Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#489280 - 01/26/06 04:34 PM HELOC Disclosure Statement
DinkD Offline
100 Club
DinkD
Georgia
I have a line that has been refinanced/renewed to increase the amount of the line; should the lender have given the disclosure statement on the type of Plan and the booklet? Thanks.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#489281 - 01/26/06 04:47 PM Re: HELOC Disclosure Statement
KSalberta Offline
100 Club
KSalberta
GA
If you were modifying an existing line of credit solely to increase the credit line, you would give a notice saying that the credit was extended under the terms of the current agreement (but get it signed by all parties).

But right of rescission applies! You have to give the notice and go through all your rescission procedures, because this is a new extension of credit.

Return to Top
#489282 - 01/26/06 04:51 PM Re: HELOC Disclosure Statement
DinkD Offline
100 Club
DinkD
Georgia
Thanks. They actually did a new application and line of credit agreement but that would not change the thought that they would not need a disclosue correct? Thanks for your help.

Return to Top
#489283 - 01/26/06 05:49 PM Re: HELOC Disclosure Statement
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
If it's a refinance, then no question, you need all new disclosures. And ROR will apply to the whole line, not just any new money.

If it's a renewal, then it depends on whether or not the line has matured. If it has, then you have to treat the renewal as if it were a new plan, and give all applicable disclosures.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z