Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#490265 - 01/30/06 03:00 PM CIF & Account Messages
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
We have the ability, on our core system, to post Alert and Special Messages at the CIF or Account Level (DDA, Loan, etc..). These messages "pop up" when you access a CIF or any account of the customers.

Messages could be:

"Bad Address"
"John Smith approved releasing info to Jane Doe on this account"
"Her sister's brother-in-law's cousin, Ethel Smith, stole her debit card"
"Bankrupcty dismissed 10-12-1992"
"DDA Charge-off 4-20-94 $132.78, paid in full 4-19-94"

I'm wondering if anyone else has this capability and have you set any controls or procedures for messages, so they don't get out of control? If so, will you share?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#490266 - 01/30/06 11:33 PM Re: CIF & Account Messages
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
We have the ability (JHA Silverlake) but don't have any written procedures. Our general rule is that the Alert Messages are things that need to be handled while the customer is in front of you/on the phone, mainly things to protect the bank and/or customer. Special messages at the loan level are used for any number of informational topics that someone servicing the loan may need to be aware of (cross collateralization, insurance claim in process, etc.). Messages dealing with bankruptcy, charge offs, etc. are located in the collection system and the access is limited based on security level.

We've kept the alert messages from getting out of control by 1) reviewing the maintenance each day to determine if the message really is high priority ; 2) working with our tellers to weed out the stuff that is really lower priority (they have to override the message which is more that a simple keystroke so they've been very helpful calling in their complaints); and 3) limiting the people that can enter an Alert Message.

Return to Top
#490267 - 02/02/06 11:13 PM Re: CIF & Account Messages
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Thanks Cowboy Fan - that does help.

Return to Top