Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#472001 - 12/18/05 08:38 PM paper vs no paper documents
hats Offline
texas
we currently get paper printouts of our work each day of all
work processed the night before, given along with our checks, g/l tickets, etc.
We are trying to reduce this as we have a lot of paper shredding which is time consuming yet keep paper items for a while to aid in research, documents work completed, etc.
I'd like some ideas by others that they've found worked and any ideas that might help. We're so used to having everything on paper and ready to work that I know we will have to learn how to go at this differently.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#472002 - 12/19/05 01:17 PM Re: paper vs no paper documents
Passing storm Offline
100 Club
Here and Now
We use a imaging system (Synergy). All of our reports, checks and documents are stored there and are easily accessable.

Return to Top
#472003 - 12/19/05 06:38 PM Re: paper vs no paper documents
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
In addition to optical storage, we also have the ability to send specified reports to a view queue so that we can view them on the system if we need them. This works well for reports such as GL and teller reports for a branch office. They only need to see them if they are out of balance.

Return to Top
#472004 - 12/19/05 08:08 PM Re: paper vs no paper documents
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Quote:

We use a imaging system (Synergy). All of our reports, checks and documents are stored there and are easily accessable.

How do you like your imaging system? I asked because they are one of the ones we are looking at for loan documentation.

Return to Top
#472005 - 12/19/05 09:31 PM Re: paper vs no paper documents
SavannahOne Offline
Diamond Poster
Georgia
Our company uses Synergy as well (and we are pleased with them), but we use LQAS (by Applied Micro Technology) for loan documentation.

Return to Top
#472006 - 12/20/05 07:47 PM Re: paper vs no paper documents
Passing storm Offline
100 Club
Here and Now
We like Synergy. Documents, checks and reports are easily accessible. We are starting to use the doc-audit and work flow functions and that seems to be working out nicely as well.

Return to Top
#472007 - 12/22/05 12:19 AM Re: paper vs no paper documents
INeedtoknow Offline
West Coast USA
I'm sort of technically challenged... so I don't know all the details, but we are an ITI Bank and all of our reports are imaged on "Premier Director". We have been using the system for more than a year and it works wonderfully. I no longer have stacks and stacks of printouts that build up on my desk and all reports are accessible with a few keystrokes. Daily I log on to my personal report directory in Premier Director and all the reports are there. After I review, I electronically initial using a sticky note (sort of like a paper post it note) and add comments if appropriate. Another great feature is that you can print reports to pdf format and e-mail or save them to a disk. I can't imagine going back to a paper system now. Auditors and regulators love it and so do I!

Return to Top