Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#496867 - 02/10/06 09:03 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought that it was the conservatives responding to this thread that refused to address the content of the poll and rather took up arms against polls in general. Seems like that's the conservative's way of dealing with issues. If the content is accurate, steer the argument to something else and argue that.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#496868 - 02/10/06 09:03 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Quote:

What's a Poll? Does it add to my paycheck? Hey, I heard the CA Legislature's approval rating is between 25%-27% every year - do they lose their job? No. They all get re-elected. Same with Congress.

WTF is a Poll anyway and what effect does it have on anything?

This is because of gerrymandered districts where the congressmen choose their voters rather than the other way around.

Return to Top
#496869 - 02/10/06 09:03 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Quote:

What's a Poll? Does it add to my paycheck? Hey, I heard the CA Legislature's approval rating is between 25%-27% every year - do they lose their job? No. They all get re-elected. Same with Congress.

WTF is a Poll anyway and what effect does it have on anything?

Right on, Alien - you know, Bush is not running for re-election and one would hope that he would pursue some unpopular things, like immigration and SS reform to at least stir things up in both parties. President's that start acting like Statemen versus politicians do become unpopular in some circles. But, Bush is our President and will be for a few more years so the poster of this thread can eat cake.

Return to Top
#496870 - 02/10/06 09:10 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want some cake.

Return to Top
#496871 - 02/10/06 09:13 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Master_shakE Offline
Gold Star
Master_shakE
TeXaS - - YeeHaW!!
Quote:

I want some cake.

mmm

Return to Top
#496872 - 02/10/06 09:57 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
{quote]Right on, Alien - you know, Bush is not running for re-election

And, now, there is a relief... He's a rhinestone cowboy.

Return to Top
#496873 - 02/10/06 10:07 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Peepers Offline
10K Club
There's still Jeb.

Return to Top
#496874 - 02/10/06 10:14 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
I think someone mentioned cake...

Return to Top
#496875 - 02/10/06 10:31 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Quote:

There's still Jeb.

Wasn't he in that television series in the 60's? Good ol' uncle Jeb, had a daughter name Ellie Mae, lived in Beverly Hills and a son named Jethro!

Return to Top
#496876 - 02/10/06 10:44 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
You know, Devil Queen, you are the only old time Queen that has not left the cooler - is it not time to move on to the private area? You know, the liberal cooler would all the old Queens go?

Return to Top
#496877 - 02/10/06 10:48 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

You know, Devil Queen, you are the only old time Queen that has not left the cooler - is it not time to move on to the private area? You know, the liberal cooler would all the old Queens go?

I concur. Take yo stinky rear to the private coola!

Return to Top
#496878 - 02/10/06 10:55 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
There's a private cooler?

Return to Top
#496879 - 02/10/06 10:55 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Quote:

Not only shoule she stay, but DQ you really need to find Crayola Girl and bring her back...

Return to Top
#496880 - 02/10/06 10:56 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Quote:

That's just what they want you to think...

Return to Top
#496881 - 02/10/06 11:01 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

That's just what they want you to think...

These are not the droids you're looking for.

Return to Top
#496882 - 02/10/06 11:38 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damnit Luke, why do you have to have such a piece of junk speeder? If you didn't live out in the middle of nowhere and your father didn't go crazy, we wouldn't be in this situation. Why didn't I give you to some people that had some money instead of your good for nothing Uncle Owen!

Return to Top
#496883 - 02/11/06 02:00 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

You know, that sentence made absolutely no sense...

"the liberal cooler would all the old Queens go?" Uh... huh????? Duh.

Return to Top
#496884 - 02/11/06 05:00 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
You got the message, Queenie!

Return to Top
#496885 - 02/11/06 05:01 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some Democrats Are Sensing Missed Opportunities - February 7, 2006

By Adam Nagourney & Sheryl Gay Stolberg - The New York Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/08/politi...agewanted=print

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Democrats In Disarray - September 27, 2005

By E. J. Dionne Jr. - The Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/26/AR2005092601462.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Democrats in Disarray - September 8, 2004

By Tony Blankley - The Washington Times

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20040907-095329-3380r.htm

Editorial: 2004 looms larger: With Democrats in disarray and Bush's numbers in decline, the choices of Iowans grow in importance. - August 9, 2003

By The DesMoines Register Editorial Board

http://desmoinesregister.com/opinion/stories/c2125555/21954389.html

Democrats in Disarray - November 7, 2002

by The St. Peterburg Times Editorial Staff

Democrats should insist on new leaders who will reassert their party's traditional values and rebuild their tattered political operations.

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/11/07/Opinion/Democrats_in_disarray.shtml
______

In the midst of all the FAKE Polls and FAKE News lives reality.

Return to Top
#496886 - 02/12/06 12:55 AM Re: Bush is a Failure
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw

Whigs in retreat as Polk loses re-election bid

Return to Top
#496887 - 02/12/06 05:19 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also, who's winning in OZ, strawman? I'm hoping for you that they let people without a brain vote.

Return to Top
#496888 - 02/13/06 02:49 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Whigs in retreat as Polk loses re-election bid

Quite possibly the funniest post thus far in 2006.

Return to Top
#496889 - 02/13/06 03:19 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Who answers polls? I am not sure. I get calls from pollsters occasionally, but I don't think I have ever answered one. Who answers them? I assume people who either have the time or have an axe to grind. Some groups of people I can think of who might have the time to answer polls are the disabled, the retired, the unemployed. I really don't see how polls can possibly be representative. Further, how can we know how many people lie on their answers. I have listened to talk radio and TV where a caller will say they are DEM or REP and then rip on a politician of their own party--only to be "outed" by the talk show host as having lied about their party affiliation. These people have an axe to grind and want to make it sound like members of the politicians own party want to disown him.

Another thing I don't like about polls is that they are about popularity. Often a leader must make decisions that are unpopular, but are the right thing to do. If a leader, and the voters he serves, are only concerned about the leader's popularity, then the leader leads his constituents to he!! in a handbasket.
Last edited by zaibatsu; 02/13/06 03:21 PM.

Return to Top
#496890 - 02/13/06 03:21 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Who answers polls? I am not sure. I get calls from pollsters occasionally, but I don't think I have ever answered one. Who answers them? I assume people who either have the time or have an axe to grind. Some groups of people I can think of who might have the time to answer polls are the disabled, the retired, the unemployed. I really don't see how polls can possibly be representative. Further, how can we know how many people lie on their answers. I have listened to talk radio and TV where a caller will say they are DEM or REP and then rip on a politician of their own party--only to be "outed" by the talk show host as having lied about their party affiliation.

Another thing I don't like about polls is that they are about popularity. Often a leader must make decisions that are unpopular, but are the right thing to do. If a leader, and the voters he serves, are only concerned about the leader's popularity, then the leader leads his constituents to he!! in a handbasket.

So sayeth the Z.

Return to Top
#496891 - 02/13/06 03:24 PM Re: Bush is a Failure
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Who answers polls? I am not sure. I get calls from pollsters occasionally, but I don't think I have ever answered one. Who answers them? I assume people who either have the time or have an axe to grind. Some groups of people I can think of who might have the time to answer polls are the disabled, the retired, the unemployed. I really don't see how polls can possibly be representative. Further, how can we know how many people lie on their answers. I have listened to talk radio and TV where a caller will say they are DEM or REP and then rip on a politician of their own party--only to be "outed" by the talk show host as having lied about their party affiliation.

So sayeth the Z.

I beg your pardon, I think you meant to say: So sayeth THE GREAT AND POWERFUL Z!

Gee, you'd think when I issued the edict that you must address me as THE GREAT AND POWERFUL Z or suffer a swift death, you'd get the picture. I may have to add being peppered with buckshot by Dick Cheney to the punishment.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5