Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#462166 - 11/28/05 08:02 PM Re: Tattoos
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

I have a lizard on my right shoulder (nicknamed 'Spike' by my girlfriend).

I have another idea, but I don't know if I actually going to do it yet - a small charicature (sp?) of me as superman (a small cartoon superman, but with my face), complete with his arms on his hips and cape flapping in the wind.

Put that in a place that only your girlfriend will see and she will always call you her "little" super hero!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#462167 - 11/28/05 08:15 PM Re: Tattoos
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

hmmm, haven't we been down this road before?

The road...

Return to Top
#462168 - 11/29/05 02:32 AM Re: Tattoos
flaire Offline
100 Club
flaire
sw us
I have three (well, nine if you count the alignment dots from my radiation treatments).

A hummingbird on my left shoulder blade. That one took six hours in one sitting and hurt more than labor. It was also nearly $100/hr.

A mandella on my right ankle that my ex-husband designed for me. That one almost cost me a job once.

And an anhk wreathed by moonflowers. I can't say where, but the artist gave me a discount!

They are horribly addictive and horribly expensive and you have to be careful what you get and where you put them. When you get older, that really cool ink job can fade and droop until it looks like Great Aunt Ruth without her teeth in!

Return to Top
#462169 - 11/29/05 02:44 PM Re: Tattoos
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have 3 a shamrock on my right ankle a celtic angle between my shoulder blades and the gaelic word for traanquility on the inside of my right wrist

Return to Top
#462170 - 11/29/05 03:31 PM Re: Tattoos
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

gaelic word for traanquility

ooh, I hope they spelled it right!!!

Return to Top
#462171 - 11/29/05 03:45 PM Re: Tattoos
Anonymous
Unregistered

oops even better- its on my left wrist- sometimes i amaze myself

Return to Top
#462172 - 11/29/05 05:33 PM Re: Tattoos
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
When I was in Mexico I got blitzed and decided to get a tatoo. I got my initials in chinese on my calf. After I sobered up a realized what I had done I knew I had made a huge mistake. For some reason while in my drunken week long stooper I had forgot that there are no letters in the chinese language. I was afraid my tatoo said something to the effect of "incontinant serial killer" or something like that. Luckily for me it I had a friend that could read chinese and she told me that it said "Big Army". I don't really know if that's a good thing but I know it's better than a lot of other things I could have been tatooed with.

Return to Top
#462173 - 11/29/05 06:14 PM Re: Tattoos
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have four small tattoos. A purple butterfly about the size of a dime on my lower back. A small teddy bear on my upper arm and a dolphin on the other arm (which I regret and am going to have removed some day) and a sunflower on my front hip. Has anyone had one successfully removed?

Return to Top
#462174 - 11/29/05 06:18 PM Re: Tattoos
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

I have four small tattoos. A purple butterfly about the size of a dime on my lower back. A small teddy bear on my upper arm and a dolphin on the other arm (which I regret and am going to have removed some day) and a sunflower on my front hip. Has anyone had one successfully removed?

Just curious, why do you regret the dolphin/teddy bear tats? Wonder if an artist could maybe change the appearance into being something else... I hear they are very, very, very expensive to have removed. Good luck.

Return to Top
#462175 - 11/29/05 06:23 PM Re: Tattoos
-A- Offline
Gold Star
-A-
the good ole south
Hi, that was me on the last post. I just registered and I forgot to log back in and it put me as anonymous on the last post. But I regret the dolphin tatoo because I got it too low on the arm and I am fair skinned and the tatoo is very bright. (I was not really in my right mind when I got it, or I would have at least picked one that was not as loud.)

Return to Top
#462176 - 11/30/05 05:25 PM Re: Tattoos
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
A red rose on my outer right ankle. Wanted one since I was 18. Finally got the nerve at 39. I immediately wanted another, but I am glad I didn't. First, because I would probably have gotten an orange and white tabby cat, and later mine died, and I would have been reminded all the time of his passing. Second, I couldn't find a good spot for another that I could see. Many runners get theirs on their shoulder blade, but then I couldn't see it. Didn't want it on my arms; I work in a conservative bank, and that wouldn't go over too well. My chest; forget about it! No one but MOML and my doctor gets THAT close. And I hear the thighs are pretty tender.

So, one will have to do me.

Return to Top
#462177 - 11/30/05 05:36 PM Re: Tattoos
Miss Chee Offline
Platinum Poster
Miss Chee
Both my upper biceps are banded all the way around (very important); one with a celtic band done Akuza-style (took forever!)

Both wrists done in UV only ink, so that they are not Ever-Lastin'-Job-Stoppers.

Both legs from the knees down are done, and I have 2 on my shoulder blades, one on lower back, and lastly one below the navel.

And I do prefer them much more to piercings, which I have had as well.

Return to Top
#462178 - 11/30/05 06:35 PM Re: Tattoos
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
I have a military unit I was a member of on my shoulder.
May add military rank chevrons below it.

Return to Top
#462179 - 11/30/05 06:59 PM Re: Tattoos
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Skunk Boy, does the lizard have his eyes shut and does he talk to you? Sorry, it just reminded me of the old Tales of Don Juan books. He had two lizards: one he let go to scout around; the other had its eyes shut, and sat on Don's shoulder, whispering to him what the scouting lizard saw.

Return to Top
#462180 - 11/30/05 07:02 PM Re: Tattoos
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
My friend tried to convince me to get an angel for the left side (use your imagination but it is north of the equator!) and a little devil for the right. Under the angel would be "Heavens No!" and underneath the little devil would be "Hell Yes!"

Return to Top
#462181 - 11/30/05 07:08 PM Re: Tattoos
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I know a bartender, whose nickname is Taz. He has a Tazmainian devil on his forearm which says, "Last call my ***!" Er, butt!

Return to Top
#462182 - 11/30/05 08:22 PM Re: Tattoos
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have an all black "tribal" butterfly on my pelvic region about 2 inches away from my hip bone, i want another one but i dont know what to get and dont know where to put it and if my family found out they would not be happy at all, well my grandparents. they say its disgusting

Return to Top
#462183 - 11/30/05 08:22 PM Re: Tattoos
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

i have an all black "tribal" butterfly on my pelvic region about 2 inches away from my hip bone, i want another one but i dont know what to get and dont know where to put it and if my family found out they would not be happy at all, well my grandparents. they say its disgusting

-nunz again, my bad guys

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2