Return to Top
#488318 - 01/25/06 04:20 PM Re: MTV videos
doodle Offline
Platinum Poster
doodle
colorado
Quote:

Adam Curry?

Yeah, that guy! He wasn't as entertaining as Rikki Rachtman but he had such good hair.

Return to Top
#488319 - 01/25/06 06:06 PM Re: MTV videos
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
You mean MTV doesn't stand for More Television?

Return to Top
#488320 - 01/25/06 06:07 PM Re: MTV videos
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Headbangers Ball was after MTV started going downhill. Another head, Max Headroom was when it was at its peak!

Return to Top
#488321 - 01/25/06 06:10 PM Re: MTV videos
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
yea, so now that MTV has evolved into what it is today, they have created MTV2 which is more or less just like the old MTV<---- just like back in the 80's they have diff sessions of music like they will play rap or rock for so many hours and they have maybe 2-3 shows, i haven't had cable in awhile so i don't know if this is still the same way

Return to Top
#488322 - 01/25/06 06:41 PM Re: MTV videos
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

yea, so now that MTV has evolved into what it is today, they have created MTV2 which is more or less just like the old MTV<---- just like back in the 80's they have diff sessions of music like they will play rap or rock for so many hours and they have maybe 2-3 shows, i haven't had cable in awhile so i don't know if this is still the same way

I feel MTV nowadays is much more entertaining than the "older day" of actual music videos. Personally, I do not really enjoy watching music videos. However, I do enjoy watching a couple of idiots talking smack on 6th street and getting knocked out. There something about it that's entertaining to me.

Return to Top
#488323 - 01/25/06 07:02 PM Re: MTV videos
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
When we were all glued to the tube watching music videos there it was new and exciting. Much of the music MTV played sounded a bit different than what was on the radio waves. Many of the video techniques were also new and exciting. Now, much of the programming and advertising (especially the advertising) on TV are like music videos. Many movies are just glorified music videos. There's music with images everywhere now.

You can't go back. MTV will never again capture that magic. It was fun. If you weren't there to enjoy it, I don't know how to explain it to you.

Return to Top
#488324 - 01/25/06 07:17 PM Re: MTV videos
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

When we were all glued to the tube watching music videos there it was new and exciting. Much of the music MTV played sounded a bit different than what was on the radio waves. Many of the video techniques were also new and exciting. Now, much of the programming and advertising (especially the advertising) on TV are like music videos. Many movies are just glorified music videos. There's music with images everywhere now.

You can't go back. MTV will never again capture that magic. It was fun. If you weren't there to enjoy it, I don't know how to explain it to you.

That is very true! There's nothing like the freshness of something! I was able to catch the tail end of the original MTV but I think I was too young to appreciate everything.

Return to Top
#488325 - 01/25/06 07:18 PM Re: MTV videos
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

Quote:

I feel MTV nowadays is much more entertaining than the "older day" of actual music videos. Personally, I do not really enjoy watching music videos. However, I do enjoy watching a couple of idiots talking smack on 6th street and getting knocked out. There something about it that's entertaining to me.

no, i do enjoy what MTV has evolved to be, but when i'm cleaning house i like watching straight videos, i love real world, laguna beach, even room raiders viva la bam, the only thing i dont like is in the summer time they have that beach house and some of the shows during the summer and around spring break suck

Return to Top
#488326 - 01/25/06 07:30 PM Re: MTV videos
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

no, i do enjoy what MTV has evolved to be,

Don't be so snappy Nunz. What, we've mildly disagreed twice in one day! It can't be!

Return to Top
#488327 - 01/25/06 07:42 PM Re: MTV videos
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
haha LOL!! i didn't mean it that way i probably didn't even need to say the word no. uh oh!!

Return to Top
#488328 - 01/26/06 02:13 AM Re: MTV videos
-A- Offline
Gold Star
-A-
the good ole south
I was about 9 yrs old in 1983 and I would watch MTV nonstop, I loved the duran duran "hungry like the wolf" video and "owner of a lonely heart" - and Van Halen's "Jump".... And of course the video's by Wham... I wish I had recorded of live MTV broadcasts from those days...That would be priceless to me. The 80's made MTV -

Return to Top
#488329 - 01/26/06 02:56 AM Re: MTV videos
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I remember a friend of mine coming back from Spring Break and her parents had MTV. I'd never seen it. She told me about MTV and some bands they'd never heard of, like Echo and the Bunny Men and Thomas Dolby. I was already a big fan or U2, Talking Heads, the Police, B-52's, the Blasters, Elvis Costello, the Clash, the Cars, Rockpile, Gary Numan, etc....

But is anyone here old enough to remember the Midnight Special? I guess my parents thought I was too young to watch it (or stay up that late), but I do remember it.

Return to Top
#488330 - 01/26/06 05:25 PM Re: MTV videos
Anonymous
Unregistered

Golden Earring, "When the Bullet Hits the Bone".

I don't think that was the real title to the song, but does anyone remember the video? It was like a mini movie.

Suzy

Return to Top
#488331 - 01/26/06 05:43 PM Re: MTV videos
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
OMG! I used to love that song! I used to own the "album."

Return to Top
#488332 - 01/26/06 05:45 PM Re: MTV videos
Anonymous
Unregistered

How about the Tubes - She's a Beauty

Remember the tunnel of love video with the little kid and the leather clad woman. Weird!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2