Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#47041 - 12/05/02 04:42 PM CRA - Check Credit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is a Check Credit reportable under CRA as a consumer unsecured loan?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#47042 - 12/05/02 05:16 PM Re: CRA - Check Credit
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT Offline
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
Please include some detail as no one here can read minds. At least I don't think they can - perhaps Andy, but that's it.

Return to Top
#47043 - 12/05/02 05:39 PM Re: CRA - Check Credit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do not know what type of product "Check Credit" would be (overdraft protection LOC??), but remember, at least for Large Banks, it is not mandatory that you report consumer loans. It is an institution's option. If consumer loans are a substantial majority of your outstanding, then your regulators will choose to evaluate them at your exam. But it is not mandatory that you report them.

Return to Top
#47044 - 12/05/02 05:41 PM Re: CRA - Check Credit
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I was looking for a hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar on Funk & Waggonals porch. Looking thru the envelope the question may be is a check (NSF balances), CRA reportable as unsecured loans? But this is a guess. And as to the answer, I'd guess no.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#47045 - 12/05/02 07:06 PM Re: CRA - Check Credit
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL Andy, (love the hat by the way) I read it as pulling a credit report...then as one of those lovely high interest checks you get in the mail....then gave up confused. If it's number 2, yes it's reportable if you report CRA consumer loans. (And if it is number 2, I wouldn't highlight it to the government as those aren't normally viewed in a favorable light). If it's overdraft protection as Andy said, nope, not reportable. If a "credit check" is something else, do share Mr or Ms Anonymous. We can always use some new product education in here

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#47046 - 12/05/02 07:11 PM Re: CRA - Check Credit
BankerMama Offline
Diamond Poster
BankerMama
Andy, where did you get that crown!

Return to Top
#47047 - 12/06/02 03:25 PM Re: CRA - Check Credit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, I am new at this. Our Check Credit is a line of avaiable credit for people who overdraw their checking account. They interest is accrued on the funds they have "borrowed" until they make a deposit. Once new funds are deposited the line is paid (as much as possible) and interest is also paid for the money "lent." This is not an overdraft priviledge account.

Thanks for the help!

Return to Top
#47048 - 12/06/02 03:32 PM Re: CRA - Check Credit
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
There is another thread discussing business overdrafts, less formal than a line of credit you discuss here, whereby small business credit was gained for CRA.

You have an open end product accessed with checks. It should count if I understand you correctly.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#47049 - 12/06/02 05:22 PM Re: CRA - Check Credit
Anonymous
Unregistered

You should read the definition of "consumer loan" in Reg BB - CRA. I think your product is a consumer loan under the CRA.

Return to Top
#47050 - 12/06/02 09:20 PM Re: CRA - Check Credit
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Key has this product. It is counted under their consumer CRA numbers.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top