Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#45947 - 11/27/02 03:09 PM trust department policy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone have a trust department policy that they wouldn't mind sharing? I need to update mine and finding a trust policy to go by is not easy. We have a very small trust department and do nothing fancy with the accounts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Return to Top
General Discussion
#45948 - 11/27/02 04:10 PM Re: trust department policy
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
I have a policy that I am willing to share. Because my experience in the trust area is non-existent, I have to rely on our Trust Officer. She has just reveiwed it. I can provide a copy via email, if you're willing to share your address.

Return to Top
#45949 - 11/27/02 04:10 PM Re: trust department policy
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Well, I thought that I was going to be more help to you than it turns out, but on the FDIC website they use to post (for FREE) a copy of the FDICs Trust Examination manual. In the manual it tells you what a policy should consist of, but when I went to the FDIC website to send you the link I found out that now they want $100.00 for it. OOPS! Anyway, if you are still interested, here is the the link:
web page

Return to Top
#45950 - 11/27/02 04:14 PM Re: trust department policy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for your reply. My email address is annettepigg@first-community.net

Return to Top
#45951 - 11/27/02 04:22 PM Re: trust department policy
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
They may now be charging a $100 for the manual and they may not even know that it still exists on their webserver - but here is the site:

FDIC Trust Exam Manual
Last edited by rlcarey; 11/27/02 04:27 PM.

Return to Top
#45952 - 11/27/02 04:29 PM Re: trust department policy
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
The post above now links to the table of context for the Trust Examination Manual rather than just section one.

Could I be accused of hacking the FDIC site???

Return to Top
#45953 - 11/27/02 04:34 PM Re: trust department policy
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Well, I don't think you have to worry about being accused of hacking. However, I will say this - if the FDIC is not aware this is still on their server (and my guess would be that they're not), they also will not be updating the information, so it will soon be stale.

Return to Top
#45954 - 11/27/02 07:11 PM Re: trust department policy
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Hey, how did you do that?! I feel like an utter computer geek failure! (Note: I am NOT a computer geek...obviously)

Return to Top
#45955 - 11/27/02 09:37 PM Re: trust department policy
KSK Offline
Gold Star
KSK
Kansas
Anonymous, your post did not indicate what type of institution you are with. The FDIC Trust Manual is a great resource and I do refer to it on occassion, even though we are a National Bank. Here is a link to the OCC's website that contains the Asset Management Handbook series that they have been published so far. You might also find the OTS' Trust Examination Handbook of benefit even if you are not a Thrift.

As for a Trust Policy.... There are a couple of policies that you are required by regulation to have (if OCC Regulated). There are countless other policies that you could have in addition to the required ones that can be extremely beneficial and would likely be viewed favorably by your regulator.

The Texas Bankers Association used to sell a "canned" policy manual. It is my recollection that it was fairly affordable and comprehensive. That was the basis for our Wealth Management Policy Manual many years ago. We took the "canned" policies and then customized or tailored each of them to our specific operation.

But, because there are probably a number of companies out there that sell Trust Policy Manuals and the fact that ours is based on a purchased one, I hesitate releasing it. However, I would be happy to answer specific questions that you may have.

Return to Top
#45956 - 04/03/03 04:18 PM Re: trust department policy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Karen,

I'm trying to find the FDIC's equivalent to the OCC's Reg. 9. I'm told that this reg. specifically governs bank trust depts.

I don't deal with Trust regs. so I'm not sure where to start.

Thank you for the help!

L. Garcia

Return to Top
#45957 - 04/03/03 06:25 PM Re: trust department policy
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
Go here http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/trust/index.html to order a copy of the FDIC Trust Manual. I believe it will cost you $100. It is full of valuable info.

Return to Top
#45958 - 04/04/03 04:35 PM Re: trust department policy
KSK Offline
Gold Star
KSK
Kansas
I haven't checked recently, but the FDIC manual, if ordered in hard copy will cost you $. But it was at one time available online for free.

Return to Top
#45959 - 04/04/03 09:53 PM Re: trust department policy
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
http://www.auditnet.org/docs/TrustDepartment.pdf - Don't know if this is helpful, but here's a link for Trust Dept Audit from Auditnet.org.

Return to Top