Thread Options
#462367 - 11/28/05 06:32 PM Disclosing number of transaction on checking accou
DinkD Offline
100 Club
DinkD
Georgia
Our disclosures for student checking does not indicate that the min. of 10 checks is allowed on the checking account. The description of the type of product does indicate the limit. Is this ok? Thanks for any help.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#462368 - 11/28/05 06:49 PM Re: Disclosing number of transaction on checking accou
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Quote:

Our disclosures for student checking does not indicate that the min. of 10 checks is allowed on the checking account. The description of the type of product does indicate the limit. Is this ok? Thanks for any help.

Do you mean "maximum" of 10 checks?

The description being in the type of product may not clearly disclose that the limit is 10 checks per statement month. The bigger question is: What happens when the customer exceeds 10 checks? Is there a per-check charge? If so, you need to disclose that as well.

You could include something like: This account allows 10 paid checks per month (statement cycle). There is a $xx fee for each paid check in excess of 10 per month (statement cycle).

Return to Top
#462369 - 11/28/05 07:44 PM Re: Disclosing number of transaction on checking accou
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
I have heard of some banks offering student accounts that require a minimum (yes, you read that correctly) number of checks per month. It has something to do with mkaing sure it's the individual's principal transaction acccount.

In such an event, I believe that disclosure of "[a]ny limitations on the number or dollar amount of withdrawals or deposits" would include any minimum limit, too. [Regulation DD, Sec. 230.4(b)(5)]
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett