BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#475023 - 12/27/05 03:53 PM Best Gift
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
What was the best gift you got this Holiday Season?

I had two. First, my parents took the picture of my cats that I sent in my Christmas cards and had it photo transferred onto a t-shirt for me.

The other one wasn't a gift, but a pure Christmas miracle. I had a cat when I lived at home, Woody, and we were the best of friends. When I moved out I wasn't able to take him and I left him with my parents. This was about 10 years ago and he hasn't been in the same room with me since I moved out (cats can hold a grudge). On Christmas Eve he wandered into the living room and let me pet him. I almost cried I was so happy.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#475024 - 12/27/05 03:56 PM Re: Best Gift
doodle Offline
Platinum Poster
doodle
colorado
The best gift I got was a laptop from my parents. I really want to go back to school and now I don't have any more excuses.

Return to Top
#475025 - 12/27/05 03:59 PM Re: Best Gift
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

The best gift I got was a laptop from my parents. I really want to go back to school and now I don't have any more excuses.

Would your parents like to adopt a 37 year-old kid from Ohio who still doesn't have her PhD?

Return to Top
#475026 - 12/27/05 04:02 PM Re: Best Gift
Anonymous
Unregistered

My best gift was Jack@55 season 1.

Return to Top
#475027 - 12/27/05 04:04 PM Re: Best Gift
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
I got a black gui for Karate, finally! Pre-menopausal women should never be forced to wear white pants, especially during rigorous exercise.

Return to Top
#475028 - 12/27/05 04:07 PM Re: Best Gift
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

I got a black gui for Karate, finally! Pre-menopausal women should never be forced to wear white pants, especially during rigorous exercise.

I'll keep this in mind.

Return to Top
#475029 - 12/27/05 04:13 PM Re: Best Gift
Anonymous
Unregistered

....was the one I bought yesterday with Christmas money I received....a Palm Treo 650. It's really a neat new toy!

Return to Top
#475030 - 12/27/05 04:14 PM Re: Best Gift
Happy Birthday #12 Offline
Diamond Poster
My husband bought me a new driver (golf club!) that I've had my eye on for a while. Actually I knew I was getting this, because he didn't try to disguise it when he wrapped it (and my 3 year old told me that's what he bought me!)

Return to Top
#475031 - 12/27/05 04:15 PM Re: Best Gift
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

My husband bought me a new driver (golf club!) that I've had my eye on for a while. Actually I knew I was getting this, because he didn't try to disguise it when he wrapped it (and my 3 year old told me that's what he bought me!)

Gotta love those 3 year-olds. They can never keep a secret.

Return to Top
#475032 - 12/27/05 04:19 PM Re: Best Gift
Happy Birthday #12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Actually he told me they bought me golf balls, and when my husband told him to be quiet, he said, "What? I didn't tell her about the golf club!" Of course I was still sitting right next to him!

Return to Top
#475033 - 12/27/05 04:24 PM Re: Best Gift
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
LOL, MLee.

I received my brandy-new Cuisinart! Yeah!

Return to Top
#475034 - 12/27/05 04:28 PM Re: Best Gift
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Satellite Radio and gas logs for the fireplace to replace the very old gas stove that is in it now.

Return to Top
#475035 - 12/27/05 04:37 PM Re: Best Gift
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Satellite Radio and gas logs for the fireplace to replace the very old gas stove that is in it now.

What kind did you get? I bought myself a Sirius and I love it.

Return to Top
#475036 - 12/27/05 04:41 PM Re: Best Gift
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Ditto on the Sirius brand. He got me the one for my car, and now I just need the home kit. If I want to bring it to work, what do I need to do that? Do I just need the adapter to plug it in, and will it play through a cheap non-satellite radio type "boom box" ?
Last edited by deppfan; 12/27/05 04:54 PM.

