BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#46927 - 12/04/02 09:02 PM 2002 Compliance Update Phone Seminar
Rick Tryon Offline
100 Club
Rick Tryon
Clinton IN, USA
I wanted to clarify something that I thought I heard in the telephone seminar that was put on by Pegasus and hosted by IBA last Monday. I thought Jack Holzknecht said that examiners were looking for lender ID #'s on Flood Hazard Determination forms. I'm pretty sure he said this was a hot button right now. Did anyone else here that or was I a little sleepy?

Return to Top
#46928 - 12/04/02 10:07 PM Re: 2002 Compliance Update Phone Seminar
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Rick, I didn't participate in this, but I have heard nothing on it. When you say Lender ID, are you talking about the Lender's Fed ID or the Lender's ID # with the vendor?

Return to Top
#46929 - 12/05/02 12:24 AM Re: 2002 Compliance Update Phone Seminar
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I have heard this is true directly from our FDIC compliance examiner at a seminar she participated in for our compliance staff. They are finding many flood vendors are leaving off the Lender ID# (which is your FDIC Certificate number) from the determination form.

Return to Top
#46930 - 12/05/02 12:40 PM Re: 2002 Compliance Update Phone Seminar
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
At my previous employer we were written up for not having them. It's such a minor issue that many banks overlook it. It's supposed to be so FEMA can track, by bank, property in flood prone areas - or something like that.

Return to Top
#46931 - 12/12/02 07:53 PM Re: 2002 Compliance Update Phone Seminar
Rick Tryon Offline
100 Club
Rick Tryon
Clinton IN, USA
Folks- Thanks for the responses. I forgot to scroll down and see if there were any new posts in this forum! It looks like our flood vendor has been leaving the Lender ID. No. (box #3) blank on all of our determinations. The good news is they are now using the updated SFHD form!

Return to Top