Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#485544 - 02/22/06 09:22 PM Re: Children advice needed
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Update, week 6 and he's still with us! He states he doesn't want to sleep in his room "because the wind and fan make a loud noise". There's no fan in his room and we used to run a humidifier so that he wouldn't hear wind and other background noise. We've tried a couple of the suggestions here with no luck as of yet. I'm thinking about having him sleep in a sleeping bag on the floor rather then in our bed and maybe he'll want to go back to his room. Although there's nothing more precious than when we're both trying to go to sleep and he leans over and kisses me and says I love you mom! Or seeing him sleep peacefully.

Return to Top
#485545 - 02/22/06 09:36 PM Re: Children advice needed
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
My 2 year old has all of a sudden decided that she doesn't want to go to bed. I will put her in her crib and she will scream at the top of her lungs.

Fun Fun Fun

Return to Top
#485546 - 02/22/06 09:48 PM Re: Children advice needed
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
oh god, I couldn't handle that

Return to Top
#485547 - 02/22/06 09:57 PM Re: Children advice needed
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I think my 3 year old son has finally given up trying to come to our room. It is more difficult for him to get out of his big boy bed that it was his toddler bed. It has been several weeks since he came over (it was 5 AM) and I told him I was taking him back to his room. He went back in and was asleep before I could shut the door. He did come in after 8 on Saturday morning (my wife was already up) and gave me a kiss and laid down beside me for a few minutes which was really neat.

Return to Top
#485548 - 02/22/06 09:59 PM Re: Children advice needed
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
AAAWWW that is ssoo cute, that's what i'm looking forward to when i'm a "mommy"

Return to Top
#485549 - 02/22/06 11:49 PM Re: Children advice needed
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
I now have both girls in bed with me now that their Dad is at his new job. Every night I wonder how we are going to break that when we move.

Return to Top
#485550 - 02/23/06 01:53 PM Re: Children advice needed
Tiger Fan Offline
100 Club
Do not put a sleeping bag in the floor. It will not work. Take it from someone who has been there and done that. My son started getting in bed with us when he was two and because I was pregnant with my second child, I let him stay. After about two weeks of this, we made a pallet in the floor with a sleeping bag thinking he would rather sleep in his own bed. It did not work. That became his bed for the next few months. Try to stop it now before he decides your room is his room on a permanent basis. It may take many late nights of putting him back in his bed and much crying on his part, but the sooner you stop him the easier it should be.

Return to Top
#485551 - 02/23/06 04:16 PM Re: Children advice needed
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Quote:

My 2 year old has all of a sudden decided that she doesn't want to go to bed. I will put her in her crib and she will scream at the top of her lungs.

Fun Fun Fun

Ear infection! Problem solved (thank God)

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett