Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#485110 - 01/19/06 05:17 AM Re: See-gars
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
The few I have tried have mostly been Arturo Fuentes, mostly good. The CAO I tried didn't impress me much. I had a Partigan (sp?) that was nice, and a Punch that was very nice. I splurged on a $15.00 Ashton that was OK. Also, I have only had Conneticut wrapped(or whatever you call them). I have yet to try a Maduro. My 2cents.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#485111 - 01/19/06 01:02 PM Re: See-gars
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Quote:

Shemp here.

Rictus, it sounds like you are on the right track. A humidor is definately the way to go. Supposedly a humidor can even revive old cigars. You will be an expert in no time. FYI, get a good lighter. A good lighter helps the cigar to burn evenly (so long as you use it right). This makes the cigar much more pleasant.

Shemp....tell me about this lighter.
A simple bic just doesn't compare?

Return to Top
#485112 - 01/19/06 01:18 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

be prepared to pay for a lighter... vector is a good brand, the run anywhere from $40 to $200... you really need a butane torch lighter... Zippo's will work, but purists will tell you that hey can taste the lighter fluid in the cigar

Return to Top
#485113 - 01/19/06 01:40 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

So, a butane lighter is preferred over a regular lighter?

Return to Top
#485114 - 01/19/06 01:42 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gasoline. Or steel wool and a 9v battery.

Return to Top
#485115 - 01/19/06 02:00 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, what type of lighter does your mother use for her cigars?

When the guards let her have some time in the yard, I mean.

Return to Top
#485116 - 01/19/06 02:06 PM Re: See-gars
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Man, I forgot to log-in with that last entry.

Return to Top
#485117 - 01/19/06 02:11 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shemp here.

Any old lighter will do if you are skilled with one (which I am not). I like the butane lighters that power the flame right onto the cigar because it is alot easier to get an even burn. There is nothing more frustrating than wasting half the cigar on trying to puff it the right way to get the burn even. Plus when you do that you will tend to take so many draws that your mouth will go numb from the tobacco.

Return to Top
#485118 - 01/19/06 02:16 PM Re: See-gars
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
So, Shemp...

am I correct in assuming that butane is synonomous with torch lighter?

Return to Top
#485119 - 01/19/06 02:16 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Love the "Shemp here" thing. Now I won't sully your name.

If you rotate the cigar while lighting, isn't it possible for you to get an even light with even the cheapest of lighters?

Return to Top
#485120 - 01/19/06 02:30 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shemp here. Ron, it likely is possible. But I seem to mess it up almost every time. The good thing about good cigars is they tend to light evenly anyway. Except when in my hands.

Return to Top
#485121 - 01/19/06 02:35 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Shemp here. Ron, it likely is possible. But I seem to mess it up almost every time. The good thing about good cigars is they tend to light evenly anyway. Except when in my hands.

lol! (I really did)

Return to Top
#485122 - 01/19/06 02:38 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shemp here. I do not understand your last post. BTW I hope you can see that my posts language is very unlike some other anons (I have no idea how many there are anymore). I think it is always real easy to tell when it is Shemp-o because the responses are usually 1 or 2 sentances.

Return to Top
#485123 - 01/19/06 02:42 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

...except in my hands. I thought that was funny.

Seriously, some anon who will not identify themself was talking about Friedman and asking why I never responded to what he said. I thought to myself "Self, the only person that has ever said anything to me about Friedman was Shemp-o-rama"

Return to Top
#485124 - 01/19/06 02:45 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shemp here. That anon was me (I think). But I do not remember you identifying me. The bad thing about me lately is that I have been so busy with audits I hop in a thread and make one post. Then I never check it again. Then I come back two days later and someone has claimed what I said was theres.

Case in point. In one of your DP threads I posted that the DP keeps me from killing people. Then you asked if my boss knows this, then I noticed that some other anon started answering you as if they wrote it.

Return to Top
#485125 - 01/19/06 02:50 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Shemp here. That anon was me (I think). But I do not remember you identifying me. The bad thing about me lately is that I have been so busy with audits I hop in a thread and make one post. Then I never check it again. Then I come back two days later and someone has claimed what I said was theres.

Case in point. In one of your DP threads I posted that the DP keeps me from killing people. Then you asked if my boss knows this, then I noticed that some other anon started answering you as if they wrote it.

Speaking of case in point (anons), I didn't write anything about anybody's boss knowing anything.
At any rate, I like your new 'signature'.

Return to Top
#485126 - 01/19/06 02:52 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Return to Top
#485127 - 01/19/06 03:01 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shemp here. The funniest thing was there seemed to be another cigar loving anon posting. I noticed that his vocabulary was very similar to that old RM's. I was going to start calling you Ron earlier in the thread but I figured that you would think I had some wierd way of always knowing it was you. Lol.

Return to Top
#485128 - 01/19/06 03:18 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Shemp here. The funniest thing was there seemed to be another cigar loving anon posting. I noticed that his vocabulary was very similar to that old RM's. I was going to start calling you Ron earlier in the thread but I figured that you would think I had some wierd way of always knowing it was you. Lol.

Shemp-o-rama, my posts here were the Monica post, the 'clue' that it was Monica, the Gasoline post and of course my conversation with you.

Return to Top
#485129 - 01/19/06 03:34 PM Re: See-gars
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oops, good thing I did not question that one. Gasoline rofl.

Return to Top
#485130 - 03/02/06 08:09 PM Re: See-gars
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Okay, I've graduated from the flavored cigars to a 50-gauge handmade number with a Madura wrapper. Pretty good.

Return to Top
#485131 - 03/02/06 08:28 PM Re: See-gars
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
A bunch of us got together and went out a while back and somehow, I ended up smoking a big fat cigar that night. On the one hand, I was impressed at how smooth it was, as I always assumed they would taste nasty and gross. On the other hand.... boy did it end up making me sick to my stomach. Ahhhhh, but it sure was a good time.

Return to Top
#485132 - 03/02/06 08:54 PM Re: See-gars
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
I'm still working on getting rid of my dry mouth today.

Return to Top
#485133 - 03/02/06 10:14 PM Re: See-gars
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Cuban Partagas 8-9-8's

If you have the means, I highly recomend picking some up

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3