Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#487786 - 01/24/06 02:21 PM Discontinue estatement
Game On Offline
Platinum Poster
Marietta, GA
If we have customers who signed up for estatement but have not opened the statement for more than 90-days are we required to change the account back to paper statements?
Our IT department said they heard this in a seminar but I cannot find anything in the reg to this effect. I am aware of the rules if an e-statement is returned due to a bad email address but I cannot find any ruling on requirements when a customer does not open the statement.
Does anyone know where this is or what the procedures should be.
Katye

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#487787 - 01/24/06 02:54 PM Re: Discontinue estatement
kw@fnb Offline
100 Club
Beatrice, NE
If they signed off to eliminate their paper statements, I think your responsibility ends there. You can't make them open them any more than you can make them open a paper statement.

Return to Top
#487788 - 01/24/06 03:54 PM Re: Discontinue estatement
Gotwood Offline
Platinum Poster
I agree with kb. You delivered it to a valid address/location, it is up to them to view it.

Return to Top
#487789 - 01/24/06 04:18 PM Re: Discontinue estatement
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
You may offer them the ability to change, but as noted, you can lead a horse to water, but....

This is the same as if it were snail mailed. You have no idea if it was reviewed. And you have no responsibility. The rub is if you were in the witness box and are asked about the fact that "you knew these were not reviewed and now you don't want to pay the Reg. E claim. He couldn't review these because yada yada yada." Are you wrong? No. Are you "clean", not necessarily. It just doesn't look good.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z