BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Thread Options
#497982 - 02/14/06 04:02 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I'm not all that bothered by the whole thing. However, the one thing that does bother me is that all of the Republican pundits are raging that the liberals are critical of the event. If the shoe was on the other foot what would they be doing?

i am certainly critical of republicans but i don't see myself as a kerry or kennedy democrat. however, i was never critical of this event at all. i think you lose credibility if you make an issue out of this kind of thing (as well as oval office cigars )

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#497983 - 02/14/06 04:12 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

I'm not all that bothered by the whole thing. However, the one thing that does bother me is that all of the Republican pundits are raging that the liberals are critical of the event. If the shoe was on the other foot what would they be doing?

Where have Republican pundits been "raging that the liberals are critical of the event"? I don't watch the Republican pundits. Can you direct me to a website link?

If that's true, maybe its because liberal pundits are trying to make some big deal about every detail of this story. I both sides are playing a role in the hyperbole, but the Republicans seemed to be trying to downplay it until they were put on the defensive. Maybe they are overplaying their defense of Cheney. I really haven't been watching the news on it other than to read a couple of articles.

My criticism has only been that some have jumped to conclusions that Cheney was in the wrong and others somehow connect this accident to everything they dislike about the administration (Ron, I'm talking about you). Even if they find that Cheney was in the wrong, it is about as newsworthy as finding Cheney was negligent in a car accident because he didn't see the car coming when he merged into traffic on the highway--both equally dangerous and involving dangerous instruments, but neither particularly evil.

Return to Top
#497984 - 02/14/06 04:21 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

My criticism has only been that some have jumped to conclusions that Cheney was in the wrong and others somehow connect this accident to everything they dislike about the administration (Ron, I'm talking about you).

easy sport! my post is the one right before the one i am quoting from. my connection was only that the no-fault defense and solidarity i was perceiving was too politcal in that they have something to hide in general(not about this event) and are trying too hard to play the game of politics. this whole story is a non-event to me but when the GOP paramedics are rushing to his aid i smell blood in the water and the similarities to this type of "don't ever assume we could be wrong" with other things i have perceived with their regime prevent me from passing up the opportunity to comment on their conduct in general.

Return to Top
#497985 - 02/14/06 04:22 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think that what's most news-worthy is how the administration handled the release of the news.

Return to Top
#497986 - 02/14/06 05:03 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I think that what's most news-worthy is how the administration handled the release of the news.

How they handled it? Gee, they gave it time to get some facts before they said anything? They gave the property owner first crack at a statement? They didn't spend their time on such an inconsequential event when there are far more important things for the administration to concentrate on?

If the administration had spent half as much time as their opponents on this, then I'd be upset, because frankly this is a complete red herring and a waste of news space.

Return to Top
#497987 - 02/14/06 07:28 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
I might be willing to buy some of the criticism for the delay in notifying someone if the administration or the VP hadn't notified anyone. However, they notified the sheriff right away so an investigation could be completed.

The press is mad because the administration didn't do the press' job for them. If someone had "uncovered" the story, and then the administration had tried to cover it up, the outcry might make sense. In this case, they notified the details that had been confirmed.

As others have said, this should really be a non-story.

Return to Top
#497988 - 02/14/06 08:02 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
It is now newsworthy. The attorney who was shot had a heart attack. The news is now out that pellets penetrated his heart. Wow! If the guy dies, will Cheney be indicted for negligent homicide?

Return to Top
#497989 - 02/14/06 08:03 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

It is now newsworthy. The attorney who was shot had a heart attack. The news is now out that pellets penetrated his heart. Wow! If the guy dies, will Cheney be indicted for negligent homicide?

Why would he? Wasn't it the lawyer's fault?

Return to Top
#497990 - 02/14/06 08:14 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Well, we don't know now do we?

Return to Top
#497991 - 02/14/06 08:16 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, we don't know now do we?

