Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#465953 - 12/05/05 09:05 PM Christmas Cards?
Flower Child Offline
100 Club
Flower Child
Do you send them?

How many do you send?

Do you think you receive as many as you send?

Yes.
Around 40...
I doubt it but who is counting?

I love the tradition of sending cards but it seems like a tradition that is going by the wayside around here. What do you all think?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#465954 - 12/05/05 09:07 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
No.
None.
Easily.

Return to Top
#465955 - 12/05/05 09:08 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
juliad Offline
Gold Star
juliad
Dallas, TX
Quote:

Do you send them?

How many do you send?

Do you think you receive as many as you send?

Yes
30ish
No way, but I still like to send them. I need to get started if I'm going to get any out this year!

Return to Top
#465956 - 12/05/05 09:10 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
Pirate Offline
Diamond Poster
Pirate
Florida
Sometimes I'll get one by accident. I appreciate the thought and try to send a card in response just because regardless of the meaning, they thought of me.

Return to Top
#465957 - 12/05/05 09:17 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I send about 125 and usually get about 75 back.

Return to Top
#465958 - 12/05/05 09:38 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just finished mine--sending about 35 this year. The number has slowly dwindled year by year since I got married 14 years ago. If I send a card to someone and do not receive one back (with a few exceptions, such as elderly relatives), then that person is off the list for the next year. Many of the people who aren't on the list anymore are my husband's relatives (most I do not even know) and he will not help write the cards, so I don't feel too bad about it.

Return to Top
#465959 - 12/05/05 09:53 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I usually just send about 10 to my friends that live out of state. It doesn't bother me if I don't get one back. I just want them to know I was thinking of them.

Return to Top
#465960 - 12/05/05 10:23 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
1. Yes
2. About 75
3. Not even close

I agree with you - that it is a tradition that people are letting die. My own mother is not sending cards this year because stamps are too expensive. It is sort of a shame, but I guess there are plenty of other Christmas traditions.

Return to Top
#465961 - 12/05/05 11:14 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
We always send Christmas cards, probably around 40 or so. Are they done yet???? No way. Are they even started????? No way. They are out on the desk in the computer room but that's as far as we have gotten. Harder this year with my husbands company closing at the end of the year, hard to get "in the spirit". But - the tree is up, the rest of the house is decorated so this week we'll get the cards out. We get about as many as we send, they are all fun to read. I really like getting news on kids and grandkids, even better when there are picture included

Return to Top
#465962 - 12/06/05 05:32 AM Re: Christmas Cards?
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Yes.

Varies, of course my family and friends, and last year I started sending to some of my elderly customers... it's funny how a simple card letting someone know you are thinking of them can brighten their days. So many times our "elderly" people are overlooked and often forgotten about during the holiday seasons.

I really don't count... I enjoy getting them and catching up on news like Corkygirl has already stated.

Plus I find that I do a lot of "virtual" Christmas cards online.... so thankful for the internet access to keep in contact with my friends who are living on the other side of the world.

Return to Top
#465963 - 12/06/05 12:53 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Yes, 50, yes.

Return to Top
#465964 - 12/06/05 01:28 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
Passing storm Offline
100 Club
Here and Now
I have a couple of friends and relatives that produce a newsletter formatted christmas card each year. They add digital pictures of the family and give a blurb about the highlights of the past year. I think it gives the card a nice personal touch.

Return to Top
#465965 - 12/06/05 02:44 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Yes.
100 (or so)
I think so. 35 of them are to a Liver Transplant support group and we all exchange so I know I'm sure to get at least 35 every year. I have all the labels set up in excel and just do a mail merge. My mom is one of 12 kids and we all exchange cards too.

And now I even write one of those family newsletters that I used to complain about everyone else writing!

Return to Top
#465966 - 12/06/05 02:48 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
I used to send 40-50 each year. Got lazy and started just sending cards back to those who sent to me. If I had email addresses for everyone on the list I would do a Christmas eCard. Just takes too much time with the shopping, decorating, wrapping, etc.

Return to Top
#465967 - 12/06/05 03:39 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
Yes
About 40-50
Yes, over the past 10 years I have gotten the list fine tuned and almost everyone that we send to sends one back to us.

Return to Top
#465968 - 12/06/05 04:15 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I stopped sending Christmas cards about five years ago, except to my immediate family. It just got completely out of control. Especially when I realized I was sending cards to people that I didn't even really remember! I don't have to mess with the cards, the lists, the stamps - which can really add up to some serious change! I no longer have to deal with the dreaded brag-letters or the generic computer generated letters that are oh, so personal. I don't miss them at all - one less headache I have to deal with at this time of year.

Signed,
Suzy

Return to Top
#465969 - 12/07/05 06:02 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Yes.
About 100.

Each year, I review my list. If there are people I just send Christmas cards to, and don't have any other contact with throughout the year, they come off the list next year. It is just getting too expensive to send to people with whom I have lost touch. People change, relationships and friendships change. And my budget gets tighter and tighter.

Return to Top
#465970 - 12/07/05 07:03 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
blonde banker Offline
New Poster
fins to the left, fins to the ...
Yes
20+
No, but I no longer send the traditional card. We now take a family picture, have it turned into a card and send them out. For our far away family, they get a current picture of us and no one really cared what the card said. But all these people I keep in contact with year round.

Return to Top
#465971 - 12/07/05 07:13 PM Re: Christmas Cards?
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
yes
yes-they are to friends that don't live near by. This year it's a pic of the kids, so no one will yell at me for forgetting to put a pic in the card.

Return to Top