Unregistered

My bad. Make the punishment swift.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#496893 - 02/13/06 03:27 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Often a leader must make decisions that are unpopular, but are the right thing to do.

Like invade Iraq for example. Those WMDs likely would've been launched were it not for us protecting our oil interests.

Return to Top
#496894 - 02/13/06 03:28 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Often a leader must make decisions that are unpopular, but are the right thing to do.

Like invade Iraq for example. Those WMDs likely would've been launched were it not for us protecting our oil interests.

That is the kind of short term thinking that our country needs.

Return to Top
#496895 - 02/13/06 03:30 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

My comment was not about anything Bush did or did not do, my comment was about polls. Thanks for politicizing my apolitical comment with a political line of thinking that is only supported by the far left. Do you answer polls?

Return to Top
#496896 - 02/13/06 03:31 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I've seen no proof of long term thinking from Bush.

Return to Top
#496897 - 02/13/06 03:31 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But it was the right thing to do. Bush is a good christian purporting to be on a mission from God. Of course it was the right thing.

Return to Top
#496898 - 02/13/06 03:32 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Do you answer polls?

I sure do and I'm not even disabled, unemployed or a complete loser like you posited most respondants are.

Return to Top
#496899 - 02/13/06 03:33 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My comment was not about anything Bush did or did not do, my comment was about polls. Thanks for politicizing my apolitical comment with a political line of thinking that is only supported by the far left. Do you answer polls?

No I don't answer polls. But you made a hypothetical and I simply applied your logic to the facts. Does that hurt? Does it sting?

Return to Top
#496900 - 02/13/06 03:47 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No I don't answer polls. But you made a hypothetical and I simply applied your logic to the facts. Does that hurt? Does it sting?

No, however, what may sting you is that I made a comment about leadership, not a hypothetical. Secondly, you purport that you applied my logic to the "facts." Well, my logic is merely my opinion. Whether my opinion on leadership is supported or unsupported by anything, it remains merely my opinion. You, on the other hand, purport that your comments are facts. Please link me to the official report supporting these facts. I am shocked that I have no knowledge of these findings. Shocked! (Or are your "facts", like my opinions, just out of your own head?) Thanks.
Last edited by zaibatsu; 02/13/06 03:49 PM.

Return to Top
#496901 - 02/13/06 03:49 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Long term thinking usually comes in "long term" and not the now. I have seen many instances of his long term thinking. How about the surrounding of Iran. Control of the middle east, etc. But you may not see that because you are blinded.

I for one do not think Bush has done everything right. Nor do I think he has done everything wrong. The fact of the matter is that he has been a pretty good president. Not the best, and not the worst. Remember how disliked Kennedy was? No, you probably don't.

Return to Top
#496902 - 02/13/06 03:50 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am with you Z. I think this guy (Ron???) is just a pawn of the media.

Return to Top
#496903 - 02/13/06 03:53 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Long term thinking usually comes in "long term" and not the now. I have seen many instances of his long term thinking. How about the surrounding of Iran. Control of the middle east, etc. But you may not see that because you are blinded.

I for one do not think Bush has done everything right. Nor do I think he has done everything wrong. The fact of the matter is that he has been a pretty good president. Not the best, and not the worst. Remember how disliked Kennedy was? No, you probably don't.

Which anon are you talking to? I don't remember how much Kennedy was disliked, but I am at a loss to put a finger on what his administration did for him to deserve his popularity. I think Robert Kennedy would have made a better president that John if only he'd not been shot.

Return to Top
#496904 - 02/13/06 03:56 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Which anon are you talking to? I don't remember how much Kennedy was disliked, but I am at a loss to put a finger on what his administration did for him to deserve his popularity. I think Robert Kennedy would have made a better president that John if only he'd not been shot.

Getting shot was the best thing that happened to his presidency. It idealized the Camelot image and made him a martyr. Had he finished his term I think history would have ranked him as a mediocre leader.

Return to Top
#496905 - 02/13/06 03:59 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, however, what may sting you is that I made a comment about leadership, not a hypothetical. Secondly, you purport that you applied my logic to the "facts." Well, my logic is merely my opinion. Whether my opinion on leadership is supported or unsupported by anything, it remains merely my opinion. You, on the other hand, purport that your comments are facts. Please link me to the official report supporting these facts. I am shocked that I have no knowledge of these findings. Shocked! (Or are your "facts", like my opinions, just out of your own head?) Thanks.

Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed you meant the president in a thread titled "Bush is a failure" when you referred to "leadership". Sorry too that I asserted an opinion (not necessarily mine) as to the real reason for going to war with Iraq rather than the right decision that had to be made in that regard.

