Skip to content
GeoDataVision
Thread Options
#494142 - 02/07/06 03:45 PM Vendor Management
KYBanker Offline
New Poster
Is anyone aware of guidance for prudent Vendor Management activities other than the FDIC FIL released Nov 16. 2004? It seems that this has been such a topic of discussion recently -- there would be more...

Return to Top
Audit
#494143 - 02/09/06 11:51 AM Re: Vendor Management
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Are you narrowing your request to only FDIC documents?

While I haven't heard of new requirements, there has been discussion of existing requirements being re-emphasized such as in multi-factor authentication. Some banks are leaving it all up to vendors and the examiners are saying "no." And recent Interagency guidance of external auditors and disclaimers for financial condition reviews.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#494144 - 02/09/06 01:02 PM Re: Vendor Management
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
You should review the FFIEC IT handbooks, which cover IT outsourcing, business continuity, etc. and contain vendor managemen guidance that is applicable to any major vendor relationship, not just IT. Vendor management programs are discussed. Additionally, the regultors examination programs contain references to vendor management programs and give a good idea of what is expected.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#494145 - 02/16/06 07:10 PM Re: Vendor Management
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Even if you aren't an OCC bank, the OCC Bulletin 2001-47 is a great reference document.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z