Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#455849 - 11/10/05 09:47 PM Reg cc and new accounts
LittleOne Offline
LittleOne
Midland, Tx
if we routinly use the new account hold on all new accounts - but we have an officer who waives this hold - is this an audit violation?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#455850 - 11/11/05 08:50 AM Re: Reg cc and new accounts
flaire Offline
100 Club
flaire
sw us
IMHO - no. You can allow benefits to the customer without being in violation. But if the bank is holding funds longer than your disclosure states, then you are in violation.

Return to Top
#455851 - 11/12/05 03:17 PM Re: Reg cc and new accounts
ThePaul Offline
Diamond Poster
ThePaul
Dallas, TX
I would agree with flaire on that.

Return to Top
#455852 - 11/12/05 03:49 PM Re: Reg cc and new accounts
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
For your disclosure to be accurate, it must reflect what you do more than 50% of the time. In that context, waiving the hold on a case by case basis is not a violation. If only one person does it routinely and he or she does it whenever requested, it might be evaluated as poor judgment, but not a violation.

Return to Top
#455853 - 11/12/05 04:18 PM Re: Reg cc and new accounts
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Quote:

is this an audit violation

It also depends on what you mean by an "audit violation". A regulatory violation - most likely not as pointed out above. However, if the officer did not follow bank policy - it still could be considered an "audit violation".

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett