Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#496842 - 02/10/06 04:41 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Actually depending upon the poller it is entirely possible that only a certain region of the country was polled. It is unlikely that AP actually did the polling, but wrote the article. But with statistics like this it seems very likely that only one segment was polled. Especially since the article did not state that it was an entirely random poll based on a national audience.

translation: we are going down swinging. nobody is going to mess with "my man" without a fight. if something bad is said about him i will assume the poll is biased (take notes ) and must not be accurate.

Ron, I am not saying that at all. I am purely stating that in sampleing, if you want to be taken seriously, you have to quanlify your sample.

fair enough. it is probably oversight on my part to believe that a professional polling organization would do everything in its power to make unbiased polls because that is their business and if they make skewed polls they will certainly hurt their revenue stream as it will hurt their credibility as an organization. but otherwise i think you are correct

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#496843 - 02/10/06 04:48 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

No see Ron, you think that a law degree makes you an expert on my language. It does not. I was referring to him as the Bias. See when I say "he is a bias failure. I am pointing out that he is the bias not is bias and is a failure. So I do not know how this makes me a NASCAR fan (which I am not). It means you think you know rhetoric. Keep posting at your pseudo job Ron. You have proven to all of us that you are much better than we will ever be.

Return to Top
#496844 - 02/10/06 04:56 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Steve1950 is a bias failure himself

you did say this, right? if you truly meant that, wouldn't that mean that steven failed to state a bias? just checking. just give up.

and it's friday, chump, lighten up. i haven't posted much in a while and i was getting antsy.

Return to Top
#496845 - 02/10/06 04:57 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

To illustrate Steve's bias (lol) http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/19/AR2005121900924.html

His article is way different than this one. Not the dates, but note the () on Steve's.

Return to Top
#496846 - 02/10/06 05:04 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Steve1950 is a bias failure himself

you did say this, right? if you truly meant that, wouldn't that mean that steven failed to state a bias? just checking. just give up.

and it's friday, chump, lighten up. i haven't posted much in a while and i was getting antsy.

Maybe he just means that he doesn't believe that Steven is a very good seamstress and has never been able to cut across the bias? Just a thought.

Suzy

Return to Top
#496847 - 02/10/06 05:09 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
So, what's your point?

Return to Top
#496848 - 02/10/06 05:10 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
X, are those really your shoes?

Return to Top
#496849 - 02/10/06 05:16 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

So, what's your point?

exie-poo, read through the whole thread and you'll be able to piece it together.

Return to Top
#496850 - 02/10/06 05:25 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

It seems a little odd to me that most of the posts that disagree with the AP-Ipsos poll in support of Bush are "unregistered." If you're going to demonize the poll and me, then at least register and post so we all know who you are. Also, I don't think one can criticize the AP-Ipsos poll's numbers and laud the Fox News poll numbers. We all know that Fox News is not unbiased.

We also all know that you are a flaming liberal but whose complaining? And I mean flaming liberal!

Return to Top
#496851 - 02/10/06 05:30 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Quote:

Jealous?

Return to Top
#496852 - 02/10/06 05:32 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Quote:

Quote:

So, what's your point?

exie-poo, read through the whole thread and you'll be able to piece it together.

I'll say this one more time, Buckwheat - I don't read through stuff, I either ask for the point or make a point with no other input of any value. Actually, only my point is ever of any value.

Return to Top
#496853 - 02/10/06 05:37 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anytime you have these kind of threads you will always have a lot of UNREGISTERED opinions! People do not like to be verbally attacked for expressing their views! Afterall, aren't polls anonymous?

Return to Top
#496854 - 02/10/06 06:04 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Quote:

Jealous?

Nah, I think they are tacky. JMHO.

Return to Top
#496855 - 02/10/06 06:11 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
I find it interesting when someone (in this case Steve1950) starts a thread with as biased a title as "Bush is a Failure", and then seem to be surprised when it draws equally biased responses.

Steve - I might have taken this a little more seriously if you were willing to discuss what President Bush had failed at instead of a blanket statement. The name of the thread implies that you think everything this President does is wrong, a position that the democrats seem to have embraced and are now unwavering on.

If you want to have a productive discussion, get into the specifics. Otherwise, all you will get is biased rhetoric from the left and the right, which we have seen plenty of in other threads.

Return to Top
#496856 - 02/10/06 06:17 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

If you want to have a productive discussion, get into the specifics. Otherwise, all you will get is biased rhetoric from the left and the right, which we have seen plenty of in other threads.

Right, because the BOL Cooler discussions on specific issues have never, ever devolved into biased rhetoric from the left and the right.

Return to Top
#496857 - 02/10/06 06:30 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
Actually, that was exactly my point. Why start a thread that is just going go give us more of the same? We all know that Steve doesn't care for President Bush. We all know who is going to fall on which side of insulting or defending the President. Unless someone want to discuss a specific topic (i.e. President Bush is failing to control federal spending and giving us a deficit that will be difficult to eliminate), then why bother?

Return to Top
#496858 - 02/10/06 06:50 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Quote:

Quote:

Right, because the BOL Cooler discussions on specific issues have never, ever devolved into biased rhetoric from the left and the right.

I still like the idea of numbering our arguments to conserve space and time.

Steven1950: "Left - A174"
X: "Buckwheat! Right - P963"
Ron: "Slightly off topic ramble . . . Left B23"
J: "Ron said:
Quote:

"Slightly off topic ramble . . . Left B23"

Federalism Q104"

Return to Top
#496859 - 02/10/06 06:59 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

LMAO!

Return to Top
#496860 - 02/10/06 07:03 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
When did he become able to think in the long term?

Return to Top
#496861 - 02/10/06 07:13 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
When did he become able to think??

Return to Top
#496862 - 02/10/06 08:05 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I still like the idea of numbering our arguments to conserve space and time.

Steven1950: "Left - A174"
X: "Buckwheat! Right - P963"
Ron: "Slightly off topic ramble . . . Left B23"
J: "Ron said:
Quote:

"Slightly off topic ramble . . . Left B23"

Federalism Q104"

"You sunk my battleship!"

Return to Top
#496863 - 02/10/06 08:41 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
That's because we conservatives know how to hit what we aim at!

Return to Top
#496864 - 02/10/06 08:44 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Alien Offline
Platinum Poster
Mexifornia
What's a Poll? Does it add to my paycheck? Hey, I heard the CA Legislature's approval rating is between 25%-27% every year - do they lose their job? No. They all get re-elected. Same with Congress.

WTF is a Poll anyway and what effect does it have on anything?

Return to Top
#496865 - 02/10/06 08:53 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

slightly off topic ramble my arse! i know you were joking by way of a stereotype/misconception about me but that just feeds into the stereotype...

...otherwise that was a funny post

Return to Top
#496866 - 02/10/06 08:53 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

That's because we conservatives know how to hit what we aim at!

A skill that, when combined with the pseudo-tough guy 'invade first, determine a strategy later' policy, leads to years of wacky hijinks.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5