Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#485513 - 01/19/06 03:16 AM No Fee Loans
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
I need to check myself here (& get a 2nd opinion) Thanks in advance.

If we do a no cost 2nd mortgage, are the ETIL and GFE (everything POC) still required? Does the answer to this change if the loan closes the day after the application?

Would we still need a Required Provider notice on a no cost loan? Would the HUD stmt take the place of the Require Provider notice on a short turnaround loan?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#485514 - 01/19/06 01:19 PM Re: No Fee Loans
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
An Early TIL is only required if the 2nd is made as part of a residential mortage transaction - see 226.19(a).

A Good Faith Estimate and Settlement costs booklet will still be required within three business days of application. The GFE should show the charges associated with the transaction, but show them as POC by the lender.

No Servicing Disclosure Statement is required, since the loan in question is not a first lien.

At closing, the HUD-1 or HUD-1A should be prepared similarly.

Return to Top
#485515 - 01/19/06 03:08 PM Re: No Fee Loans
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
I agree with redsfan, and would add that I don't believe the required provider disclosure is needed if the borrower is not required to actually pay any portion of the costs.

Also, if it should be a residential mortgage transaction, you just need to provide a TIL within 3 business days of application. If you provide a final TIL at closing, and closing is within 3 days of app, that meets that requirement.

Return to Top
#485516 - 01/19/06 04:02 PM Re: No Fee Loans
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for.

Can you think of any situation where you would not need a GFE on a residential loan, other than providing a denial within 3 days?

Also, finance charges, on a no cost loan, the customer does not pay the LOL monitoring, do we still show it in the finance charge as a prepaid even if the bank is absorbing the cost?

Return to Top
#485517 - 01/19/06 04:08 PM Re: No Fee Loans
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
The only exemption for not providing the GFE is if the loan is denied within 3 business days of the application or if the loan is an open-end credit subject to the Reg. Z disclosures.

Charges not paid by the borrower are not finance charges.

Return to Top
#485518 - 01/19/06 08:37 PM Re: No Fee Loans
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Thanks to all for the confirmation.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z