BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#465553 - 12/05/05 04:15 PM Reputation Risk, Plus
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
http://www.theherald.co.uk/business/51889.html

"Documents uncovered by Fair Finance Watch show that HSBC has attempted to narrow the terms of the SCRA to only those serving "in a hostile zone", rather than, as stated by the act, "during any part of the period of military service"."

"The soldier's wife added: "Household Bank told me that my husband's re-enlistment was only a 'formality' and that they are not going to honour the act or my request to have our account placed at 6%. They continue to charge us at 15.9%.""

This is why it is good to have training in place, a policy/procedure where needed and to monitor what is happening in the media. These may be one-sided views, but the reputational risk elements are growing. (The upside it it isn't a US paper with the story...yet.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#465554 - 01/15/06 07:17 PM Re: Reputation Risk, Plus
Jennifer R Offline
New Poster
Missouri
Unfortunately I can say that this is occurring. I had several issues with them when I was activated several years ago. I am still arguing with them over a period of nine months when I was extended. Hopefully, they will see the error of their ways and correct this for myself and other service members.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z