Thread Options
#496817 - 02/10/06 04:06 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok it is a Poll! Who is it a poll of? Certainly not me or anyone I know

i agree, i have never been polled. but professional pollsters owe their credibility to scientific polling methods.

It was a poll of Steven and all the rest of his San Francisco cronies like the one above. "San Francisco Treat", how gay does that post sound.

when did ap/ipsos start polling only SF? (_dumb_)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#496818 - 02/10/06 04:12 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
If you look at the polling results above, Congress has higher disapproval ratings than the president. So why isn't this thread titled "Congress is a failure?"

Return to Top
#496819 - 02/10/06 04:13 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually depending upon the poller it is entirely possible that only a certain region of the country was polled. It is unlikely that AP actually did the polling, but wrote the article. But with statistics like this it seems very likely that only one segment was polled. Especially since the article did not state that it was an entirely random poll based on a national audience.

Return to Top
#496820 - 02/10/06 04:13 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

SH, it is because Steve1950 is a bias failure himself.

Return to Top
#496821 - 02/10/06 04:14 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Actually depending upon the poller it is entirely possible that only a certain region of the country was polled. It is unlikely that AP actually did the polling, but wrote the article. But with statistics like this it seems very likely that only one segment was polled. Especially since the article did not state that it was an entirely random poll based on a national audience.

And you can prove that or you just assume it?

Return to Top
#496822 - 02/10/06 04:14 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

If you look at the polling results above, Congress has higher disapproval ratings than the president. So why isn't this thread titled "Congress is a failure?"

because that's a given

Return to Top
#496823 - 02/10/06 04:16 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

are you a spelling failure? stick to the nascar, bud. you are amongst equals there.

Return to Top
#496824 - 02/10/06 04:18 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
After reading post #509341, I was tempted to write,
"So the pro-Bush crowd can relax and return to their normal practice of demonizing anyone who disagrees with them." But, I thought, no, that's just gratuitously inflammatory.

Then, I read post #509344 and was reminded of an old saying I liked; "No matter how cynical I become, it's never enough to keep up."

Return to Top
#496825 - 02/10/06 04:19 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

translation: we are going down swinging. nobody is going to mess with "my man" without a fight. if something bad is said about him i will assume the poll is biased (take notes ) and must not be accurate.

Return to Top
#496826 - 02/10/06 04:25 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it's funny that you would use one opinion poll to support your claim that the president is a failure.

I think it's really funny that you would use one in which his numbers are actually improving.

Return to Top
#496827 - 02/10/06 04:29 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

I think it's funny that you would use one opinion poll to support your claim that the president is a failure.

I think it's really funny that you would use one in which his numbers are actually improving.

So, would it be more accurate to say that he's now less of a failure than previously thought?

Return to Top
#496828 - 02/10/06 04:30 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
steven1950 Offline
Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
It seems a little odd to me that most of the posts that disagree with the AP-Ipsos poll in support of Bush are "unregistered." If you're going to demonize the poll and me, then at least register and post so we all know who you are. Also, I don't think one can criticize the AP-Ipsos poll's numbers and laud the Fox News poll numbers. We all know that Fox News is not unbiased.

Return to Top
#496829 - 02/10/06 04:30 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

History will tell ... and I don't think it will be kind to Mr. Bush.

Return to Top
#496830 - 02/10/06 04:30 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

are you a spelling failure? stick to the nascar, bud. you are amongst equals there.

See the third def. Stick with Nascar yourself bud.

Return to Top
#496831 - 02/10/06 04:31 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

biĀ·as ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bs)
n.
A line going diagonally across the grain of fabric: Cut the cloth on the bias.

A preference or an inclination, especially one that inhibits impartial judgment.
An unfair act or policy stemming from prejudice.
A statistical sampling or testing error caused by systematically favoring some outcomes over others.
Sports.
A weight or irregularity in a ball that causes it to swerve, as in lawn bowling.
The tendency of such a ball to swerve.
The fixed voltage applied to an electrode.

Return to Top
#496832 - 02/10/06 04:32 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

And I was not referring to: To influence in a particular, typically unfair direction; prejudice. defenition if biased. It was to prove that Steve and his type are the error.

Return to Top
#496833 - 02/10/06 04:32 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Quote:

Still waiting for an answer.

Return to Top
#496834 - 02/10/06 04:33 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

So does that mean the Republicans were in error when they disagreed with Clinton?

Return to Top
#496835 - 02/10/06 04:34 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

translation: we are going down swinging. nobody is going to mess with "my man" without a fight. if something bad is said about him i will assume the poll is biased (take notes ) and must not be accurate.

Ron, I am not saying that at all. I am purely stating that in sampleing, if you want to be taken seriously, you have to quanlify your sample.

Return to Top
#496836 - 02/10/06 04:34 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
I just got this hilarious mental picture of President Bush as the old man in the Monty Python "Bring out your dead" routine...."I'm getting better! I think I'll go fix Medicare!" "Oh stop it! You're not fooling anybody."

Return to Top
#496837 - 02/10/06 04:35 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Still waiting for an answer.

Because (correct me if I'm wrong) that isn't what he wanted to discuss. If you want to discuss congress then perhaps you should start your own thread.

Return to Top
#496838 - 02/10/06 04:35 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

SH, you will not get an answer. The libs on this site would rather hate Bush then recognize his long term thinking.

Return to Top
#496839 - 02/10/06 04:36 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

actually, rusty wallace, you said "a bias failure". if you used the 3rd definition you should've said "steven had a bias failure". but, no, instead you used bias as an adjective describing failure. guess that ice cold budweiser and wrangler jeans are soaking into your brain. (seriously, i would just give up. this is sport for me)

Return to Top
#496840 - 02/10/06 04:37 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

SH, you will not get an answer. The libs on this site would rather hate Bush then recognize his long term thinking.

actually we DO recognize his long term thinking.

Return to Top
#496841 - 02/10/06 04:37 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

actually, rusty wallace, you said "a bias failure". if you used the 3rd definition you should've said "steven had a bias failure". but, no, instead you used bias as an adjective describing failure. guess that ice cold budweiser and wrangler jeans are soaking into your brain. (seriously, i would just give up. this is sport for me)

Now that's funny. No one can say Ron's a failure at slamming people.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5