Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#48468 - 12/12/02 03:05 PM Fair Lending Quiz
Happy Offline
Gold Star
Happy
We are planning to do Fair Lending Training, I have downloaded the Powerpoint presentation on this topic from the the BOL tools section. I would also like to have a quiz to go along with the training. Does anyone out there have a fun?? Fair Lending quiz they would be willing to share with me? pege@ambankiowa.com Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#48469 - 12/13/02 05:32 PM Re: Fair Lending Quiz
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am sending this from home and so I am anonymous. This Peg E again. If no one has a fun Fair Lending quiz, how about any Fair Lending quiz. Someone---Anyone??

Return to Top
#48470 - 12/13/02 05:45 PM Re: Fair Lending Quiz
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
I have a four question quiz that would give you a start. Give me your e-mail address and I can send it to you.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#48471 - 12/13/02 05:46 PM Re: Fair Lending Quiz
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
Sorry, didn't pay attention to your first post. I am sending the quiz.

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#48472 - 12/16/02 02:45 PM Re: Fair Lending Quiz
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
I'm sending you ten Q&As. Hope these help.

Return to Top
#48473 - 01/31/03 02:51 PM Re: Fair Lending Quiz
bean Offline
100 Club
Ifish2:

Can I also have a copy of your quiz. I know that this post cam up a few months back, but I am now having to develop a better program.

My e-mail is lbeatov@suburbanonline.org.

Thanks,
Lisa

Return to Top
#48474 - 01/31/03 02:53 PM Re: Fair Lending Quiz
bean Offline
100 Club
Lois:

I would also like to see the Q&A that you have on the above subjet. If you could send me a copy as well I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
Lisa

Return to Top
#48475 - 01/31/03 03:20 PM Re: Fair Lending Quiz
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
This is the fair lending quiz that I used:
When I gave the test at the end of the fair lending training, I had each person take a piece of paper and write True on the front and False on the back. Then as I asked each question, they were to hold up the paper to show the right answer. That way I could see instantly if I needed to further explain any Fair Lending concept.
These are all True/False
1. Bank loan officers must not make assumptions about a person's loan qualifications based on his or her appearance.
2. The bank can be held accountable for actions by third parties who provide us with loan aplications (dealers, mortgage brokers, etc.)
3. The only bank employees who have Fair Lending responsibilities are loan officers.
4. If a co-signer is needed for a loan, we may require that the spouse be the co-signer.
5. The Equal Credit Opportunity Act requires that a bank apply its credit guidelines fairly and impartially.
6. The bank can require more information from female applicants than from males.
7. Under certain conditions, the bank may ask questions about a person's religion.
8. The bank may deny a 30 year mortgage loan to a 65 year old applicant because he is "too old"
9. A loan can be refused if the applicant's only income is from social security.
10. Even if we don't have a written application, we can pull the credit report to let someone know their chances of approval.

Return to Top
#48476 - 01/31/03 03:46 PM Re: Fair Lending Quiz
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
I assume the answers are obvious, but I should clarify question #10. This was regarding a point made during training where a person doesn't want to fill out an application but instead gives the lender some information about a problem (like some slow credit) and wants to know in advance of filling out the app whether he has a good chance of approval.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z