Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Thread Options
#483998 - 04/25/06 03:02 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who the heck is that whimpy guy on the phone? He seems to be running the show and telling the president what to do?

Do I see a Haliburton link up in the future? Big corporations owning the presidency?

Interesting.

Alien.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#483999 - 04/25/06 03:45 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Dlynn58 Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
I'm wondering the same. Who is the whole group? Do you think the Senator is really dead??

Return to Top
#484000 - 04/25/06 03:52 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

I'm wondering the same. Who is the whole group? Do you think the Senator is really dead??

I believe you meant the SecDef. They left that ambiguous exactly so Henderson could play his mind game with Audrey. Damn, he's good. Also it gives the writers an out for a happy ending.

So, now President Wussbag is not only evil, he's an evil pawn of evil masterminds. One thing that bugs me about this show is that the bad guys are rarely just hacked off about something and seeking their unholy vengeance. No, inevitably there are at least two levels of BADDER guys above them, pulling the strings. And they almost always turn out to be Rich White Guys who are manipulating the villainous events in the name of corporate profit or political power.

Glad to see the implication is that Aaron is still alive. Martha to the rescue! And it's good to see that Curtis is still around and immediately signing up for the Shadow CTU.

Return to Top
#484001 - 04/25/06 03:59 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Dlynn58 Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Yes, I did mean the SecDef. I am glad to see Aaron is still alive also.Things just keep getting more complicated! Until next week.....

Return to Top
#484002 - 04/25/06 04:20 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
hockeydude42 Offline
hockeydude42
The rink.
Was glad to see the SecDef take one for the team (or so it would appear) after messing everything up.

Does anyone know where Pres. Palmer's brother ran off to? Wasn't he with Buchanan last we saw him?

LOL @ two levels of badder guys. This season:
Low level russian terrorists
High level russian terrorists
Spys
Former CTU directors
US gov't officials
US President
Super secret mystery group???

Did I miss anyone?

Return to Top
#484003 - 04/25/06 08:01 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Yep, it was pretty lame with Jack walking w/2 suitcases onto the baggage area of the plane with not one of the many people around the plane seeing him.

The bald headed guy running "the group" was the actor who played a Dr. on ER, the one who got his arm severed by a helicopter in one episode. He acts convincingly to where you dislike him a lot! It will be interesting to see where that plane is headed, and who makes up the passenger list as Chloe will get that info for Jack.

Return to Top
#484004 - 04/25/06 09:41 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Anonymous
Unregistered

What makes you think Aaron is still alive? He didn't make an appearance last night. The prez is the only one to say he's alive.

Return to Top
#484005 - 04/26/06 02:30 AM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
I agree skunk...I didn't understand the point of the bags either. To tell you the truth...that whole scene was a little weak to me. I thought they would have been alot more secure with that area. They didn't check the top of the tanker and he just walked right on the plane. I do agree with you about Curtis too though. He's awesome.

Return to Top
#484006 - 04/26/06 12:54 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Big Dog Offline
Power Poster
Big Dog
Kennel
Maybe Jack was just being cautious. If he was spotted, then someone going in with suitcases could be overlooked as another worker loading some last min. stuff.

Also, there may have been some stuff cut that would relate to the suitcases, or maybe.......The suitcases contain the body of Aaron and they were going to put them on another plane and Jack just.....nah, too far fetched, even for 24.

Return to Top
#484007 - 04/26/06 05:01 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
hockeydude42 Offline
hockeydude42
The rink.
I wonder what the heck the Brits have to do with all of this? I dont remember them being mentioned at all this season!

Nice to see the Homeland Sec director finally figure out that everything wasn't adding up, and give the heads up for Chloe to move on out from Buchannan's place.

Return to Top
#484008 - 04/26/06 05:08 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
I wonder where Chloe (& Buchanan) will go and hide now? Also, where will Curtis take Audrey?

Return to Top
#484009 - 04/26/06 05:32 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Curtis was taking Audrey back to CTU for medical attention, and bringing back Henderson for questioning.

Wayne Palmer?! That is a good point - what happened to him???

I can see Buchannan staying put, and Chloe hiding somewhere.

Return to Top
#484010 - 04/27/06 01:16 AM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
Yeah me too.

