Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#468184 - 12/09/05 11:10 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
SD, just a note, I was with old friends in the spring that were moving back to MI from Fla. They went on and on how much that hated Florida, the heat and the crowds. They moved up to Traverse City (which I thought was totally crazy because of the snow, my family has a cabin in Northern MI where I spent alot of winters and they always came with us). They couldn't wait to ski, snowmobile, hunt, hike, etc as we did as teenagers. Well now they are saying, too much snow, too cold and too many tourists. Now they are looking to move out of Traverse. I think once you hit around 50 you just need warmth (at least my husband and I do). I'll agree it can be very beautiful out of the city in the winter, but one does get cabin fever after a while.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#468185 - 12/12/05 04:14 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
My husband and I visited Traverse City this past summer! The view of the big bay is incredible!
I hear all the time when we get older we will not want to live up there, but I really think we will. We met the sweetest older couple in Presque Isle, WI. They were riding a two-up and said they just "ride around" and enjoy the scenery. I can see me and my husband being like that.

I can believe if you don't ski, snowmobile, snow shoe, etc, you would get sick of the snow and I imagine the spring is just awful (with all the melting), but I can't imagine how great it would be to walk out my door, hop on my sled and hit the trails instead of driving 6 hours or more to get to snow!

Everybody likes something different and I hope you get to your place in the sun sometime. In the meantime, I will keep praying for snow!:)

Return to Top
#468186 - 12/13/05 02:36 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Vee Offline
100 Club
Vee
North Alabama
I want some too!!! No snow here.....

Return to Top
#468187 - 12/13/05 05:51 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Well head on up to SE MI. Light dusting so far today with 4 - 6 inches expected by tomorrow morning. That will be added to the 6 inches already on the ground. In some of the shopping centers the snow has been plowed to around 7 feet high. It's going to take a long, long time for those piles to melt if this cold weather keeps up. January thaw, please come early!

Return to Top
#468188 - 12/13/05 08:08 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Same snow expected in the Chicago area starting tonight!!! Had snow again on Saturday, the "dusting" they said we were going to have turned into more than an inch. Did you see the snow in Pittsburgh for the Steeler/Bears games????? Glad we decided to stay home

Return to Top
#468189 - 12/14/05 03:09 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
yep in Dallas we are expected to have some a couple days in a row but it was just like 55 degrees yesterday!! wacky texas whether!!

Return to Top
#468190 - 12/14/05 03:10 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
sorry guys i'm a little sleepy *weather*

Return to Top
#468191 - 12/14/05 03:44 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
We received about 3-4 inches overnight. The roads were nasty this morning. It is still snowing lightly. I am hoping the snowmobile trails open soon....vrrrooooooommm!!!

Return to Top
#468192 - 12/14/05 03:48 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
i have never been my parents have they said its deangerous, well can be at times anyway snowq i would love to go, i just hope it snows and not ices

Return to Top
#468193 - 12/15/05 05:52 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
We are getting dumped on. I just came in (noon) and shoveled about 4 inches since about 7:00 this morning. Really coming down hard. Heavy and wet, I couldn't even finish shoveling. Just made a path for the poor mailperson and cleared the steps. They say 9 inches before it's done. The kids are in school since it wasn't bad in the morning. I'm going to have to venture out again to pick kids up and it will be really bad, the plows are no where to be seen. I went out at about 11:00 and by the time I finished shopping 11:45 the roadss were horrible. I could cross country around my neighborhood and I'm not in the country or far out burbs!

Return to Top
#468194 - 12/15/05 05:54 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Sounds like you are getting what we had yesterday, so you must be east of Wisconsin. We got 7-8 inches over 8 hours. It took me twice as long to get home. When I pulled in the driveway, MOML was just coming out to look for me. He was sure I was in a ditch!

Return to Top
#468195 - 12/15/05 05:55 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Raiderette Offline
Diamond Poster
Raiderette
New Mexico
Would you like to send some of that my way? We got like a mm of snow, and that's it. There seems to be no snow in the forecast anytime soon.

Return to Top
#468196 - 12/15/05 06:02 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Yes Nanwa, east of Wisc and beginning to feel somewhere near the North Pole!

Return to Top
#468197 - 12/15/05 06:06 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
02bonne Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

Sounds like you are getting what we had yesterday, so you must be east of Wisconsin. We got 7-8 inches over 8 hours. It took me twice as long to get home. When I pulled in the driveway, MOML was just coming out to look for me. He was sure I was in a ditch!

In Milwaukee, it was supposed to snow 4-6 inches yesterday, but it ended up snowing about 2 and raining the rest of the time. I ended up shoveling slush and ensuring a bad back when I get old.

Return to Top
#468198 - 12/15/05 06:23 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Ohio is getting hit by some - we have freezing rain, sleet and snow mixing - now the drive in to work this morning was not bad at all- the roads were snowy but I didn't have any problems- but my daughers' school closed along with a couple other ones- I think they were anticipating more freezing rain and the back roads of course- at least its not SO COLD out right now. I was going to take mom shopping after work today but they have the advisory out for later so we are going to go tomorrow afternoon instead.
I can't wait to leave work and get the heck home! Hey, what's a little winter wonderland I guess.

Return to Top
#468199 - 12/16/05 04:11 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
We got two more inches of wet, snowman making snow. So, I went out to make a snowman to cheer me up. Then went in the house to get him a hat and some veggies for his face. I had a carrot for the nose, but...nothing for the eyes and/or mouth. So, I took the only other vegetable we had in the fridge - beets. Never use beets on a snowman! He's pink all over! Looks like he's bleeding or something! I tried to cover up the pink with fresh snow, but I know, whenever the day gets warm enough to melt him some, he's gonna be pink!

Return to Top
#468200 - 12/16/05 04:21 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Hee hee! Nanwa - one day you will look back at this very sad and tragic day and a smile will be brought to your face by the memory of your pink snowman!

Return to Top
#468201 - 12/16/05 05:17 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Nanwa your snow is again heading here. Just looked out and it is snowing again. They say at least another inch on top of yesterdays 6 inches which is ontop of the 6 inches last week. And you are right it is a wet snow, really hard to shovel.

Return to Top
#468202 - 12/16/05 06:04 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
And guess what you'll get tommorrow? More snow! I wish it would stop already!

Return to Top
#468203 - 12/16/05 06:20 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Woke up to "light" snow again today, enough to make my little yellow VW bug slip and slide on the way to work. Now getting cold again. Oh well, at least it will be at "White Christmas" this year!!!

Return to Top
#468204 - 12/16/05 06:27 PM Re: SNOW-SNOW-SNOW-SNOW
Edr55 Offline
Gold Star
Edr55
Everyone needs to read the Montana/Dakota Blizzard thread when they get a second. Pretty entertaining!!!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2