Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#459132 - 11/18/05 08:21 PM Baby's Momma Support
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone paying really high child support payments that don't end up going all to your kid....or pay 100% of the cost for the kid even though you were only half of the equation. If you are paying loot to support your ex throw out the number.....for me....$500/mo. + insurance ($100) = $600/mo.

Return to Top
#459133 - 11/18/05 09:15 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
I pay all of day care which is $114/wk, it really goes straight to them but on top of that I actually have him more days per year than she does.

Return to Top
#459134 - 11/18/05 09:37 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Not me, but affect us nonetheless... my fiance pays $284 a week for his 2 kids (plus health/dental and maintains a life ins policy for them)and an extra $200 a week for his ex bride's alimony... BTW, she is living with her boyfriend in a $500k lagoon-front new house with a boat dock and a boat. I guess she feels good...

Return to Top
#459135 - 11/18/05 10:13 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
See, that's what is wrong with the system. I remember when Evander Holyfield was told to pay $19k/month for child support for 4 kids. Who the crap needs that kind of money to support kids, nobody. That's supporting the ex's lifestyle is all.

Return to Top
#459136 - 11/18/05 10:19 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Wow...I never went after my son's father for child support. I told him that if he wanted to be involved in his life, he needed to be completely involved: physically, emotionally and financially. If he chose not to exercise that option, he was free to leave unencumbered. He chose to be involved. The only financial requirement I made was that he pay my son's child care costs every other month ($270). That's it! He got off easy from the sounds of it!

Return to Top
#459137 - 11/18/05 10:30 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
too often now the mother's are money grubbers today, the support is so much the father's often have a hard time supporting themselves without a second job, when they get second jobs the mom's then get the support adjusted to their higher incomes.

Return to Top
#459138 - 11/19/05 04:01 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yup. My boyfriend gives his ex about 600/month.. used to be 300 but they upped it because their daughter was going into day care. Its been 4 months and she's still not in day care yet. And, surprisingly, the mother somehow bought a brand new SUV recently too. So I guess you could assume he's paying for her car payment. That makes me SO mad, I wish I could just beat her up sometimes. Ha ha. Ok not really, but its just not fair!!!

Return to Top
#459139 - 11/20/05 06:57 AM Re: Baby's Momma Support
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
No matter what... it's your child... and at least your child can never say... mommy or daddy never cared for me or meet my financial needs when they grow older. If you are sending the money and the other is misusing the money... shame on them... but that is your child afterall...

Also, if your dating/engaged to someone who has children from a previous relationship... you should expect that they would and should be takin care of their children.. if it's too much for you.. and you don't agree with what was stated by the courts.. maybe ya shouldn't be with that person.

I hope I don't step on anyone's toes, that is not my intentions, but if I'm dating a man.. or even married to a man who has children from a previous relationship.. you better bet that he will be payin his share to his child and I won't be complainin.

A individual that refuses to take care of his or her children... sets off a warnin in my mind... "will they be willing to take care of any more children they may add to this world."

Return to Top
#459140 - 11/20/05 02:30 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Oh, it doesn't bother me at all what he pays for the children, I just find it irritating that she can have her cake and eat it too, re: alimony and rich boyfriend. Then again, his divorce lawyer was a real loser. Buy cheap, get cheap.

Return to Top
#459141 - 11/20/05 05:32 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
I never understood these lawyers who just barely take a stand for their clients... I mean, if they didn't want to be the best in their practice... then why even go through law school and all that comes with it? Lawyers blow my mind. Had I choose to practice.. you better bet your bottom dollar I'd pour my heart and soul into winning the case and if we didn't... I surly would know that I tried my everything. But, I'd never chose to be a lawyer. Too much to deal with.
Last edited by Search_Me; 11/20/05 05:33 PM.

Return to Top
#459142 - 11/21/05 03:03 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

Oh, it doesn't bother me at all what he pays for the children, I just find it irritating that she can have her cake and eat it too, re: alimony and rich boyfriend. Then again, his divorce lawyer was a real loser. Buy cheap, get cheap.

I agree about alimony. Child support should be a given, but why should any grown adult be supported by an ex-spouse? Just because they don't make as much or have gotten used to a certain standard of living? That is an old fashioned idea from the days when women couldn't support themselves.

Even child support can be excessive. While some working-class women can't get a dime out of their good-for-nothing exs and have to work 2-3 jobs to feed their kids, how many ex-wives are getting a certain ratio of their former husband's income, even if it's far in excess of what's needed to support the kids (e.g., 25% of a million $ paycheck). In those cases, even if the % is enforced, the amount beyond what's needed for immediate support should go into a trust fund so the kids benefit, not the ex-spouse.

