Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#49305 - 12/17/02 09:13 PM Reg E training
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I am looking for some guidance on what personnel others require to take Reg E training...do you require everyone to take Reg E training (assuming you have Reg E training!); do you require it for areas like deposit ops, branches, customer service, but exempt commercial lenders, and similar personnel? Thanks.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#49306 - 12/17/02 09:36 PM Re: Reg E training
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Depending on the size of bank: larger banks usually have a department to handle this. Smaller banks often have 1 person, but all that answer the phone should understand the quick timing and high liability. I recommend using your own EFT disclosure and highlight the error resolution sections. Be sure to let all know what little time you have to resolve issues and what little liability the customer has.

Return to Top
#49307 - 12/17/02 09:40 PM Re: Reg E training
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
We train all employees on all major regs using Power Point presentations and occasional Compliance Trivia via internal e-mail. If an audit reveals major non compliance with any reg - the non complying department gets in-house personal training.

Return to Top
#49308 - 12/17/02 11:06 PM Re: Reg E training
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
This varies depending on job duties. Claims investigators know a lot more. CSRs know that when someone says they lost their ATM card, what forms to fill out, whom to refer the customer to for a claim and how to put the card on hot status immediately.

So training should depend on what they do. Similarly, the claims investigators in the back room, upstairs, know less about robbery procedures, bait money and Reg. CC.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#49309 - 12/17/02 11:41 PM Re: Reg E training
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT Offline
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
Andy, you are one bright bulb! Always ready to pull the trigger with the right, insightful answer.

Return to Top
#49310 - 12/18/02 12:31 AM Re: Reg E training
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I appreciate that. Thank you.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#49311 - 12/18/02 02:10 AM Re: Reg E training

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Thank you all! I was looking for info on what others do...I am at a new place and they just instituted online training and told everyone (including HR!) they needed to take Reg E training! I have always been a firm believer in job specific training in most cases. If I am going to have people sit in training, I would like it to be on the most important topics to their jobs.

Thanks again. Sometimes I need a reality check.

Return to Top
#49312 - 12/18/02 01:53 PM Re: Reg E training
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
We have both on-line training and classroom training. The on-line training is set up to be job specific. Anyone who wants can attend the classroom training but don't usually unless it relates to their job. However, during both loan and deposit training I make sure that everyone is aware that the "other side of the house" has different error resolution procedures and that they know who to contact if it's not their normal province. It's not indepth. This is especially important since everyone has an e-mail address and customers tend to contact the person they know.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#49313 - 12/18/02 02:13 PM Re: Reg E training

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Thanks, Louvera. I agree. I have always made sure that the lenders, for example, are aware of requirements so that when a customer contacts them with a Reg E type problem they make sure it gets to the correct area immediately.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett