Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#490549 - 01/30/06 05:35 PM Authorized Draft?
Midwest Banker Offline
Gold Star
Cheeseland
Without getting into the morality of the issue here I have a question regarding drafts. I have listened to the voice recording of my customer authorizing a draft to be debited from her checking account for some, what I deem to be junk.

Based on this recording, this to me now falls under an authorized draft and any issues pertaining to a refund are between her and the business; not a refund from the bank. Am I correct?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#490550 - 01/30/06 05:57 PM Re: Authorized Draft?
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
As you may know, some of these recorded authorizations are dubious, at best. But if you think it's clear that the customer authorized the draft, I believe you are left with a case of "buyer's remorse," which is no more refundable than it would be if the transaction had been completed by check.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#490551 - 01/30/06 07:14 PM Re: Authorized Draft?
Midwest Banker Offline
Gold Star
Cheeseland
Dubious? Possibly, but I don't want to begin trying to address this one! I definately don't want to get into a debate with the customer about the legitimacy of the item versus their state to mind to make a decision; I've learned to stay away from this one.

Also, I did just find out this person has had drafts in the past because they like to talk with people. "Nice" people of course!

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett