Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#486689 - 01/20/06 05:18 PM High Risk MSB
Dottie Offline
100 Club
If a money service business (located in a high intensity drug trafficking area)does state wide check cashing which includes third party checks and commercial accounts, would it be considered high risk? They also redeem traveler's checks and money orders. They are an established business with an operating history. They are already registered as a MSB.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#486690 - 01/20/06 05:20 PM Re: High Risk MSB
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
What do you think of the AML program that they have in place? What do you think of other controls and procedures they've implemented?

Return to Top
#486691 - 01/20/06 05:42 PM Re: High Risk MSB
MagicCity Offline

Power Poster
MagicCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
They would be high risk, - and how high depends on the dollar amounts they are cashing - and I would look at the corporate checks to ensure that they are from industries that "have a need" to be cashing checks - such as those that pay day workers, i.e. construction industry.
I have refused to take corporate checks from medical companies - unless of course it is a normal payroll check.

Return to Top
#486692 - 01/20/06 05:55 PM Re: High Risk MSB
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The Interagency Guidance lists a number of potentially high and low risk factors you should consider. I suggest you do a comprehensive review using those lists.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z