Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#479106 - 01/06/06 02:47 PM Sale of Florida R.E.
Meritage Offline
I have inherited a condominium in Pompano Beach and intend to sell it. A person presently living in the building wants to purchase my unit, so I don't have a realtor to guide me through the process. I would like to know what the "normal" cost/fees are for both buyer and seller in Florida. As an example, in Ohio, real estate taxes are always a year behind. Taxes paid in 2006 are for 2005. When a property is sold, the 2006 taxes (though not due and payable)are pro-rated up to the date the title transfers. There is also a county transfer tax that is normally paid by the seller. These are the types of things that I need to know.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
#479107 - 01/06/06 04:43 PM Re: Sale of Florida R.E.
Rosebud123 Offline
Platinum Poster
Florida
This may not be the answer you are looking for, but I greatly recommend getting yourself a real estate attorney in Florida to represent you. And we have the same scenario with taxes here. The buyer gets a credit for the taxes up until the closing date.

Return to Top
#479108 - 01/09/06 03:34 PM Re: Sale of Florida R.E.
Suwannee Offline
Platinum Poster
Suwannee
Florida
When I sold my home in Florida, I "interviewed" several realtors. Each one gave me an estimate of my costs based on the sales price. I did select "Assist2Sell" in Florida, because they are very big and the commission was $2995. We had a signed purchase agreement in 3 weeks. They worked hard and did a fine job. We even sold the home for more than the asking price. The cost estimate my agent gave me was right on target.

Taxes in Florida are due in December for the prior 12 months.

Good luck.

Return to Top
#479109 - 02/09/06 09:15 PM Re: Sale of Florida R.E.
Meritage Offline
I did the "smart" thing and took BSAhazMe Crazy's advice, hired a good R.E. attorney in Florida. I was hoping to save a few bucks, but realized this wasn't the time to be cheap.

Return to Top