Thread Options
#495777 - 02/09/06 04:41 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. But I have lived there for three years so I think that gives my opinion more of a leg to stand up on instead of someone visiting somewhere for 3 days. The mountains are nice but too much desert. On top of that, per capita, New Mexico is the poorest state in the country. It also has the highest murder rate in the country per capita. Look it up, its a fact!

And some people will still like it ... and that's OK. Repeat after me. Other people's opinions don't have to be the same as mine.

Exactly! So why are you trying to bash my opinion? Mine differs from yours so mind your own business! How do you like them apples?

Read your own post Einstein.

First of all, I never made a comment where I was saying anything about another person's opinion. I asked a simple question! I know everytime I post, your dumbass wants to start an argument me and that's fine. I also know I am a defensive guy (forgive me, i've got pride in what I do and where I live) and I am working on that. The only I am guilty of is saying New Mexico sucks just like everyone else that's bashed Texas and I stand by it! That's my opinion.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#495778 - 02/09/06 04:42 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Not Ready to Run Offline
Gold Star
Not Ready to Run
IA
Unfortunately, I have to go to Oklahoma City, OK several times a year to see my husband's family. It is filthy. No offense to anyone living there.

Return to Top
#495779 - 02/09/06 04:43 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
Is this a trick question??? Salt potatoes are the best! In the summer time in NY, it's steak on the grill, sweet corn and salt potatoes. mmmmmmm. (they are small round tators boiled in salt water with the skins on. Then you dip 'em in melted butter.) Ok. I'm hungry now.

Return to Top
#495780 - 02/09/06 04:43 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

I am not a huge fan of Texas myself, but that is just me. It just does not appeal to me.

I love Texas and it's not just b/c i was born here either, the people in the south are so nice i just love everything about it, i'm proud to say i'm a Texan

Return to Top
#495781 - 02/09/06 04:45 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Not Ready to Run Offline
Gold Star
Not Ready to Run
IA
Hey Texas Boy - I have been to Texas a few times and found it to be just fine. Bottom line that we all need to remember - every place has good and bad. I can't say one place is any better than the other - just have different qualities.

Return to Top
#495782 - 02/09/06 04:46 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

Texas Boy. Is it true you can't swear in Texas? A friend of mine say's she got ticketed once for telling a neighbor to get the #uck out of her house. He called the cops and she was fined for saying a naughty word. Even though she was in her own house. Is it fair to say she was telling the truth???

I honestly have never heard of this and cannot see it happening. Where was she at?

Return to Top
#495783 - 02/09/06 04:46 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anything in the panhandle of Texas or Oklahoma, there is nothing there. And pretty much anywhere in Texas that is not around one of the big population centers or coast. Case in point - College Station, 100 miles from anywhere, and dull as anything.

Return to Top
#495784 - 02/09/06 04:47 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
San Antonio.

Return to Top
#495785 - 02/09/06 04:48 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Not Ready to Run Offline
Gold Star
Not Ready to Run
IA
Talk about nothing - don't forget states such as, Kansas, Wyoming, Montana, Nebraska, most of the midwest for that matter!

Return to Top
#495786 - 02/09/06 04:48 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

Anything in the panhandle of Texas or Oklahoma, there is nothing there. And pretty much anywhere in Texas that is not around one of the big population centers or coast. Case in point - College Station, 100 miles from anywhere, and dull as anything.

Funny!

Return to Top
#495787 - 02/09/06 04:49 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. But I have lived there for three years so I think that gives my opinion more of a leg to stand up on instead of someone visiting somewhere for 3 days. The mountains are nice but too much desert. On top of that, per capita, New Mexico is the poorest state in the country. It also has the highest murder rate in the country per capita. Look it up, its a fact!

And some people will still like it ... and that's OK. Repeat after me. Other people's opinions don't have to be the same as mine.

Exactly! So why are you trying to bash my opinion? Mine differs from yours so mind your own business! How do you like them apples?

I'm loving it. This boy thinks his opinion is the only one that matters.

He's very young and incredibly egocentric.

Indeed.

You forgot to mention incredibly good looking!

