Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Post deleted by MichelleDawn

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#490462 - 01/30/06 05:07 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
I am curious to see some feedback on this topic as well. My bank has an unusually high turnover rate, mostly because people do not get along with each other (its actually pretty sad!). I would love to hear some suggestions on events or activities that other banks sponsor promoting teambuilding.

Return to Top
#490463 - 01/30/06 05:08 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Nude twister

Return to Top
#490464 - 01/30/06 05:09 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
ChicagoGuy Offline
Diamond Poster
ChicagoGuy
Chicago, IL
Years ago in another life, the bank had all it's employees attend an event at a dinner-theatre kind of place. The show was a whodunit murder mystery and we all had roles in the mystery. We worked as teams to help solve the mystery and you were not with your normal everyday co-workers. It actually turned out pretty neat, even though at the time, I was very apprehensive and nervous about the whole thing.

Return to Top
#490465 - 01/30/06 05:14 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
Our bank throws an annual clam bake each year. It's alot of fun and everyone seems to go. They also have an annual winter dinner and christmas party for the kids.
Last edited by ~~~izzo~~~; 01/30/06 05:26 PM.
Return to Top
#490466 - 01/30/06 05:17 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

Nude twister

LOL! I would not wish that on my worst enemy! Hopefully, my co-workers are not reading this!

Return to Top
#490467 - 01/30/06 06:39 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
8675309 Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the wind comes sweeping ...
I guess this could be dangerous, but we went to a comedy club one night and had a great time. Also you can do movie night, horse races, family picnic, theme park day, or putt putt (most of these places have group discounts.)

You could have a get together at a nice house. Maybe a board member or shareholder would allow you to use their house.

You could do an office olympics and cookout at a park. Have silly contests like wastepaper basketball, secretarial chair races, and typewriter tossing.

You can also do charity work for team building. Organize a day of caring - divide up and go volunteer at several non-profits then meet back for a celebration.

Return to Top
#490468 - 01/30/06 06:42 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
The Financial Times this weekend had an article about cooking as a new kind of team-building event.

Return to Top
#490469 - 01/30/06 07:04 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
Czargazer Offline
Gold Star
Czargazer
Pacific Northwest
You could always do a "Survivor" thing with a committee. Have them all take a week off and drop them in the woods with minimal supplies.

Return to Top
#490470 - 01/30/06 07:08 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

The Financial Times this weekend had an article about cooking as a new kind of team-building event.

We did this as a holiday event when I worked at Wells Fargo. Everyone just got an invitation with an address (which was actually a residential address in San Francisco). When we showed up, it turned out to be a cooking school. The people who organized it had us divided amongst the various cooking stations working with people who we had the least interaction on the job. Our assignment was to find out various things about another individual working on that course with us. At dinner we each had to get up and tell the group those things that we found out about the other person.

Return to Top
#490471 - 01/30/06 07:37 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

You could always do a "Survivor" thing with a committee. Have them all take a week off and drop them in the woods with minimal supplies.

Make sure it's an area with lots of poisonous snakes.

Return to Top
#490472 - 01/31/06 03:10 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
Raymond Offline
Platinum Poster
Raymond
The Land of OZ
If you want to get to know the person, there is a game called Scruples. It's a game with moral dilemma questions. Never played it myself, but I've read some of the questions and it sounds like fun.

But I would have to pass on a game of naked twister. I wouldn't play it with anyone from my bank and I don't think they would want to play it with me either.

Return to Top
#490473 - 01/31/06 03:12 PM Re: Teambuilding Events *DELETED*
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Post deleted by MichelleDawn

Return to Top
#490474 - 01/31/06 03:54 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Have periodic dinners where the executives pay for everything do all the grilling and serving. It will boost the morale of the staff and have an amazing equalizing effect on the egos of those in management positions. If executives grumble about paying, ask them if it is a financial hardship. If it really is, tell them that they need not pay. If not, they need pay up and be a team player. This exercise will build the team and may also indicate who in management is not a team player.

Have each manager serve their own team.

Return to Top
#490475 - 01/31/06 09:04 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
Paul Franklin Offline
100 Club
Bothell, Washington
Anything that lack of talent will not hinder the fun and will be as entertaining as real talent. A group us (mostly coworkers that are now all friends) played Whirlyball ( remember trackball rackets?) played in bumpercars. It was hilarious...can't throw or catch, doesn't matter.

Return to Top
#490476 - 01/31/06 09:08 PM Re: Teambuilding Events
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North

I've played Scruples and I don't think it's appropriate for work. It is fun when you are with people you love and trust.

I've played Scruples also and it has never ended well. It is not a good thing when you have to say what you think someone else (a friend or family member) would do in a morally or ethically challenging situation. My sister and I almost came to blows and we were both in our 30s at the time!

Return to Top