Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
Thread Options
#497957 - 02/13/06 10:10 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Is your mom typing your posts because obviously you don't know how to read?

I don't know why the anon thought you were calling people stupid.

He brought that upon himself with his lies. Plus, illiterate and stupid are not the same thing.
Last edited by zaibatsu; 02/13/06 10:16 PM.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#497958 - 02/13/06 10:13 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Armstrong said Whittington went to retrieve a bird he shot while Cheney and a third hunter, whom she would not identify, walked to another spot and discovered a second covey of quail.

Whittington "came up from behind the vice president and the other hunter and didn't signal them or indicate to them or announce himself," said Armstrong.

"The vice president didn't see him," she said. "The covey flushed and the vice president picked out a bird and was following it and shot. And by god, Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good."

Return to Top
#497959 - 02/13/06 10:18 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

i got ya but as suzy pointed out, why is this an issue: why are cheney's handlers not talking about the accident but instead are talking about cheney's lack of culpability. is this political subterfuge? that's more of what i am curious about. and therefore, i am simply trying to point out unscrupulous activities of the administraion which serves my purposes.

Hmm, Ron, but only us people to the right are discussing this issue with bias.

Return to Top
#497960 - 02/13/06 10:18 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Quote:

"The covey flushed and the vice president picked out a bird and was following it and shot. And by god, Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good."

But did he get the bird??
Last edited by Love Monkey; 02/13/06 10:20 PM.

Return to Top
#497961 - 02/13/06 10:26 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

"The covey flushed and the vice president picked out a bird and was following it and shot. And by god, Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good."

But did he get the bird??

I thought Harry was the bird.

Return to Top
#497962 - 02/13/06 10:26 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
steven1950 Offline
Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
Hard to believe, but Cheney actually makes Spiro and Quayle look good.

Return to Top
#497963 - 02/13/06 10:28 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Quote:

U gotta B kidding.

Return to Top
#497964 - 02/13/06 10:29 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Don't forget Gore. Gore was an absolute tool, much like Steve.

Return to Top
#497965 - 02/13/06 10:30 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
You know, accidents will happen - but this one had a good outcome - now, look at the Kennedy accident - result was death.

Return to Top
#497966 - 02/13/06 10:41 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Name one thing you think Quayle did wrong while VP. Other than trusting one of our public schools' finest to spell potato correctly. Everyone seems to have forgotten that the potatoe spelling was from a teacher's flash card. YIKES!

Return to Top
#497967 - 02/13/06 11:30 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quayle was an I D I O T. He is the reason I registered to vote, and of course, I didn't vote for him.

Return to Top
#497968 - 02/14/06 12:22 AM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Quote:

kneejerk defense of this guy

Quote:

GOP Flo Nightengales are so quick to come to the aid of their puppetmaster

Quote:

cheney is still evil regardless of his role in the accident.

Quote:

i am simply trying to point out unscrupulous activities of the administraion which serves my purposes.

Tell me again who has the agenda here?
Last edited by rainman; 02/14/06 12:23 AM.

Return to Top
#497969 - 02/14/06 02:57 AM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quayle was an I D I O T. He is the reason I registered to vote, and of course, I didn't vote for him.

At least he played one on TV. How do you know he was an idiot? Do you believe everything you hear and read? The man may not be the most adept at public appearances, but he is far from an idiot and served his state well for many years.

Return to Top
#497970 - 02/14/06 03:38 AM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Here is one opinion that says Cheney broke a hunting rule:

Vice President Dick Cheney apparently broke the No. 1 rule of hunting: Be sure of what you're shooting at. He also violated Texas game law by failing to buy a hunting stamp.

Cheney wounded fellow hunter Harry Whittington in the face, neck and chest Saturday, apparently because he didn't see Whittington approaching as he fired on a covey of quail in Texas.

Hunting safety experts interviewed Monday agreed it would have been a good idea for Whittington to announce himself — something he apparently didn't do, according to a witness. But they stressed that the shooter is responsible for avoiding other people.

"It's incumbent upon the shooter to assess the situation and make sure it's a safe shot," said Mark Birkhauser, president-elect of the International Hunter Education Association and hunter education coordinator in New Mexico. "Once you squeeze that trigger, you can't bring that shot back."

Return to Top
#497971 - 02/14/06 03:41 AM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I don't know anything about hunting with a shot gun. Please explain how, if Harry was coming up behind him, did Cheney hit him with pellets in the face? Wouldn't the pellets shoot out forward?

Return to Top
#497972 - 02/14/06 02:19 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

kneejerk defense of this guy

Quote:

GOP Flo Nightengales are so quick to come to the aid of their puppetmaster

Quote:

cheney is still evil regardless of his role in the accident.

Quote:

i am simply trying to point out unscrupulous activities of the administraion which serves my purposes.

Tell me again who has the agenda here?

i totally do
you guys just added fuel to my fire by defending the sith lord.

Return to Top
#497973 - 02/14/06 02:24 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

I don't know anything about hunting with a shot gun. Please explain how, if Harry was coming up behind him, did Cheney hit him with pellets in the face? Wouldn't the pellets shoot out forward?

Maybe he used the gun Oswald used to shoot Kennedy.

Return to Top
#497974 - 02/14/06 02:25 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

That is a good question. But, apparently, he was wearing a jacket that is the color of Texas quail: dayglo orange.

Return to Top
#497975 - 02/14/06 02:29 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
Why are we complaining? He shot a lawyer, not a cute little bunny wabit...

No offense to anyone on here...

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#497976 - 02/14/06 02:31 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
I still find this story incredibly humorous. You would think Harry would have been killed the way everyone is talking about it! Surely there are more important things going on in the world the media could cover. Although, everyone needs a good laugh every now and then!

Return to Top
#497977 - 02/14/06 02:39 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

I still find this story incredibly humorous. You would think Harry would have been killed the way everyone is talking about it! Surely there are more important things going on in the world the media could cover. Although, everyone needs a good laugh every now and then!

Yeah, this is really about as newsworthy as if Cheney were following too closely in his car (tailgating) and had a rear end collision that caused minor injuries to the person who was driving the car Cheney rear ended. The difference is that almost everyone drives and realizes how easily something like that can happen. What most people don't realize is that driving a car is much more dangerous and much more deadly than going quail hunting (except maybe if Cheney is in your hunting party ).

Return to Top
#497978 - 02/14/06 02:40 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Quote:

I'm sure there are those that are dissapointed the lawyer survived. It would have fit better with the "the Bushie Regime is Evil" agenda.

Return to Top
#497979 - 02/14/06 03:33 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I'm sure there are those that are dissapointed the lawyer survived. It would have fit better with the "the Bushie Regime is Evil" agenda.

do you think anybody on the hunting party could've died this way? the only way to kill anyone in the "regime" is to throw them down a man made death star cavern a la Return of the Jedi

Return to Top
#497980 - 02/14/06 03:44 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Pirate Offline
Diamond Poster
Pirate
Florida
Maybe not so much evil, but it sure raises questions as to their accuracy.

Return to Top
#497981 - 02/14/06 03:47 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not all that bothered by the whole thing. However, the one thing that does bother me is that all of the Republican pundits are raging that the liberals are critical of the event. If the shoe was on the other foot what would they be doing?

Return to Top
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13