Return to Top
#495788 - 02/09/06 04:50 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
~~~izzo~~~ Offline
Platinum Poster
~~~izzo~~~
NY
When I think of Texas, I think of this awsome chinese resturant we all went to dinner at down there. I've never found another that even came close. There were lots of steak places we hit as well, but the chinese place kicked ass. Mmmmmm. The best.

Return to Top
#495789 - 02/09/06 04:50 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Anonymous
Unregistered

The worst place ever is Barstow, California. I had to go in July and i think it was 140 degrees everyday

Return to Top
#495790 - 02/09/06 04:51 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

First of all, I never made a comment where I was saying anything about another person's opinion. I asked a simple question! I know everytime I post, your dumbass wants to start an argument me and that's fine. I also know I am a defensive guy (forgive me, i've got pride in what I do and where I live) and I am working on that. The only I am guilty of is saying New Mexico sucks just like everyone else that's bashed Texas and I stand by it! That's my opinion.

Develop some self awareness.

Return to Top
#495791 - 02/09/06 04:51 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
Barstow, CA or to be more exact, Fort Irwin, Cali

Return to Top
#495792 - 02/09/06 04:51 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Quote:

Quote:

Texas Boy. Is it true you can't swear in Texas? A friend of mine say's she got ticketed once for telling a neighbor to get the #uck out of her house. He called the cops and she was fined for saying a naughty word. Even though she was in her own house. Is it fair to say she was telling the truth???

I honestly have never heard of this and cannot see it happening. Where was she at?

actually you can and F a r ting or burbing in someone's face....seriously i was in the groocery store one day and it was late and they have an on duty officer in plain clothes and i was with my BF goofing around at the self check out and i said the f bomb and he came up to me showed me his badge and said "I can write you a citation right now, blah blah bla." (I really don't know what he said after that i tuned him out) But he also let me know that you can get a ticket for the other things listed above, pretty much if someone finds it offensive they can write you a ticket

Return to Top
#495793 - 02/09/06 04:51 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

Is this a trick question??? Salt potatoes are the best! In the summer time in NY, it's steak on the grill, sweet corn and salt potatoes. mmmmmmm. (they are small round tators boiled in salt water with the skins on. Then you dip 'em in melted butter.) Ok. I'm hungry now.

I have never had salt potatoes myself, but man does sound very good!

Return to Top
#495794 - 02/09/06 04:53 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
me neither they do sound good, the only thing i can relate to that is pan fries, or also called home fries

Return to Top
#495795 - 02/09/06 04:55 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Ashley, check you gmail account!

Return to Top
#495796 - 02/09/06 04:58 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
ok

Return to Top
#495797 - 02/09/06 05:08 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm loving it. This boy thinks his opinion is the only one that matters.

He's very young and incredibly egocentric.

One more thing, yes I am very young but not egocentric. The word I like to use is prideful. I'm prideful in everything I do and if I believe in something, I will defend it. You may see that as a fault and at times it may be, but that's my personality. I do not feel I cross the line very often although you seem to think otherwise.

Return to Top
#495798 - 02/09/06 05:37 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

Quote:

Houston TX. The heat, the traffic, the bad roads, nuff said.

I have to agree. A Houston summer is hotter than Penelope Cruz! The humidity, smog (was the second smoggiest city in the nation), and traffic is too much for me. If I was going to live in a big city in Texas, it would probably be Austin or Dallas. Austin is the coolest place in Texas hands down!

x2 on Houston, don't like it and probably will never go back unless I absolutely have to.

And Austin is pretty cool! Leslie for Mayor!!

Return to Top
#495799 - 02/09/06 06:21 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

I live in Texas and never have heard of this before... strange...

Return to Top
#495800 - 02/09/06 06:28 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
search check out my post it's true, if someone finds it offensive, or maybe the cop was bs'ing me but i'd like not to take the chance

Return to Top
#495801 - 02/09/06 06:32 PM Re: Worst City/Town You Ever Visited
Rainbow Girl Offline
Gold Star
Midtown
Buffalo, NY
Could have something to do with the fact that it was January and I was there for a funeral.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5