Return to Top
#475037 - 12/27/05 04:54 PM Re: Best Gift
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
uuumm macaroon squares and a throw blanket my aunt made me its big and soft and on 1 side it's all black and on the other side it's leopard, my fav i love leopard and black and pink and all other girlie things oh and my mom made me some texas trash

--------------------

Return to Top
#475038 - 12/27/05 05:09 PM Re: Best Gift
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got a luggage set (for my cruise in May) and my daughter bought my PJ's. They are too big, but I would never tell her that. I just put them on and sinch them up.

Return to Top
#475039 - 12/27/05 05:10 PM Re: Best Gift
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Quote:

I got a luggage set (for my cruise in May) and my daughter bought my PJ's. They are too big, but I would never tell her that. I just put them on and sinch them up.

Oops I wasn't signed in.

Return to Top
#475040 - 12/27/05 05:14 PM Re: Best Gift
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
My two youngest sons got some great board games- I particularly enjoyed playing Risk- Star Wars Clone Wars Edition.

My daughters all got some new bedroom furniture for me to put together. And my youngest daughter got a ton of modeling clay and some project books- so that will give us plenty to do for awhile.

My oldest son got an mp3 player, so I had an afternoon of installing software and ripping cd's (at least until he was comfortable with how the program worked- then he did the rest himself).

As for gifts that were actually intended for me....
I am very much enjoying my new suede Eagles jacket.

Return to Top
#475041 - 12/27/05 05:18 PM Re: Best Gift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

My two youngest sons got some great board games- I particularly enjoyed playing Risk- Star Wars Clone Wars Edition.

My daughters all got some new bedroom furniture for me to put together. And my youngest daughter got a ton of modeling clay and some project books- so that will give us plenty to do for awhile.

My oldest son got an mp3 player, so I had an afternoon of installing software and ripping cd's (at least until he was comfortable with how the program worked- then he did the rest himself).

Let me guess Jac, you are catholic?

Return to Top
#475042 - 12/27/05 05:34 PM Re: Best Gift
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Ditto on the Sirius brand. He got me the one for my car, and now I just need the home kit. If I want to bring it to work, what do I need to do that? Do I just need the adapter to plug it in, and will it play through a cheap non-satellite radio type "boom box" ?

I spent $50.00 on the home kit and get terrible reception in my house. I don't have a window in my office so I don't get any reception in here. It's great in the car, though.

Return to Top
#475043 - 12/27/05 05:37 PM Re: Best Gift
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Quote:

I spent $50.00 on the home kit and get terrible reception in my house. I don't have a window in my office so I don't get any reception in here. It's great in the car, though.

Great....my office is like a cave, so I probably won't have much luck either. That's one of the reasons I really wanted the Satellite radio.... Guess I didn't think it through.

Return to Top
#475044 - 12/27/05 05:43 PM Re: Best Gift
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

Quote:

Let me guess Jac, you are catholic?

wtf......what is that supposed to mean? oh well Whatever

Return to Top
#475045 - 12/27/05 05:44 PM Re: Best Gift
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great....my office is like a cave, so I probably won't have much luck either. That's one of the reasons I really wanted the Satellite radio.... Guess I didn't think it through.

I didn't realize how hard it would be to get reception indoors. I just assumed the atenna would pick up through walls like it does for regular radio. Maybe others have no problem, but I am not having any luck indoors.

Return to Top
#475046 - 12/27/05 06:03 PM Re: Best Gift
steven1950 Offline
Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
My wife and I got a brand new grandaughter - Isabel Marie - born on 12/23. Born early so she's only 5 lbs 2 oz. Very healthy and very beautiful, just like her grandma. She's coming home from the hospital today. HOORAY!!!

Return to Top
#475047 - 12/27/05 06:08 PM Re: Best Gift
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

My wife and I got a brand new grandaughter - Isabel Marie - born on 12/23. Born early so she's only 5 lbs 2 oz. Very healthy and very beautiful, just like her grandma. She's coming home from the hospital today. HOORAY!!!

Congrats grandpa... Babies are so sweet... especially when they are newborns...

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2