Return to Top
#496906 - 02/13/06 04:19 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed you meant the president in a thread titled "Bush is a failure" when you referred to "leadership". Sorry too that I asserted an opinion (not necessarily mine) as to the real reason for going to war with Iraq rather than the right decision that had to be made in that regard.

OK, now that we know you are sorry and that your were wrong in your assumptions, you want to address my real intention:

1. Who takes these polls? The unemployed? The disabled? The retired? Those with an axe to grind? Those people who have dozens of political bumper stickers on their car? Political activists? The bored? The lonely? You? Me? (As to "me" the answer is "no.")

2. A leader's unpopularity sometimes is not necessarily a bad thing.

Return to Top
#496907 - 02/13/06 04:27 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

i agree with your other pints, z-man. i have never taken a poll. BUT i also don't find information from pollsters suspect simply because it disagrees with "my man". i believe that pollsters try to make their polls as scientific and credible as possible.

i totally agree that unpopularity is necessarily a bad thing... just don't say that with bushie-poo. i think his unpopularity IS warranted. (unless you favor the GOP, then you don't even believe he is unpopular and anything suggesting that he is is suspect and contrived by communists)

Return to Top
#496908 - 02/13/06 04:32 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Sorry too that I asserted an opinion (not necessarily mine) as to the real reason for going to war with Iraq rather than the right decision that had to be made in that regard.

No, you asserted something as a fact. And as to your sarcastic comment about the "right" decision, you need to take off your biased glasses when you read posts here. Nowhere did I say anything about a "right" decision, I merely pointed out that when you applied my opinions to your "facts," your facts weren't proven facts at all. If ever it is proven that this administration fought this war solely for oil, the entire nation right, left, and center will turn against this president. And rightly so!

I actually had no intention of making a comment at all about the war or this president. Care to make a comment about my opinion on polls? Who takes them? Is unpopularity always a bad thing? Someone with the strength of character to make what they believe is the right decision, despite popular opinion, is what it takes to be a leader. (BTW: I am not talking about the war or Bush.)

Return to Top
#496909 - 02/13/06 04:37 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

i believe that pollsters try to make their polls as scientific and credible as possible.

You really believe this? Have you ever read the way some of these questions read? If this is their best effort for scientific and credible, they often fail. Maybe there are some pollsters who are more credible than others. I've read many poll questions that are ridiculous.

Return to Top
#496910 - 02/13/06 04:42 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry too that I asserted an opinion (not necessarily mine) as to the real reason for going to war with Iraq rather than the right decision that had to be made in that regard.

No, you asserted something as a fact. And as to your sarcastic comment about the "right" decision, you need to take off your biased glasses when you read posts here. Nowhere did I say anything about a "right" decision, I merely pointed out that when you applied my opinions to your "facts," your facts weren't proven facts at all. If ever it is proven that this administration fought this war solely for oil, the entire nation right, left, and center will turn against this president. And rightly so!

I actually had no intention of making a comment at all about the war or this president. Care to make a comment about my opinion on polls? Who takes them? Is unpopularity always a bad thing? Someone with the strength of character to make what they believe is the right decision, despite popular opinion, is what it takes to be a leader. (BTW: I am not talking about the war or Bush.)

the emphasis was mine. i was pointing out that "right" is relative.

i did just respond to your other issues.

Return to Top
#496911 - 02/13/06 04:44 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

i believe that pollsters try to make their polls as scientific and credible as possible.

You really believe this? Have you ever read the way some of these questions read? If this is their best effort for scientific and credible, they often fail. Maybe there are some pollsters who are more credible than others. I've read many poll questions that are ridiculous.

like i said before, i have never been polled, but the opening post contained the questions did it not? seemed pretty straightforward to me.

Return to Top
#496912 - 02/13/06 04:51 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Just in case it's needed, go to THE BUSH CONSPIRACY THEORY GENERATOR. Some people want to blame W for everything, so they may as well just make stuff up.

Return to Top
#496913 - 02/13/06 05:07 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Just in case it's needed, go to THE BUSH CONSPIRACY THEORY GENERATOR. Some people want to blame W for everything, so they may as well just make stuff up.

i know! geez! he had nothing to do with the iraq war or the appurtenant budget and fiscal consequences.

Return to Top
#496914 - 02/13/06 05:09 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

like i said before, i have never been polled, but the opening post contained the questions did it not? seemed pretty straightforward to me.

I just read them. Read with a little scrutiny, they don't all hold up as unbiased.

Return to Top
#496915 - 02/13/06 05:12 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I just read them. Read with a little scrutiny, they don't all hold up as unbiased.

but at the same time, they were not leading questions either.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5