Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#47921 - 12/10/02 06:28 PM FCA - NSF
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I am looking to see if the cost of processing an NSF item has been recently calculated and what that amount may be.

The FRBs used to do a Functional Cost Analysis that I found helpful for other things. It had costs computed by region and bank size for many products/services. An old copy I have does not have this number in it so I am not sure it is worth looking for a new copy. I'm not certain these are even produced any more.

Has anyone seen any numbers as to what an NSF might cost a bank?
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
General Discussion
#47922 - 12/10/02 06:55 PM Re: FCA - NSF
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
My understanding is that they do not produce these any more. Anyone else got an idea?

Return to Top
#47923 - 12/10/02 07:33 PM Re: FCA - NSF
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT Offline
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
Here's the FRB notice:

FCA Program Discontinued

The Federal Reserve System will discontinue the Functional Cost and Profit Analysis (FCA) program after processing the current (1999) data.

In recent years, the Federal Reserve invested resources in FCA to update the analysis and make the reports more responsive to the changing needs of participants. Despite these efforts, the level of interest in the program was not sufficient to justify its continuation.

Although we regret that we must discontinue the FCA program, we anticipate the private sector will provide alternative services. (looks like that don't happen!)

Return to Top
#47924 - 12/11/02 02:42 PM Re: FCA - NSF
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
About ten years ago I did an analysis and found the cost to be about $15. If you need specifics, call me (214) 692-1717 (ext 5808) and I'll give you the components I used at the time.

Return to Top