 5th grade when they show you that video about adolesence and puberty, if you didn't want your child to watch it you signed a paper saying so, and they let you do something else while others were watching the video.

Return to Top
#453444 - 11/07/05 09:04 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
LOL I've been there, Ron. Men aren't the only ones who roll over the next morning and find something interesting on the pillow next to them.

Return to Top
#453445 - 11/07/05 09:05 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

happy twisting words and using selective memory to further his cause....par for the course.

Hmmm,

I did not have sex...

I did not have sexual relations...

Sorry, anon, but I see no difference. I'm sorry if I left out one word in my recollection of Bill Clinton's speech, but I certainly haven't memorized them, as you appear to have. Certainly not twisting any words, as he said it, not me.

Return to Top
#453446 - 11/07/05 09:05 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Quote:

Actually, abstaining is the only answer. If girls would just say no - they could change the world: no more abortions, no more welfare problems, no more food stamps. Sex at a young age is behind all the ills on earth - starvation, low-income or no income over generations, etc.

or if guys could just keep it in there pants and not tempt these young ladies you are talking about. That might help too, huh?

Return to Top
#453447 - 11/07/05 09:11 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Quote:

Just keep telling yourself that X. And I agree, your avatar is in poor taste.

Please explain the 'poor taste comment.' It's simply a reminder of a real event - it should be on TV every night. So many people have virtually forgotten - especially the democrats. Does it hurt to be reminded?

Return to Top
#453448 - 11/07/05 09:14 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

Quote:

or if guys could just keep it in there pants and not tempt these young ladies you are talking about. That might help too, huh?

Careful of your audience or who you are responding to. Some are more tempting than others.

Return to Top
#453449 - 11/07/05 09:15 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Quote:

LOL I've been there, Ron. Men aren't the only ones who roll over the next morning and find something interesting on the pillow next to them.

And, on occasion, something really strange looking.

Return to Top
#453450 - 11/07/05 09:15 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I think showing the plane actually crashing into the tower is the same as showing people being gunned down in the street. If you want to remember 9/11 that's great, but there are other ways to do it without showing the murder of thousands of people.

Return to Top
#453451 - 11/07/05 09:15 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Quote:

You also need to teach the young men to not ask or expect it. The young men need to use condoms, quit passing diseases and be more responsible.

So, young men - take some responsibility too!

Return to Top
#453452 - 11/07/05 09:18 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Quote:

Quote:

Have you seen a phallus??? What's so tempting about that??

Return to Top
#453453 - 11/07/05 09:19 PM Re: Sex at High School Increasing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, it hurts to be reminded of people dying in unimaginable pain and fear. Especially as this is just one in a long chain of avatars which you have used to provocate. These people died and you're using the moment of their demise as a form of entertainment; you're using it as a political "gotcha". That's why it's in poor taste, you miserable, sad human being.

Signed,
Another Anon

Return to Top
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5