Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#459212 - 11/18/05 09:35 PM TIME TO VOTE
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
So, the Republicans in the House are going to call the bluff of the Democrats calling for an immediate withdrawal of US troops from Iraq. Here's your chance to go on record supporting this measure, BOL.

Resolved, That it is the sense of the BOL COOLER that the deployment of United States forces in Iraq be terminated immediately.
BOL Resolution #1
single choice (54 Total Votes:)
Yea - 11 (20%)
Nay - 43 (80%)
Voting on this poll ends: 11/21/05 04:59 AM

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#459213 - 11/18/05 09:36 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
I'm locked in. I disagree with pulling out.

Return to Top
#459214 - 11/18/05 09:39 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Alien Offline
Platinum Poster
Mexifornia
I have friends in the Gulf - and they tell me that this vote will be carried live on Al Jazera. They are calling it the Infidel Surrender vote.

Return to Top
#459215 - 11/18/05 09:39 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
We cannot pull out. We are there and must see it through. I am concerned though because apparently the Democratic Representative who went public with his position is considered by some to be the voice of Pentagon officers.

If some in the Pentagon are pushing for this, we have bigger problems than a political squabble.

Return to Top
#459216 - 11/18/05 09:40 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
8 to 0. That is way different than Democraps would have you believe.

Return to Top
#459217 - 11/18/05 09:42 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
good point straw. i wonder if this is true as this is news to me.

Return to Top
#459218 - 11/18/05 09:43 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
one more post to 2k ron

Return to Top
#459219 - 11/18/05 09:44 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nope - No pulling out now. We have to see it through. I didn't get my vote on, but that's where I stand.

Return to Top
#459220 - 11/18/05 09:44 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
I don't know, just something I read in a Yahoo story. I didn't even know this reps name before yesterday, so I have no information to draw on.

Return to Top
#459221 - 11/18/05 09:46 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
The poll said you already had a vote from this IP address, but I did not vote. Maybe I have a lurker in the background.

Anyways my vote is Nay.

Return to Top
#459222 - 11/18/05 09:47 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

one more post to 2k ron

Yeah, they say two thousand zero zero party over
Oops out of time
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999
Yeah

RM

Return to Top
#459223 - 11/18/05 10:02 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Alien Offline
Platinum Poster
Mexifornia
Quote:

???????????

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Return to Top
#459224 - 11/18/05 10:08 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

???????????

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Alien, is your reference to the AP story on featured on the Drudge Report? I noticed that it doesn't mention that Congressman Murtha also advocated pullout a year ago.

Anyway, what is your ?????????????

Return to Top
#459225 - 11/18/05 10:13 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
As much as I would like to see them come home I think it would cause more damage than good for them to leave now. The job is not done and we will end up doing this again in a few years if they pull out now.

Return to Top
#459226 - 11/18/05 10:28 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Anonymous
Unregistered

My ?????????????? was in ref. to RM's comments about the vote in congress being news to him.

Alien

Return to Top
#459227 - 11/18/05 10:41 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Quote:

The poll said you already had a vote from this IP address, but I did not vote. Maybe I have a lurker in the background.

Anyways my vote is Nay.

Perhaps, the fish?

Return to Top
#459228 - 11/19/05 05:12 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
The vote last night (House) showed the Democrats for the cowards and traitors they are. They tried several times to shout down Republican speakers,they objected on several occasions and when called upon to stand they hide in the corner like the cowards they are. They sit back and call the President a liar and when he responds they call it politics. They call people racist and yet slam blacks and call them "Uncle Toms and Oreos"for disagreeing with them,they call judges who disagree with them "Neanderthals". They hide in the shadows and cannot stand for something they say they believe in when called into the light. They like all criminals and terrorist hide their faces to do their dirty work. The Democrat Party in America is as dangerous as the terrorist and hide like the cowards they are when doing their dirty work.

The House last night overwhelmingly voted down a resolution calling for immediate withdrawal from Iraq, as Republicans tried to draw a line in the sand after a week's worth of back-and-forth charges over the war.
The resolution failed 403-3, with six voting present. Those voting for it were Democrats Cynthia A. McKinney of Georgia, Robert Wexler of Florida and Jose E. Serrano of New York.

Return to Top
#459229 - 11/21/05 03:22 AM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Anonymous
Unregistered

X: You claim to oppose name-calling but that's all you seem to do. Learn to argue the facts rather than just making ad hominem attacks and try to discuss the issues like an adult.

Return to Top
#459230 - 11/21/05 04:55 AM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

As much as I would like to see them come home I think it would cause more damage than good for them to leave now. The job is not done and we will end up doing this again in a few years if they pull out now.

I totally agree with you DX2, or worse... the war would end up here in our homeland, and us being attacked on a daily bases. Lord knows, I'd love to see our troops back home.. but I think we are too far in to just pull out now.

God bless our troops and their families.

Return to Top
#459231 - 11/21/05 02:52 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
What we need is not so much a timetable as clear objectives as to what needs to be achieved for us to pull out. This administration can't even give us that. Remember LBJ, Vietnam, -- look familiar? It should, because the longer we stay, the more this becomes Vietnam II. Whether we pull out now or pull out 10 years from now, Iraq is not going to be a western democracy. At best it becomes a stable Islamic theocracy, at worst an Afganistan-style terrorist state. This shouldn't be a liberal vs. conservative issue -- presidents from both parties have installed new governments in foreign countries for years in the name of protecting the U.S. -- they have all failed and made us worse off in the end.

Return to Top
#459232 - 11/21/05 02:54 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did anybody see that Murtha vote with the majority when the vote was taken?

RM (sorry, 1999 is way to funny)

Return to Top
#459233 - 11/21/05 02:57 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

What we need is not so much a timetable as clear objectives as to what needs to be achieved for us to pull out. This administration can't even give us that. Remember LBJ, Vietnam, -- look familiar? It should, because the longer we stay, the more this becomes Vietnam II. Whether we pull out now or pull out 10 years from now, Iraq is not going to be a western democracy. At best it becomes a stable Islamic theocracy, at worst an Afganistan-style terrorist state. This shouldn't be a liberal vs. conservative issue -- presidents from both parties have installed new governments in foreign countries for years in the name of protecting the U.S. -- they have all failed and made us worse off in the end.

I completely agree. When do we pull out? When the objectives are met ... but since we don't know what those objectives are then we get mired in this mess. It's OK for countries to choose forms of government other than democracy. Just because it works (supposedly) here doesn't mean it's right for every nation.

Return to Top
#459234 - 11/21/05 06:51 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
Not a Banker, Ever Offline
100 Club
Not to derail the thread, but It's hard to believe (and keep a straight face) that we live in a democracy. What might have started out as a democracy has been distorted beyond recognition as a true representative democracy-- unless you happen to have the resources to buy the results you want.

Perhaps those who don't view the U.S. through the same rose-colored glasses we do recognize that our path is not one they choose to follow. That's oversimplification, I'll admit, but it does merit consideration.

Return to Top
#459235 - 11/21/05 06:55 PM Re: TIME TO VOTE
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
we don't libe in a democracy, we live in a representative republic

Return to Top