I know. I wouldn't dare to speak for you.

Return to Top
#497992 - 02/14/06 08:16 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

is the whole cover-up a modern day hamilton/burr scenario like i have suspected all along?

Return to Top
#497993 - 02/14/06 08:22 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

a duel, mon ami?

Return to Top
#497994 - 02/14/06 08:22 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

or dare I say it, murder?

Return to Top
#497995 - 02/14/06 08:25 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

actually i am rethinking the duel idea though. the lawyer would have a gun and walk the requisite paces then cheney would shoot that lightening stuff out of his fingers and say things like "good. GOOD." and "I feel your anger". not much of a chance for the poor lawyer.

Return to Top
#497996 - 02/14/06 08:31 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Pirate Offline
Diamond Poster
Pirate
Florida
I think someone's already come up with a flash game parody of Duck Hunt called: Dick Hunt. If someone could throw me a link, I'd appreciate it.

Return to Top
#497997 - 02/14/06 08:38 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gee Unregistered, how do you work your teller station while making all these posts?

Return to Top
#497998 - 02/14/06 08:46 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Gee Unregistered, how do you work your teller station while making all these posts?

wow! that was a effective as your "Steven is from SanFran so he is gay" posts. notice how you are also unreg? hmmmm?
plus i don't even know which unreg you were referring to. for all i know you could be talking to yourself in the thread which would be quite humorous but also quite sad at the same time.

Return to Top
#497999 - 02/14/06 09:04 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did you ever look at the bottom of the page. Right now it says there are 67 unregistered posters browsing this forum. It cracks me up when people think there is only person talking.

Return to Top
#498000 - 02/14/06 09:09 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

who am i why am i here

Return to Top
#498001 - 02/15/06 08:28 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

truth may be that cheney shot whittington to send a message to scooter libby not to betray him in the other investigation and whittington went along knowing he wouldnt be hurt too bad but i think cheney was drunk and everyone is trying to cover thisup

Return to Top
#498002 - 02/15/06 09:14 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
In a just concluded interview with Brit Hume on Fox News, VP Cheney takes full responsibility for the accidental shooting of his close friend of 30+ years, Harry Whittington. "Ultimately, I'm the guy who pulled the trigger that fired the round that hit Harry", Cheney said."The image of him falling is something that I will never be able to forget."

I'm sick of the White House Press Corps, particularly the NBC correspondent David Gregory, playing this way out of proportion. Hardly anyone has stopped and mentioned the personal pain, grief, and feelings that the VP has gone through. Hopefully Mr. Whittington will fully recover and we can concentrate on IMPORTANT world and domestic issues facing the USA.

Return to Top
#498003 - 02/15/06 09:17 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I'm sick of the White House Press Corps, particularly the NBC correspondent David Gregory, playing this way out of proportion.

This goes on in every administration. Get used to it or start watching re-runs of Seinfeld instead of the news.

Return to Top
#498004 - 02/15/06 09:20 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

omg...if this had happened to a dem you rep would have had a field day, why does it have to be them and us all the time????...dont we live in the same country and want the same things???...just makes me shake my head

Return to Top
#498005 - 02/15/06 09:21 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

Quote:

I'm sick of the White House Press Corps, particularly the NBC correspondent David Gregory, playing this way out of proportion.

This goes on in every administration. Get used to it or start watching re-runs of Seinfeld instead of the news.

In this administration, the news is like a re-run of Seinfeld (Kramer -- George Bush?) Although Kramer never conducted unprovoked attacks on other countries (or if he did I missed that episode).

Return to Top
#498006 - 02/15/06 09:21 PM Re: VP Cheney nails some quail & 1 lawyer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

omg...if this had happened to a dem you rep would have had a field day, why does it have to be them and us all the time????...dont we live in the same country and want the same things???...just makes me shake my head

don't be so stoopid, they know what is best for us. God tells them so.

Return to Top
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13