Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#453793 - 11/07/05 06:36 PM loan closing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would anyone be able to tell me what position we could be placing the bank in if it enabled the head of lending department to close loans? This person is a lawyer but he is also approving the loans and a second name signoff on the wire transfer and bank issued check for funding.?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#453794 - 11/07/05 07:02 PM Re: loan closing
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Our loan officers close their own loans. Is he a bank lawyer or just certified to practice law?

Return to Top
#453795 - 11/07/05 07:11 PM Re: loan closing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry I meant to say residential mortgage loan closings and no he is not a bank lawyer, an esq. or something. We close the home equities ourselves - no bank attorney required.
Do your loan officers approve the loans they close?

Return to Top
#453796 - 11/07/05 08:12 PM Re: loan closing
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Ours do...but we no longer allow them to handle issuance of the proceeds...they must be signed by another employee.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#453797 - 11/07/05 08:53 PM Re: loan closing
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
We are rather small. Another party does the underwriting, all are approved by either 2 lenders or a committee. They close the loans and sign the checks. They do not process.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z