Return to Top
#459143 - 11/21/05 03:41 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
that's what I am talking about. Or make it so the support goes on like a prepaid debit card or something that can only be used for "support" items.

Return to Top
#459144 - 11/21/05 05:00 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
Anonymous
Unregistered

My ex makes $9/hr and on one had doesn't want this to go to court, but on the other hand she makes so little and drives a new car so I end up paying 100% of the cost for my daughter. I told her that the next dime she gets from me, she'll need a team of lawyers to pull it from my pocket. I get p'd about paying the full boat, but my daughters smile makes me forget about the money.

Return to Top
#459145 - 11/21/05 06:19 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Alimony pretty much depends on the circumstances. Did the couple have an agreement when married that she would stay home and care for the children while he worked? Yes, then her opportunities for finding work will be limited until her skill set has been improved. Alimony would be entirely appropriate while she learns a skill.

Did she work to put him thru law school or medical school only to have him dump her for some young thing the minute he had money? It's his turn to pay - alimony is definitely appropriate. I don't consider it an old-fashioned idea to earn a return on your investment.
Last edited by waldensouth; 11/21/05 06:21 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#459146 - 11/21/05 08:47 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
Three kids= $900/month and that includes reimbursement of $200/month for health insurance premiums (Don't know where they get it for that, but the program is better than mine here at the Bank).

PS: I have never nor I will ever miss a child support payment. That is not an expense to me, but an investment in their future (since I am not around all the time). (I would have rather been around, but I don't think her new husband would appreciate it.)

Return to Top
#459147 - 11/21/05 09:17 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
02bonne Offline
Platinum Poster
$300 per kid isn't bad!

Return to Top
#459148 - 11/22/05 02:32 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
La. Lady Offline
Diamond Poster
La. Lady
Quote:

$300 per kid isn't bad!

Agreed....that is what my son has to pay......plus Easter Dresses, Christmas Dresses, Halloween costumes, school clothes, shoes ...While those things are not monthly, they are still an expense that the mother doesn't have to deal with, especially since she is not getting support from the father of her second child......

Return to Top
#459149 - 11/22/05 02:54 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
Rainbow Girl Offline
Gold Star
Midtown
I pay $500.00 for 1 child.

Return to Top
#459150 - 11/23/05 09:08 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't think so either. We were able to keep it out of the courts and agreed on this amount. I just threw the info out there for comparative purposes.

Sgt. Rock

Return to Top
#459151 - 11/23/05 09:18 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know that alimony is no longer if the ex bride or groom gets remarried. And yea they base it on your income which is ridiculous.... because look at Puff daddy/P diddy/Diddy whatever name he is going by now a days... he pays a friggin lot of money each month to his baby momma..... and its a amount that none of us would ever... ever have in a liftime.... its crazy... i think it should be a basic figure.. and then if the father/mother choose to be part of the kids life then that is what makes them a good parent not the money!

Return to Top
#459152 - 11/23/05 09:33 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
it is partially based on what they were used to when the family was a unit. If they were used to spending 10g a month on the bling, then daddy needs to pay the 10g...

Return to Top
#459153 - 11/23/05 09:37 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
that's ridiculous though, what did they have before the relationship, no bling, why reward them for getting married and divorced. If they wanted that lifestyle they should have stayed married to the person providing it.

Return to Top
#459154 - 11/23/05 11:40 PM Re: Baby's Momma Support
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
My husband pays $300/mo in child support for his daughter. We pay it like clockwork. We also just dished out a $1000 for new braces and we pay for her school clothes every year. I don't have a problem with it. I love my step daughter like she was my own. The problem I do have is that we live in a different State than they do, and we only get her 2-3 months in the summertime. Well, now, her mother is trying to cut that down to 1 month in the summer. My husband is certainly not a deadbeat dad. He has a close relationship with his daughter. But for some reason, the mother wants them to spend less and less time together. That's what hurts.

Return to Top
#459155 - 12/03/05 05:01 AM Re: Baby's Momma Support
Anonymous
Unregistered

Child support sucks. Everyone should just take care of their own kids. Either that or have an abortion. That would alleviate a lot of headaches when it comes to buying crap for these little rugrats which cost a lot when I could be using that $$$ for something more worthwhile such as a yacht, clubbing, clothes, dates, etc.

Return to Top
#459156 - 12/04/05 10:05 AM Re: Baby's Momma Support
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
To alleviate your headaches of child support:

DON'T HAVE close relations with the opposite sex and you would never have to worry about having a little one too begin with...much less take care of... therefore it would allow you to then use all the $$$ on your worthwhile items such as the yacht, clubbing, clothes, dates, etc. that you mentioned.

Remember: The child did not ask to be brought into the world... two people having close relations either took the chance to bring it or planned to bring it in this world.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett