Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#494568 - 02/07/06 08:11 PM Teaser rate/adjustable rate mtg disclosure
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Do we have to have a separate ARM disclosure on our 1 year ARM if we have a teaser rate- or can we use the same disclosure but with the wording in it that states "The initial interest rate is not based on the index used to make later adjustments. Ask us for the amount of the current interest rate discount." Thanks for your help.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#494569 - 02/07/06 09:40 PM Re: Teaser rate/adjustable rate mtg disclosure
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
I would say yes based on the commentary. (2)(H)

Paragraph 19(b)(2).
1. Disclosure for each variable-rate program. A creditor must provide disclosures to the consumer that fully and each of the creditor's variable-rate loan programs in which the consumer expresses an interest. If a program is made available only to certain customers of an institution, a creditor need not provide disclosures for that program to other consumers who express a general interest in a creditor's ARM programs. Disclosures must be given at the time an application form is provided or before the consumer pays a nonrefundable fee, whichever is earlier. If program disclosures cannot be provided because a consumer expresses an interest in individually negotiating loan terms that are not generally offered, disclosures reflecting those terms may be provided as soon as reasonably possible after the terms have been decided upon, but not later than the time a nonrefundable fee is paid. If a consumer who has received program disclosures subsequently expresses an interest in other available variable-rate programs subject to § 226.19(b)(2), or the creditor and consumer decide on a program for which the consumer has not received disclosures, the creditor must provide appropriate disclosures as soon as reasonably possible.
2. Variable-rate loan program defined. i. Generally, if the identification, the presence or absence, or the exact value of a loan feature must be disclosed under this section, variable-rate loans that differ as to such features constitute separate loan programs. For example, separate loan programs would exist based on differences in any of the following loan features:
A. The index or other formula used to calculate interest rate adjustments.
B. The rules relating to changes in the index value, interest rate, payments, and loan balance.
C. The presence or absence of, and the amount of, rate or payment caps.
D. The presence of a demand feature.
E. The possibility of negative amortization.
F. The possibility of interest rate carryover.
G. The frequency of interest rate and payment adjustments.
H. The presence of a discount feature.
I. In addition, if a loan feature must be taken into account in preparing the disclosures required by § 226.19(b)(2)(viii), variable-rate loans that differ as to that feature constitute separate programs under § 226.19(b)(2).
ii. If, however, a representative value may be given for a loan feature or the feature need not be disclosed under § 226.19(b)(2), variable-rate loans that differ as to such features do not constitute separate loan programs. For example, separate programs would not exist based on differences in the following loan features:
A. The amount of a discount.
B. The amount of a margin.

Return to Top
#494570 - 02/08/06 04:10 PM Re: Teaser rate/adjustable rate mtg disclosure
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Thank you for your help- I appreciate it.

Return to Top
#494571 - 02/09/06 05:51 PM Re: Teaser rate/adjustable rate mtg disclosure
ledfoot Offline
Georgia
So am I understanding this to mean that if your program disclosure states there is no floor and the ceiling stated in the program differs from what the lender states on the note as well as a stated floor on the note, that a different program disclosure is required. Right? I'm speaking of course of an ARM loan.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z