Return to Top
#484011 - 04/27/06 04:21 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
I still have to believe that somehow the troika of Mike Novick/Martha Logan/Aaron Pierce will be involved in a takedown of President Wussbag. Pierce has become too popular a character to have an offscreen death.

On the other hand, only Jack and Chloe are guaranteed to survive, although I surmise we'll see at least Buchanan next season as well.

Return to Top
#484012 - 05/02/06 03:30 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Dlynn58 Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Was it just me, or was last night's episode a little boring?? Do we know who the guys pulling the wimpy President's strings are yet? Chloe has turned out to be one of my favorite characters. I loved it when she zapped the drunk.

Return to Top
#484013 - 05/02/06 03:41 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
I guess I'm too much of a fan to find it boring. I liked it and they are keeping us guessing. Next week we'll find out if the plane escapes being shot down (on orders of Prez Wussbag). Somehow, Jack will escape I think, but whether he keeps control of the tape implicating the Prez remains to be seen. You are correct that we still don't know who the "group" controlling the Prez is yet.

Return to Top
#484014 - 05/02/06 03:57 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Big Dog Offline
Power Poster
Big Dog
Kennel
It was unusual since it was a no bodybag episode. And why would Jack try to get the pilot's cooperation by identifying himself as a federal agent, then continue the "terrorist" like control of the plane.

Wasn't the best episode, but not bad.

Next week should be good.

Return to Top
#484015 - 05/02/06 04:06 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
hockeydude42 Offline
hockeydude42
The rink.
Last night's highlight was Chloe tazing the drunk for sure! I'm glad to see they've given her a little more this season than just sitting at her desk making the 'Chloe face'.

But yea, last night was one of the setup episodes that got us all ready for the next couple, and end of the season. Not really boring, just that not much happened.

Return to Top
#484016 - 05/02/06 04:08 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
I think the SECOND tazer was the best.

I also agree, big setup episode. Only three hours left.

Return to Top
#484017 - 05/02/06 04:15 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Storm\'s Mom Offline
New Jersey
I thought the Chloe zap was the best, and yes she has been playing a big part lately!! So what do you think about the Prez (Wus) wife? As the last few hours approach it should get better and better! I heard that Jack signed on for 3 more seasons? Well I have to admit Monday night is good TV night! Between "Prison Break" and "24" it's exciting!

Return to Top
#484018 - 05/02/06 04:54 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Alien Offline
Platinum Poster
Mexifornia
Quote:

I guess I'm too much of a fan to find it boring. I liked it and they are keeping us guessing. Next week we'll find out if the plane escapes being shot down (on orders of Prez Wussbag). Somehow, Jack will escape I think, but whether he keeps control of the tape implicating the Prez remains to be seen. You are correct that we still don't know who the "group" controlling the Prez is yet.

It the Halliburton Board

Wasn't that hilarious when Bill called that weasely guy a butt kisser!

Return to Top
#484019 - 05/03/06 03:48 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Yeah, that last episode was just filler. I guess the writers needed to catch their breath and figure out the motivations of the "true" bad guys who are backing Prez Wussbag. But there is still no sign of Aaron! And what did Buchanan do with Wayne? Is he locked in the trunk or something?

I'd like to see a bit more acknowledgment that folks such as Michelle, Tony, and Edgar bought the farm. I know it's been weeks for us, but it's only been hours for the characters.

Return to Top
#484020 - 05/03/06 03:52 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
They might say something about those that died near the last episode.

I'm not surprised that Wayne disappeared. 24 has a history of just kinda forgetting about characters that don't affect the plot any more (remember the kid who's parents were terrorists?!). I'm guessing Wayne went home to bed or something.

One thing I'd like to see next season, is a plot line that does not go exaclty one hour.

Return to Top
#484021 - 05/03/06 04:09 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
I'm still hoping for the episode(s) where Jack has to drive from LA to Ventura, and spends the entire hour in traffic. Just picture the jump cuts and mult-screens of Jack peering ahead, looking in his mirror, fiddling with the radio, fade to the clock counting up.....

Return to Top
#484022 - 05/03/06 04:57 PM Re: "24", Jack is Back
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Quote:

I'm still hoping for the episode(s) where Jack has to drive from LA to Ventura, and spends the entire hour in traffic. Just picture the jump cuts and mult-screens of Jack peering ahead, looking in his mirror, fiddling with the radio, fade to the clock counting up.....

motorcycles flying past him....

Return to Top
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13