Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#461820 - 11/29/05 04:59 PM Re: Almost hate to ask this, but I am curious.....
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Very interesting to see the number of atheists out there, as well as the other religions. I think it's good to explore other religions before making belief decisions. I have always been drawn to Christianity and I have faith that I am, dare I say it, "right" about my beliefs (but then doesn't everyone? Who would believe something if they thought they were wrong?). However, I can understand how people would be curious as to other religions and beliefs. Good luck in your searches everyone. Someday I hope to see you at my Christian Church.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#461821 - 11/29/05 05:28 PM Re: Almost hate to ask this, but I am curious.....
Reed Offline
Diamond Poster
Reed
West Coast
Three men blind from birth lived in a village. They had all heard stories of the massive animal called the elephant, but they had never personally been around one. One day the circus came to town and brought an elephant with it. The three men decided to go and find out if what they had heard about the animal was true. One of the blind men reached out and touched the animals trunk, the second touched its foot, the other felt its ear. They then left and went home. When they got home their families asked them what the animal was like. The first one said "The elephant is a thick slimmy snakelike animal" The second said "no, no, that's not right! The elephant is hard as a rock, dry and solid" The third man said "no, you are wrong too, the elephant is soft and thin, like the wing of a giant butterfly"

Who was right?

Return to Top
#461822 - 11/29/05 05:33 PM Re: Almost hate to ask this, but I am curious.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Three men blind from birth lived in a village. They had all heard stories of the massive animal called the elephant, but they had never personally been around one. One day the circus came to town and brought an elephant with it. The three men decided to go and find out if what they had heard about the animal was true. One of the blind men reached out and touched the animals trunk, the second touched its foot, the other felt its ear. They then left and went home. When they got home their families asked them what the animal was like. The first one said "The elephant is a thick slimmy snakelike animal" The second said "no, no, that's not right! The elephant is hard as a rock, dry and solid" The third man said "no, you are wrong too, the elephant is soft and thin, like the wing of a giant butterfly"

Who was right?

They all agreed, however, that the elephant smelled.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3